“Almost Afraid September 20,2012” 4 of 5 stars

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Camelback Road, Tannersville, PA 18372   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Folsom, Pennsylvania
“Almost Afraid September 20,2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

After reading the reviews my husband and I almost cancelled our trip. Since we paid with a non-refundable coupon we went. I was pleasently surprised. It is an older hotel but it was very clean. Location,location,location was great..... the outside pool area with the pond is beautiful, the mountain just started turning colors. I was disapointed to find out the indoor pool was closed for resurfacing. The tv is old, but worked fine. The screen to the balcony was missing, so we couldn't keep the door open. We ordered room service chicken wings and cheesecake both were very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Janet B-

Thank you for your faith in giving us a try. As a team, we make it our goal to practice genuine hospitality and offer you a comfortable, friendly stay while away from home.

I do love the outdoor pool and view of the mountain, colors right now are stunning, in winter, it looks like a giant Christmas tree with the slopes lit up and in the Spring and summer, just peaceful and tranquil. (Hint: Great place to sit with a glass of wine...)

Please do say hello on your next trip and let us be your home away from home.

-John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have had two seperate large groups that have stayed at The Chateau Resort and Conference Center this year on business, and everyone has had a great experience! The service has been excellent and Pamela, the Sales Manager, has always went above and beyond to accomodate all our needs. The Chateau Resort and Conference Center is conveniently located to Pocono Raceway, which was the purpose of our trip. It's not always easy to please a large group of men, but in this case they were all satisfied with their stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MsMotorsports23-

Thanks you for your comments about Pamela. She does a great job with all of our groups and it is nice to see it recognized. I have already sent a copy to her and she already has it in her brag book!

In addition to your two races, this year, Pocono Raceway will also feature an Indy car race. How much fun are these weekends!

We look forward to seeing your group again in 2013!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is the third year in a row we have stayed here. We come as a group of 30 people. The service is fantastic. Pamela and Barbara are among the staff who are available to help and serve you. They really care about making your stay enjoyable. The Chateau is near shopping outlets, its next store to camel back waterpark/camelback adventures/skiing, its about 10 min from casino/golf/horseback riding and fishing. We will be returning next year for another fun family reunion.

• Stayed August 2012
Vickivic-

I love the location of this property too. Base of Camelback, Big Pocono State Park, the crossings, Mount Airy Casino, 2 minutes from the interstate, but a world away!

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the staff. They all do a great job, we have a good team.

Please do say hello on your next stay, your reunion group is great fun!

Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed 4 nights in this hotel in late August 2012. Had we not prepaid these 4 nights, we would have turned around and walked out right away because of our first impression of the hotel. Our first impression was substantiated: this "Chateau"!!! is a shabby and dirty place: in our room, the top sheet and two of the pillow cases had not been replaced and were smelling of someone's strong body odor; the bottom sheet was directly over the stained mattress (no bed pad); and the seat of one of the dirty armchairs was ripped. The terrace windows were dirty, the screen torn up. The corridor carpets were covered with stains and most of the hand rails of the exit staircase were held up with duct tape. The king size room we were given was very close to the elevator and right above the lobby supposedly attended 24 hours. Groups were partying loudly all night and we could not sleep. We had asked the young woman at the front desk to move to the end of the corridor but she refused without even looking at the room availability. The food in the unattractive restaurant is highly overpriced. The description of this hotel is a sham and it misled us. I have traveled extensively for the past 50 years all over the world in developed and under developed countries and could not believe I had been fooled right here at home in the US

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Danielleoudinot-

I apologize for the experience you are describing, it is obviously unacceptable.

I can assure you, we would never force someone to stay if they were not happy with their accommodations and we generally get very positive feedback for the desk and the restaurant.

Please do give me a call at 570 629-5900 so I can get some additional information and make certain to address your concerns.

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as a stopover on a drive to DC. Good place to stop because of the beautiful mountains and outlet shopping nearby.

But this hotel was very rundown. Don't stay here if you have allergy problems. It is moldy and pretty dirty.

The view from our room was spectacular and we slept with our windows open one night which was a treat. But that didn't make up for the lack of cleanliness. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
HungryPeople-

Thank you for the review. I too love the views and the mountain air. Sleeping with the windows open is a special treat we get to enjoy.

