“****STAY AWAY****DO NOT PATRONIZE****RUDE MANAGER***” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Eagle Village Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamiment
Eagle Village Resort
You added Eagle Village Resort to your Saves list
139 The Gln, Tamiment, PA 18371   |
Rahway, New Jersey
“****STAY AWAY****DO NOT PATRONIZE****RUDE MANAGER***”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My wife and I had reservations for a 2 night stay at Eagle Village from 11/11-11/13. We are RCI members and reservations were made through Wyndham Endless Vacations, which is owned by RCI. A few days prior to our arrival I confirmed our reservation with Eagle Village and was told I was assigned unit 1017. Upon arrival at the resort, prior to check-in, we drove through the property to familiarize ourselves with the layout and the location of our assigned unit. As we approached unit 1017 an individual exited a vehicle which was parked in front of the unit next to ours. This person stood outside of his car and literally "stared us down" as we approached and drove past him. He continued with the menacing stare even as we drove out of the parking area and down the road. This was not a passing glance but more of a threatening action which made my wife feel very uncomfortable and she related to me that she would not feel safe staying at the assigned unit. We then proceeded to check-in and explained the situation to the desk clerk requesting a simple unit change. The desk clerk seemed like she was attempting to accomodate our request when an individual who identified himself as the manager entered the check-in area and stated in a very LOUD, RUDE, STERN tone of voice that under no uncertain terms would a switch be granted. The alleged manager told me I should've received numerous emails explaining the strict reservation process and that he would not accomodate our request under any condition. He stated the entire resort was booked and every unit, other than the one assigned to us, was reserved by the actual Eagle Village owner (hard to believe). Therefore, we were told that no unit changes could be made. As I attempted to plead our case I was constantly interrupted by the manager who was standing firm and not going to budge. I tried to explain to the manager that my wife did not feel safe and we were not trying to break any rules or change any policies, we simply wanted to switch one unit for another. The manager stated the only recourse we had would be to contact RCI and attempt to make other arrangements through them. He was UNWILLING TO HELP US OUT AT ALL. Knowing that I was talking to a deaf ear and at the time we had no other option other than to deal with RCI we reluctantly checked in. We then proceeded to our assigned unit, which is another story. They claim the units were built in the 80's and when we walked in we felt as though we travelled back 30 years in time. THE PLACE WAS DEPLORABLE and it did not appear as though any improvements or renovations were ever made. Although, I was surprised to see "tiny color tv's and not black and white ones with rabbit ear antennas! THE PLACE NEEDS TO BE CLOSED FOR TOTAL RENOVATION. We then contacted RCI and explained our situation to a caring person who fortunately made arrangements elsewhere at another resort...Thank you to her!!! We then returned to the office to turn in the keys. The desk clerk was very understanding as well as Director of Operations Theresa Travis who provided me with her business card and apoligized for any inconvenience. We were then informed by the clerk that the person who "stared us down" was actually the resort maintenence man. Just think, this is the person who has the master keys to all the units! As an employee his actions were totally unacceptable and he should be dealt with accordingly. I would never feel comfortable staying at this resort knowing this character can enter by unit at his pleasure. It was not our imagination. This "maintenance man" DISPLAYED THREATENING, MENACING ACTIONS. Prior to leaving the office I asked the clerk for the business card of the RUDE MANAGER. She then proceeded to his office where I overheard him say "tell him I don't have a business card and why does he want to know my name". The clerk then came out of the office followed by the manager who demanded to know why I needed his name and he then actually started yelling at me saying he was going to " report me to RCI". I still am puzzled as to why he was going to report me to RCI, but whatever. I walked out of the office in the midst of the manager yelling rude remarks at me. How this man achieved the position of manager behooves me. Part of management skills is effectively dealing with the public and attempting to resolve matters, for the sake of the business. I've been in law enforcement for 26 years and have encountered every type of person imaginable but have never met a ruder person than the manager of this resort. I apoligize to the desk clerk and Theresa Travis if they felt like they were put in an uncomfortable position. They were very understanding and I'm sure they would've accomodated my request without hesitation had it not been for the manager intervening.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
We all know that there are always two sides to most stories. Please let us explain ours. Eagle Village under the guidance of our General Manager has achieved outstanding customer satisfaction levels. For the last three years in a row Eagle Village has been the recipients of a prestigious Hospitality award by one of the biggest exchange companies. This award acknowledges that for hospitality and check-in, exchange guests rated Eagle Village at 90% and 92% in satisfaction ratings. Also a review of comments on Trip Advisor will confirm similar satisfaction ratings. Our scores and reviews speak volumes on how informed and reasonable guests are treated at Eagle Village. We are very proud of these accomplishments which reflect the hard work and attitude of the General Manager and our staff.

