“great week...no complaints at all...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eagle Village Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamiment
Eagle Village Resort
You added Eagle Village Resort to your Saves list
139 The Gln, Tamiment, PA 18371   |
long island
“great week...no complaints at all...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed for the President's week break..family of four. Snowboardin all day..hangin by the pool and with friends at night. No complaints Beds comfy, plenty of heat, warm water..very clean..spacious two bedroom ..nice kitchen..brought my own pots and pans..werent enuf..but no biggie..plenty of pillows..really no issues..parking good and convenient..staff at check in were very nice..no rudeness.
pool guy..a little odd, but nice enough....not intimidating..just takes his job real serious..lol
bring bubble bath!! great jacuzzi!!

Room Tip: we booked near the pool and rec center..very convenient but not near to the lake..which we did not m...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Wow great review and I thank you for your candid and kind words.

So happy you had a great time. We are moving on with a great plan to renovate our units starting with some structural renovations that are almost complete in our Phase III section. We have been aggressively renovating interiors in our units to up grade to more modern amenities that do include a full pack of kitchen supplies to inculde full pots and pans and anything else that you may need on vacation. In the mean time there is plenty of suppies that can be borrowed without any charge if need be.

Thanks so much for your review and We do Hope you come back really soon.

Theresa Travis Operations Director.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

My husband and I have owned a week at Tamiment since 1987 and have always enjoyed our stay. Though we miss the activities at the hotel (torn down some years ago) there are always things to do in the area. The units themselves are spacious ...especially the master bedroom with the jacuzzi tub in Phase III units. At this point they are undergoing a needed renovation but still are quite comfortable. If you plan to cook a lot rather than enjoy the area's restaurants you might want to contact the resort prior to checking in. There's ample dishware and cutlery, but few pots and pans (I brought my own 6 quart pot for pasta, a teflon frying pan, cutting board,and an ice cream scoop ... none of those were in my unit). The office does lend certain items on a first come first served basis. We enjoy the large screen TV in the rec center and the pool ... just wish they had a hot tub. Fitness center is nice and there's a lovely playground and lots of games for children to play. As mentioned in other reviews you will see deer, sometimes turkeys or a fox. The Poconos have many family friendly activities in all seasons and a lot of unique shops as well as the Tannersville outlets not too far away. Our 4 children always enjoyed seeing candles or pretzels being made among other things. we have a lot of special memories in this area and continue to make more yearly! One drawback is that cell reception is poor in the area ... the rec center does have free w-fi.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
It is a pleasure to see reviews such as this from one of our owners. It means so much to us that you are still enjoying your time here with us even through all the changes we have been through. Great Memories are essential to families and we so happy that you are still making them here at Eagle Village.

Thank you for your kind words and it is because of owners like yourself that we continue to be able to thrive and create great vacations for all families.

Sincerely, Theresa Travis Operations Director.
Guelph, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Enjoyed the views, walking by the lake, deer that came up to our townhouse. Was a little rustic, but was clean, comfortable, spacious (there were 7 of us: 4 adults and 3 kids). Pool/rec building was clean and new, OK free mini-golf.
There are a couple of close-by variety stores with expensive food, but the larger city (about 20 min. away) had full size grocery stores. Scenic multiple waterfall park nearby was beautiful. Close enough to do New York City/Philadelphia in a day (if you leave early and come home late!). Close to a large waterpark, for use in summer. Had a great week!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
So happy that you had a great week here with us. We are fortunate to have such beautiful Water falls all around our location, and so glad you took advantage of that part of the Pocono Mountains.

Thank you very much for your kind review and for staying with us at Eagle Village and we hope you do come back very soon.

Theresa Travis -Operations Director
Bayonne, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I agree with Walter W on one thing. There is this manager? guy that stayed in the rec area (mostly the pool) and stares at you. He makes you really uncomfortable to the point you don't even want to use that facility. He makes it a point to scold you about ridiculous things. It's so nice in the pool then he comes in every 15 minutes to stare and it really is so creepy. I told the girl that was on duty one day and she said she knew and I'm not the first to say it.

Other then that the place is wonderful! Had the greatest time. So peaceful and relaxing and the deer come right up to you. Absolutely gorgeous place. Can't wait to go again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I do apologize if the attendant at our Recreation Facility seemed to be to strict. Please understand that he takes his job very seriousley and will correct children and others to be sure everyone is safe and following the rules. We do get great comment on his attentiveness and the way he takes good care of our facility, and I am sorry if you did not appreciate his attention to monitoring everything to make sure all were safe at all times.

