“LARGE TREETOP VILLAS” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eagle Village Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tamiment
Eagle Village Resort
139 The Gln, Tamiment, PA 18371   |
East Setauket, New York
“LARGE TREETOP VILLAS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

This place sells itself short.

What these are are treetop 80s ski villas in the heart of the Poconos.

These are private, secluded Villa on the lake at Eagle Village.

Each VIlla has master bedroom w Jacuzzi, loft with 2 beds, and another seperate bedroom w 2 single beds. They are big.

They have 2 tvs, full kitchen, cable, and a recreation center with tennis, pool , foosball pingpong and wifi. Deer roam the property every night. We had the best night sleep in the poconos with only the sounds of nature to sleep by.

This is a base in the heart of the poconos, close to

14 waterfalls including bushkill and raymondskill falls & dingmans
river rafting & canoeing
fishing
caves,
waterparks
restaurants

Its a condo, a base, a nice place to stay while exploring. Its not luxury land. The poconos are not luxury and pampering. They are the outdoors and beauty. We stayed here fully expecting zippo after reading the reviews. But it was very good.

Enjoy the real poconos at Eagle Village

Treetop 80s ski villas in the heart of the Poconos.

Enjoy your private, secluded Villa on the lake at Eagle Village.

2 tvs, full kitchen, cablle, and recreation center with tennis, pool , foosball pingpong and wifi. Deer roam the property every night. Have the best night sleep in the poconos with only the sounds of nature to sleep by.

Its close to

14 waterfalls including bushkill and raymondskill falls & dingmans
river rafting & canoeing
fishing
caves,
waterparks
all restaurants

We enjoyed the real poconos at Eagle Village. I read here people saying they had to take thier garbage out. If that bothers you you need to go elshwhere. We went here with 9 people in 2 villas and had a good time.

Bill

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you so much for your recent review.

I am a bit surprised at the mention of not so favorable reviews you read as we are currently scoring 83% here on TRIP ADVISER and with other exchange companies we are in the 80%.

Our goal is to be as realistic as possible and to set the proper expectations for our guests.

Too often in the hospitably business, some resorts do not in fact represent what their guest will experience when they arrive. It is important to us, that we do not portray what we are not and what we cannot provide.

For example, many people want and in today's environment expect non- smoking rooms. We cannot provide these. Many have no experience with a resort set in the woods, where parking and access to villas are not very convenient, and are surprised when they arrive, As we point out to you, all our villas have many steps to access and are two levels.
Again, when a guest arrives and they find that they cannot easily access our villas they are disappointed and want to move to something more to their liking, which we cannot provide.

Also due our location, cell phone service is very sporadic and many guests find this very annoying while on property and expect better. Our Wi-Fi service is limited to our recreation center, but most guests expect service at their villas, where they can access daily e–mails, their job requirements, or indulge in social networking without leaving the comfort of their room.

Finally our location is deep in the woods and normal Internet maps and GPS services can lead you astray. So we are very careful in letting you know that our web site is the most reliable place for driving instructions.

These are a few examples of why we try, in advance, to set the proper expectations so when you arrive, you will enjoy what we are and will not be disappointed in what we are not. I hope this helps a bit and thanks once again for your review.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Normal, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

They send you emails and links to their web page telling you what they are not, so dont be surprised when you get here. It is in the woods, which is beautiful, but watch out for deer and potholes. Lake access is limited, but sufficient. The accomodations are large, but old and used. Peeling wallpaper, broken tiles, scuffed walls, worn furniture, everything squeeks. It is a cabin in the woods not marriott time square. It is beautiful, and everything you need for a restful vacation. There are lots of rules. In addition to no housekeeping, before check out you must strip your own beds, take out your own trash and wash your own dishes. Beds are large, but hard & squeeky.

Room Tip: Get fishing tips ans an Expensive license at the pickerell inn
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review and for understanding and appreciating our email that we send to all arrivals.