There are guests however, who in our opinion, and for whatever reasons, believe that operational necessities that work for the majority do not apply to them. This guest insists that “I'm sure they (staff) would've accomodated my request without hesitation had it not been for the manager intervening” could not be further from the truth, as evidenced by our web page. As the review indicates, we send pre arrival e-mails. These informative emails ask that the guest take the time to review our web page prior to arrival. Web page is clear that:

“Changes to any reservations assigned by any exchange company are impossible. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you, but we are a small resort, with high occupancy demand, and all villas are deeded to Eagle Village owners for their or their guests (exchange in bounds included) usage.” And that “the exchange company and only the exchange company can change your assignment”.

It is obvious this guest did not review the web page, so our General Manager tried numerous times to explain what is plainly stated there. All we asked of this guest was that they please take a few minutes to call the exchange company. We explained that we were hopeful that they would find another villa at Eagle Village or at another Resort within short driving distant from us. In the guest’s own words”the manager stated the only recourse we had would be to contact the exchange company and attempt to make other arrangements through them”.

This guest, however, insisted they wanted to be moved, which they believed incorrectly, was a “simple unit change”. The guest’s self proclaimed attitude believing they were “talking to a deaf ear” and our reasoning “hard to believe" made it difficult for us to work with them. As the guest wrote “He (the General Manager) stated the entire resort was booked and every unit, other than the one assigned to us, an exchange guest, was reserved by the actual Eagle Village owner whom has banked it with an exchange company or is coming up to his/her villa, (hard to believe)”. Yes, this is exactly what we were saying and the guest’s unwillingness to believe us is evident by their behavior at check in and this review.

Please understand when you offer, a realistic solution to the guest’s needs and the guest assumes, they are talking to a “deaf ear” and found our solution “hard to believe”, are in our opinion, just unreasonable. Sooner or later this behavior wears on the most patient of staff and manager. For this we apologize.

Their comments that our maintenance man " DISPLAYED THREATENING, MENACING ACTIONS” etc. are in our opinion without merit. There were no discussions or direct contact which transpired between the guests and the maintenance man. Further, this gentleman has performed for Eagle Village for a decade, and never has anyone describe nor criticized him in such a manner.

In summary, no resort could display behavior as described by this guest and consistently receive the high satisfaction levels as Eagle Village does.

Eagle Village P.O.A Management

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Huntington Station, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Although i only stayed one night @ Eagle Village Resort i will definitely go back for a longer stay! Very nice property tucked away in the woods.The Rec. center looked very nice,just wished i got to use it :(

I was very leary about how it was going to work out,we got a very good deal on the internet for a one night stay.

We were arriving after hours and was worried about getting into the unit.
After talking to Tina(think i got the name right) everything went just like she said about how to get the key and finding the unit.The unit was very clean and had beautiful large kitchen area.

Overall a GREAT place for a family to stay!!!!

Even better my sister only lives about 10 min. @ Poc.Mtn.Lk.Est. a great plus coming from Long Island.

We will be back!

For a GREAT stay.
-Eric

ps. you can also check out my video on...Youtube (arubakid99) titled "Eagle Village Resort,Pa."

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Your review was great and we so loved the video you did of Eagle Village. We are so pleased that you had a great time and we sincerely hope that you do come back for a longer stay.
Our Recreation Center is awesome with a huge heated pool and lot's of fun things to do. So we will see you soon we hope..