We have held consistently good scores and comments for three years in a row and we are very very happy that your did enjoy your stay, we do hope that you do come back and stop in to say hello when you do come back so we can help make your stay even better next time.

Theresa Travis --Operations Director.
Rahway, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My wife and I had reservations for a 2 night stay at Eagle Village from 11/11-11/13. We are RCI members and reservations were made through Wyndham Endless Vacations, which is owned by RCI. A few days prior to our arrival I confirmed our reservation with Eagle Village and was told I was assigned unit 1017. Upon arrival at the resort, prior to check-in, we drove through the property to familiarize ourselves with the layout and the location of our assigned unit. As we approached unit 1017 an individual exited a vehicle which was parked in front of the unit next to ours. This person stood outside of his car and literally "stared us down" as we approached and drove past him. He continued with the menacing stare even as we drove out of the parking area and down the road. This was not a passing glance but more of a threatening action which made my wife feel very uncomfortable and she related to me that she would not feel safe staying at the assigned unit. We then proceeded to check-in and explained the situation to the desk clerk requesting a simple unit change. The desk clerk seemed like she was attempting to accomodate our request when an individual who identified himself as the manager entered the check-in area and stated in a very LOUD, RUDE, STERN tone of voice that under no uncertain terms would a switch be granted. The alleged manager told me I should've received numerous emails explaining the strict reservation process and that he would not accomodate our request under any condition. He stated the entire resort was booked and every unit, other than the one assigned to us, was reserved by the actual Eagle Village owner (hard to believe). Therefore, we were told that no unit changes could be made. As I attempted to plead our case I was constantly interrupted by the manager who was standing firm and not going to budge. I tried to explain to the manager that my wife did not feel safe and we were not trying to break any rules or change any policies, we simply wanted to switch one unit for another. The manager stated the only recourse we had would be to contact RCI and attempt to make other arrangements through them. He was UNWILLING TO HELP US OUT AT ALL. Knowing that I was talking to a deaf ear and at the time we had no other option other than to deal with RCI we reluctantly checked in. We then proceeded to our assigned unit, which is another story. They claim the units were built in the 80's and when we walked in we felt as though we travelled back 30 years in time. THE PLACE WAS DEPLORABLE and it did not appear as though any improvements or renovations were ever made. Although, I was surprised to see "tiny color tv's and not black and white ones with rabbit ear antennas! THE PLACE NEEDS TO BE CLOSED FOR TOTAL RENOVATION. We then contacted RCI and explained our situation to a caring person who fortunately made arrangements elsewhere at another resort...Thank you to her!!! We then returned to the office to turn in the keys. The desk clerk was very understanding as well as Director of Operations Theresa Travis who provided me with her business card and apoligized for any inconvenience. We were then informed by the clerk that the person who "stared us down" was actually the resort maintenence man. Just think, this is the person who has the master keys to all the units! As an employee his actions were totally unacceptable and he should be dealt with accordingly. I would never feel comfortable staying at this resort knowing this character can enter by unit at his pleasure. It was not our imagination. This "maintenance man" DISPLAYED THREATENING, MENACING ACTIONS. Prior to leaving the office I asked the clerk for the business card of the RUDE MANAGER. She then proceeded to his office where I overheard him say "tell him I don't have a business card and why does he want to know my name". The clerk then came out of the office followed by the manager who demanded to know why I needed his name and he then actually started yelling at me saying he was going to " report me to RCI". I still am puzzled as to why he was going to report me to RCI, but whatever. I walked out of the office in the midst of the manager yelling rude remarks at me. How this man achieved the position of manager behooves me. Part of management skills is effectively dealing with the public and attempting to resolve matters, for the sake of the business. I've been in law enforcement for 26 years and have encountered every type of person imaginable but have never met a ruder person than the manager of this resort. I apoligize to the desk clerk and Theresa Travis if they felt like they were put in an uncomfortable position. They were very understanding and I'm sure they would've accomodated my request without hesitation had it not been for the manager intervening.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
We all know that there are always two sides to most stories. Please let us explain ours. Eagle Village under the guidance of our General Manager has achieved outstanding customer satisfaction levels. For the last three years in a row Eagle Village has been the recipients of a prestigious Hospitality award by one of the biggest exchange companies. This award acknowledges that for hospitality and check-in, exchange guests rated Eagle Village at 90% and 92% in satisfaction ratings. Also a review of comments on Trip Advisor will confirm similar satisfaction ratings. Our scores and reviews speak volumes on how informed and reasonable guests are treated at Eagle Village. We are very proud of these accomplishments which reflect the hard work and attitude of the General Manager and our staff.