I would like to find out some more information about your room so I can address the issues you raised. Please do contact me so I can look into the matter and make certain you can return with comfort.

John
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Don't get me wrong. It's the best hotel in the area, and we're next to the Camelbeach water park during the summer. We have the wilderness around us. But this isn't an excuse for a "first-class hotel" as it advertised itself as.

I arrived to the hotel and it was packed for some event that was later in the evening. I had no idea what it was; it didn't matter at that time. The hotel looked nice; didn't expect the best, but it was acceptable. We turned into the hallway and went to our rooms. The rooms were fine (TV was old though), but I was in the Poconos. Not NYC.

I went to the pool and spa right after we unpacked. The pool and spa area was indoors, since the pool outside was unavailable for this "event". The spa, sadly to say, wasn't quite working. The jets were the weakest in the United States. The pool though, was refreshingly cold, yet it could use some care as well.

The fitness center was pretty good; I've seen chain hotels with worse off. The only complaint? You need a key to get in through the hallway entrance. But anyone could go outside, around, into the pool area, and through the door next to the pool. Without a key. It's a great convenience, but, even in the Poconos anything could happen.

After the swim, I went back to the room to change and came outside. And it was then that I realized what the event was. A reality show, on the Style network, called "Jerseylicious". Now, I had no idea what this was. A jersey shore rip-off? No clue. But I soon found out.

I don't want to say they were annoying. They just were a bit... under dressed. Cameras were there, filming a future episode at an engagement party. And it was pretty loud. But entertaining to watch the somewhat stupidity surrounding this. I just was upset that I couldn't use the outdoor pool area.

This reminds me, their outdoor patio is pretty nice. Fountains, rocks, moss, and a great view of the pond.

But this brings me to another story. During our stay, we were offered menu's on the pool deck. So, we ordered the 10' Pizza. And they ran out. So we ordered nachos instead. Now, aside from the nachos being without any cheese, the service manager, or someone in charge, came up to us to collect the food and said that food was NOT ALLOWED on the pool deck.

Now come on. The Hotel offers you food, you order it, and then you get ridiculed for eating because its against the Hotel rules?!

Before I finish, I want to go back to the Jerseylicious event. Many of the people from the party, I think some were actually the "actors and actresses" on this reality show, were loitering around the lobby. For a long time. And some of them were drunk as hell. Especially this one man with his eyes popping out and his hat barely on backwards. Throughout this, while I passed by to go downstairs to the pool area, I would hear a few "not so good for your child to hear" comments, if you know what I mean.

Overall, I just needed a place to sleep. And I had the room. They served a simple breakfast too. I just wish there was more consistent behaviour with the hotel. It can use a bit of sprucing up with the hotel itself, and the staff.

Sure I'll come here again. I just need to make sure there isn't another Jerseylicious engagement.

Room Tip: I wanted the third floor with the balcony and 2 levels. But any room will suffice; mine was on the g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sebmendez-

Thank you for your thorough review. I do remember the weekend you are describing well. It was not only the Jerseylicious engagement party, but also the NASCAR race weekend. It was a hectic weekend to say the least.

I want to assure you, it is not the norm to have so many events on top of each other and in general is not as chaotic as the film crew and event people indicated. I was insistent that they not disturb our other guests and I trust this was not the case. It is however, always interesting to see how that all works.

As to the food at the pool, I will look into the matter and make certain it is available in the future. You should have been able to eat your food at the outdoor pool, but we do not allow people to eat while in the pool...

Please do say hello on your next visit, I will make certain everything is great for your stay.

Elmira, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My friend and I had a wondeful experience at the Chateau. Breakfast Buffet was excellent, view is priceless. Also when we got lost Matt at the front desk was so nice and took the time to get us back to the hotel safe and sound. We had a mountainview room and it was clean, yes somethings could be updated, but at the same time they made me feel safe, comfortable and at home. We plan on visitiing every year.

Room Tip: Get the mountainview room priceless view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Mary L-

Thank you for your kind words. We have been focusing our efforts on the guest experience and levels of service. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with that.

We will continue to improve our service and our product, perhaps next trip we can earn that 5th star!

Thanks again-

John

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!