Thanks again!
Manager
Stratford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

It is a great place to relax. It is a great place for children. Very spotty cell service (which is not a bad thing). Very nice pool and rec center (this is where you connect with the free wi-fi). Theree are plenty of activies and restaurants close by. I plan to return next year (I want to see Bushkill Falls, again).

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
So Glad you enjoyed your stay here. Yes we are deep in the woods so cell service and GPS is usually not a great thing to rely on. We love families and hope that you do come back soon. Bushill Falls is beautiful and an awesome experience for everyone. Hope to see you back again..
Manager
East Setauket, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This place sells itself short.

What these are are treetop 80s ski villas in the heart of the Poconos.

These are private, secluded Villa on the lake at Eagle Village.

Each VIlla has master bedroom w Jacuzzi, loft with 2 beds, and another seperate bedroom w 2 single beds. They are big.

They have 2 tvs, full kitchen, cable, and a recreation center with tennis, pool , foosball pingpong and wifi. Deer roam the property every night. We had the best night sleep in the poconos with only the sounds of nature to sleep by.

This is a base in the heart of the poconos, close to

14 waterfalls including bushkill and raymondskill falls & dingmans
river rafting & canoeing
fishing
caves,
waterparks
restaurants

Its a condo, a base, a nice place to stay while exploring. Its not luxury land. The poconos are not luxury and pampering. They are the outdoors and beauty. We stayed here fully expecting zippo after reading the reviews. But it was very good.

Enjoy the real poconos at Eagle Village

Treetop 80s ski villas in the heart of the Poconos.

Enjoy your private, secluded Villa on the lake at Eagle Village.

2 tvs, full kitchen, cablle, and recreation center with tennis, pool , foosball pingpong and wifi. Deer roam the property every night. Have the best night sleep in the poconos with only the sounds of nature to sleep by.

Its close to

14 waterfalls including bushkill and raymondskill falls & dingmans
river rafting & canoeing
fishing
caves,
waterparks
all restaurants

We enjoyed the real poconos at Eagle Village. I read here people saying they had to take thier garbage out. If that bothers you you need to go elshwhere. We went here with 9 people in 2 villas and had a good time.

Bill

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you so much for your recent review.

I am a bit surprised at the mention of not so favorable reviews you read as we are currently scoring 83% here on TRIP ADVISER and with other exchange companies we are in the 80%.

Our goal is to be as realistic as possible and to set the proper expectations for our guests.

Too often in the hospitably business, some resorts do not in fact represent what their guest will experience when they arrive. It is important to us, that we do not portray what we are not and what we cannot provide.

For example, many people want and in today's environment expect non- smoking rooms. We cannot provide these. Many have no experience with a resort set in the woods, where parking and access to villas are not very convenient, and are surprised when they arrive, As we point out to you, all our villas have many steps to access and are two levels.
Again, when a guest arrives and they find that they cannot easily access our villas they are disappointed and want to move to something more to their liking, which we cannot provide.

Also due our location, cell phone service is very sporadic and many guests find this very annoying while on property and expect better. Our Wi-Fi service is limited to our recreation center, but most guests expect service at their villas, where they can access daily e–mails, their job requirements, or indulge in social networking without leaving the comfort of their room.

Finally our location is deep in the woods and normal Internet maps and GPS services can lead you astray. So we are very careful in letting you know that our web site is the most reliable place for driving instructions.

These are a few examples of why we try, in advance, to set the proper expectations so when you arrive, you will enjoy what we are and will not be disappointed in what we are not. I hope this helps a bit and thanks once again for your review.
Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

They send you emails and links to their web page telling you what they are not, so dont be surprised when you get here. It is in the woods, which is beautiful, but watch out for deer and potholes. Lake access is limited, but sufficient. The accomodations are large, but old and used. Peeling wallpaper, broken tiles, scuffed walls, worn furniture, everything squeeks. It is a cabin in the woods not marriott time square. It is beautiful, and everything you need for a restful vacation. There are lots of rules. In addition to no housekeeping, before check out you must strip your own beds, take out your own trash and wash your own dishes. Beds are large, but hard & squeeky.