There are guests however, who in our opinion, and for whatever reasons, believe that operational necessities that work for the majority do not apply to them. This guest insists that “I'm sure they (staff) would've accomodated my request without hesitation had it not been for the manager intervening” could not be further from the truth, as evidenced by our web page. As the review indicates, we send pre arrival e-mails. These informative emails ask that the guest take the time to review our web page prior to arrival. Web page is clear that:

“Changes to any reservations assigned by any exchange company are impossible. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you, but we are a small resort, with high occupancy demand, and all villas are deeded to Eagle Village owners for their or their guests (exchange in bounds included) usage.” And that “the exchange company and only the exchange company can change your assignment”.

It is obvious this guest did not review the web page, so our General Manager tried numerous times to explain what is plainly stated there. All we asked of this guest was that they please take a few minutes to call the exchange company. We explained that we were hopeful that they would find another villa at Eagle Village or at another Resort within short driving distant from us. In the guest’s own words”the manager stated the only recourse we had would be to contact the exchange company and attempt to make other arrangements through them”.

This guest, however, insisted they wanted to be moved, which they believed incorrectly, was a “simple unit change”. The guest’s self proclaimed attitude believing they were “talking to a deaf ear” and our reasoning “hard to believe" made it difficult for us to work with them. As the guest wrote “He (the General Manager) stated the entire resort was booked and every unit, other than the one assigned to us, an exchange guest, was reserved by the actual Eagle Village owner whom has banked it with an exchange company or is coming up to his/her villa, (hard to believe)”. Yes, this is exactly what we were saying and the guest’s unwillingness to believe us is evident by their behavior at check in and this review.

Please understand when you offer, a realistic solution to the guest’s needs and the guest assumes, they are talking to a “deaf ear” and found our solution “hard to believe”, are in our opinion, just unreasonable. Sooner or later this behavior wears on the most patient of staff and manager. For this we apologize.

Their comments that our maintenance man " DISPLAYED THREATENING, MENACING ACTIONS” etc. are in our opinion without merit. There were no discussions or direct contact which transpired between the guests and the maintenance man. Further, this gentleman has performed for Eagle Village for a decade, and never has anyone describe nor criticized him in such a manner.

In summary, no resort could display behavior as described by this guest and consistently receive the high satisfaction levels as Eagle Village does.

Eagle Village P.O.A Management

Travelers are raving about these Tamiment hotels

Huntington Station, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Although i only stayed one night @ Eagle Village Resort i will definitely go back for a longer stay! Very nice property tucked away in the woods.The Rec. center looked very nice,just wished i got to use it :(

I was very leary about how it was going to work out,we got a very good deal on the internet for a one night stay.

We were arriving after hours and was worried about getting into the unit.
After talking to Tina(think i got the name right) everything went just like she said about how to get the key and finding the unit.The unit was very clean and had beautiful large kitchen area.

Overall a GREAT place for a family to stay!!!!

Even better my sister only lives about 10 min. @ Poc.Mtn.Lk.Est. a great plus coming from Long Island.

We will be back!

For a GREAT stay.
-Eric

ps. you can also check out my video on...Youtube (arubakid99) titled "Eagle Village Resort,Pa."

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Your review was great and we so loved the video you did of Eagle Village. We are so pleased that you had a great time and we sincerely hope that you do come back for a longer stay.
Our Recreation Center is awesome with a huge heated pool and lot's of fun things to do. So we will see you soon we hope..

Thanks again!
Theresa Travis
Manager
Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

It is a great place to relax. It is a great place for children. Very spotty cell service (which is not a bad thing). Very nice pool and rec center (this is where you connect with the free wi-fi). Theree are plenty of activies and restaurants close by. I plan to return next year (I want to see Bushkill Falls, again).

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
So Glad you enjoyed your stay here. Yes we are deep in the woods so cell service and GPS is usually not a great thing to rely on. We love families and hope that you do come back soon. Bushill Falls is beautiful and an awesome experience for everyone. Hope to see you back again..
Theresa Travis
Manager

Been to Eagle Village Resort? Share your experiences!