“Awesome view and wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Chateau Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   300 Camelback Road, Tannersville, PA 18372   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Tannersville
Elmira, New York, United States
“Awesome view and wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My friend and I had a wondeful experience at the Chateau. Breakfast Buffet was excellent, view is priceless. Also when we got lost Matt at the front desk was so nice and took the time to get us back to the hotel safe and sound. We had a mountainview room and it was clean, yes somethings could be updated, but at the same time they made me feel safe, comfortable and at home. We plan on visitiing every year.

Room Tip: Get the mountainview room priceless view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
John_W_GM, General Manager at Chateau Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Mary L-

Thank you for your kind words. We have been focusing our efforts on the guest experience and levels of service. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with that.

We will continue to improve our service and our product, perhaps next trip we can earn that 5th star!

Thanks again-

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Ridgewood, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Check in was quick and easy ...

Front desk very friendly and helpful...

Halls are a bit dark...

Rooms are average nothing special. Slept fine.

Purchased the shopper package room ( comes with breakfast)

Breakfast was good..

Indoor pool is a bit run down...

Game room and gym were nice...

After breakfast we took a walk towards the back of the hotel it had a beautiful view and a outdoor pool it was very nice...

Location was prefect for us since it was very close to camel beach and The outlets..

I would go back...

Room Tip: "Get a room with a view"
Marina T-

I think the shopper package is one of our best values. Given the proximity to The Crossings Premium Outlets, it really is a great value.

Our indoor pool is actually closed this week for repainting and we will continue to make these types of improvements.

Please do say hello on your next trip and let us know how we are doing.

Marlton, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I took my children to Camelbeach waterpark and this particular hotel is less than 1/4 mile away. The accommodations were lovely as was the staff! The room was clean, beds were comfortable and location was just perfect for the Poconos! Highly recommend.

sq678690-

I agree, we have the ideal location for the area. Adjacent to the waterpark & CBK adventures in the summer and in winter the skiing, snowboarding and snowtubing. Close enough to the Crossings, Mount Airy Casino and shopping. It really is a great location.

Thank you also for your comments about the cleanliness and staff. It is an area we are spending a lot of time training on.

Please say hello on your next visit.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

5he place looks decent from the outside and has nice views. 8 asked for an extra pillow at 10 o clock when I was ready to go to sleep. +ecause of the complexity of my request, I didnt receive one until 11 15 because the cleaning guy was "working on it" 9ne of the most ridiculous things 8 have ever experienced. Also, Dena, or Dana, the front desk clerk at the time was especially nasty as well acting like she was doing me a favor by telling me the cleaning guy was working on it. Overall the place was not very clean. I would not stay there again unless there was new management.

Apr39-

I certainly understand the frustration that I hear in your comments. Please accept my personal apologies.

There are times when our staff gets extremely busy, it isn't the complexity of the request, rather the amount and severity of them. We do try to anticipate this volume, but aren't always successful as was obviously the case with your stay.

Please do let me know when you are travelling this way again, I will make certain everything is good for your visit.

Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The staff here is wonderful, friendly, and accommodating, and the location is very scenic & pretty. Pay the extra money to get a room that faces the mountain, because you'll have a beautiful view, with a nice little balcony all your own. The restaurant has decent food, and there's a pool, jacuzzi, game room, and dry sauna there. Having said that, this hotel needs some things done, pronto. First, our room was not clean at all. You can tell that the carpet really needed a steam cleaning, there was hair in the bathtub when we checked in, and the doorwall was full of grime and little fingerprints. It just looked like the room had been given a "lick and a promise". The beds were comfortable, although I wondered a bit about the cleanliness of the linens, after seeing the rest of the room. Second, the fixtures and woodwork look to be 25-30 years old, and in real need of replacing (see photo). There was no microwave or small fridge (although you can rent a fridge for $20/day) -- these seem to be standard nowadays in rooms that cost $150+/night. Finally, get rid of the smoking rooms! Many, many motels are non-smoking, and there's a reason for that. People expect not to have to breathe in 2nd-hand smoke. We could not sit on our balcony or open our doorwall, because the cigarette smoke from next door came right in our room. At one time this resort was probably really beautiful, and could be again with some serious attention to housekeeping and renovations.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the mountain side, but ask to not be placed next to a 'smoking' room...
EasyWorld-

I appreciate your thorough review and will certainly explore your comments.

We are focusing our efforts on many of the items you have described. Guest room quality and cleanliness is priority among them. It is where we have been spending a lot of time and training with our staff.

Refrigerators are available for rental, they are $10 per day. The handful of smoking rooms we have left are currently being evaluated. If people are going to smoke, many of them today just smoke of the balconies or outside of the building. We are trying to find a way to make it convenient for the smokers and non-obtrusive to the non-smokers.

Please do say hello on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay special, we spent two days at the hotel while visiting Camel Beach and had a wonderful time. The rooms were clean and the location perfect for our activities. I will be returning!

Icyiluvu-

Thanks for your great review! We are striving for more like yours and appreciate hearing when we do well.

I will pass it along to the staff.

Please say hello on your next visit-

John
Moorestown, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Thia is our first and last day st the Chateau Resoet. The hotel is outdated and needs major maintenance. The rugs are filthy, the hallways dark and dingy and the rooms are not clean. We are staying here now and I'm wishing we could leave. Housekeeping came this am and the cleaning job they did was just awful. I can only imagine what the kitchen in the restaurant looks like. It will take major bucks to renovate this well located and once nice hotel. But until then, def cannot recommend the Chateau.

Flyersfan8888-

I apologize for your less than acceptable experience. I can tell you we are being aggressive in the shampooing and deep cleaning of the property. I can also tell you honestly, if you or any guest is not happy we will make every effort to make it right or we will make it right.

As to the kitchen, we take great pride in our kitchen and consistently outstanding sanitation scores as measured by the state. We make sure this happens as a senior member of the management team does an identical inspection to the state daily. It is truly a critical point for us.

We also have many groups and outside caterers that will utilize our kitchen. So the importance of it can not be understated.

Let me know the next time you are in the area. I would love to give you a tour and the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

-John

Been to Chateau Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!