Room Tip: Get fishing tips ans an Expensive license at the pickerell inn
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review and for understanding and appreciating our email that we send to all arrivals.

Yes we are an older resort but we do have a very good plan for renovations and for upgrade to our units. Last Year we spent approximately 200K doing much needed upgrades and replacing things like a/c units and decks. In the future we are doing interior things like foggy sliding doors, replacing carpets with beautiful wooden floors, blinds,TV,s and beds. We will be starting again after the season however, these things take alot of time to schedule and complete as we can afford.
Once again thanks for your review and we hope you can make it back soon

Norristown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Just returned from Eagle Village and totally enjoyed it. Our unit was a little dated, but very clean and spacious. Everyone who worked there was extremely nice and helpful. It is a quiet resort in the woods, so it's the perfect place to get away from all the noise and excitement of the city and just RELAX. Also, since cell phone service was spotty and there was no wifi in the units, our family was forced to have some real family time playing games, talking and just spending time together. I would definately return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here. I agree that is it a great family time Resort and so happy you made the best of the spotty cell service and no wifi within the unit. Although It is available at our Recreation center complimentary, This summer has been one the best that I can remember. Lot's of kids really enjoyed our activities and row boats on the lake. I truly hope you can come back next year and have more family fun and relaxation.

Sincerely
Director of Operations
Amesbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I waited until about a month before going on Vacation to look for a place. I was looking for something in the mountains or a beach in a quiet area. I was hoping for late May or Early June. Usually my timeshare doesn’t pull well between Memorial Day and Labor Day. We had gone to the Poconos twice before both time off season and loved it.
I found Eagle Village during June and was happy to see they had Tree Houses. My 2 ½ year old son has been obsessed with tree houses since seeing Bob the builder make one. I was concerned when the resort sent me an email apologizing for the condition of the resort. “Built in the 1980’s our accommodations are dated and show normal wear and tear. We pride ourselves on making our villas as accommodating as possible, and are closer to being Silver Crown rather than Gold Crown ratings.” I read the email to someone at work who said they would cancel now if they were me, I figured we would be fine, but I kept my expectations low.
However I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the accommodations. The rugs were new, the sofa and chair were better than most. The beds were OK for a timeshare; I’ve never seen any that had really good beds. The stairs leading up to the unit were a little scary but they held up for the week, and they are in the process of replacing them.
The pool was nice though not very deep, the playground was great for very small kids, there was a small mini-golf section of the playground, fitness equipment looked good but I didn’t use it. There was free Wifi at the recreation center, and the staff seemed very helpful.
Cell phone service in the condo was almost nonexistent, my AT&T iPhone did get messages occasionally but once I touched it I got no service. We had visitors with Verizon Droid phones who had similar results.
I didn’t like having to walk down stairs then back up stairs with all our stuff at check-in but once we saw bunches of deer hanging around, and the nice view of the lake I felt the extra walk was worth it. Our son just loved that we were in a tree-house and anytime we went out to eat as soon as we finished he would say “Back to tree-house now”
The microwave was old and weird, food could be both burnt and frozen at the same time, and during the worst of the rain the roof leaked a bit though we didn’t get wet nor did any of our stuff. The resort seems to louse power a lot, they said there was going to be scheduled power outages from 8:00am to 4:00pm on Monday and Tuesday. We did day trips and didn’t know how long the power went out for and there were a couple of times at night where it went off for a few seconds, not the fault of the resort but one should be prepared for it.
If the resort was 5 ½ hours from my home, I’d go there every year if I could, at least for as long as my toddler is amused by being in a treehouse. We really liked Eagle Village and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Try to get one without a lot of steps.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thanks so much for your review. Its great to hear that your son got a kick out of the Tree-house.
Our guest love them as they are stand alone and private.
We send out emails to all of our arrivals so we make sure they are aware of what we are and what is available. We just don't want to disappoint anyone by setting expectations that we cannot fulfill. We take pride in our customer service and do appreciate that you will recommend us. THANKS AGAIN We home you do come back again soon.

EVPOA Manager.

Been to Eagle Village Resort? Share your experiences!