Yes we are an older resort but we do have a very good plan for renovations and for upgrade to our units. Last Year we spent approximately 200K doing much needed upgrades and replacing things like a/c units and decks. In the future we are doing interior things like foggy sliding doors, replacing carpets with beautiful wooden floors, blinds,TV,s and beds. We will be starting again after the season however, these things take alot of time to schedule and complete as we can afford.
Once again thanks for your review and we hope you can make it back soon

Norristown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Just returned from Eagle Village and totally enjoyed it. Our unit was a little dated, but very clean and spacious. Everyone who worked there was extremely nice and helpful. It is a quiet resort in the woods, so it's the perfect place to get away from all the noise and excitement of the city and just RELAX. Also, since cell phone service was spotty and there was no wifi in the units, our family was forced to have some real family time playing games, talking and just spending time together. I would definately return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here. I agree that is it a great family time Resort and so happy you made the best of the spotty cell service and no wifi within the unit. Although It is available at our Recreation center complimentary, This summer has been one the best that I can remember. Lot's of kids really enjoyed our activities and row boats on the lake. I truly hope you can come back next year and have more family fun and relaxation.

Sincerely
Director of Operations
Amesbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I waited until about a month before going on Vacation to look for a place. I was looking for something in the mountains or a beach in a quiet area. I was hoping for late May or Early June. Usually my timeshare doesn’t pull well between Memorial Day and Labor Day. We had gone to the Poconos twice before both time off season and loved it.
I found Eagle Village during June and was happy to see they had Tree Houses. My 2 ½ year old son has been obsessed with tree houses since seeing Bob the builder make one. I was concerned when the resort sent me an email apologizing for the condition of the resort. “Built in the 1980’s our accommodations are dated and show normal wear and tear. We pride ourselves on making our villas as accommodating as possible, and are closer to being Silver Crown rather than Gold Crown ratings.” I read the email to someone at work who said they would cancel now if they were me, I figured we would be fine, but I kept my expectations low.
However I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the accommodations. The rugs were new, the sofa and chair were better than most. The beds were OK for a timeshare; I’ve never seen any that had really good beds. The stairs leading up to the unit were a little scary but they held up for the week, and they are in the process of replacing them.
The pool was nice though not very deep, the playground was great for very small kids, there was a small mini-golf section of the playground, fitness equipment looked good but I didn’t use it. There was free Wifi at the recreation center, and the staff seemed very helpful.
Cell phone service in the condo was almost nonexistent, my AT&T iPhone did get messages occasionally but once I touched it I got no service. We had visitors with Verizon Droid phones who had similar results.
I didn’t like having to walk down stairs then back up stairs with all our stuff at check-in but once we saw bunches of deer hanging around, and the nice view of the lake I felt the extra walk was worth it. Our son just loved that we were in a tree-house and anytime we went out to eat as soon as we finished he would say “Back to tree-house now”
The microwave was old and weird, food could be both burnt and frozen at the same time, and during the worst of the rain the roof leaked a bit though we didn’t get wet nor did any of our stuff. The resort seems to louse power a lot, they said there was going to be scheduled power outages from 8:00am to 4:00pm on Monday and Tuesday. We did day trips and didn’t know how long the power went out for and there were a couple of times at night where it went off for a few seconds, not the fault of the resort but one should be prepared for it.
If the resort was 5 ½ hours from my home, I’d go there every year if I could, at least for as long as my toddler is amused by being in a treehouse. We really liked Eagle Village and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Try to get one without a lot of steps.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thanks so much for your review. Its great to hear that your son got a kick out of the Tree-house.
Our guest love them as they are stand alone and private.
We send out emails to all of our arrivals so we make sure they are aware of what we are and what is available. We just don't want to disappoint anyone by setting expectations that we cannot fulfill. We take pride in our customer service and do appreciate that you will recommend us. THANKS AGAIN We home you do come back again soon.

EVPOA Manager.
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I have been coming to Eagle Village with my parents since I was a teenager. Now I visit every year with my 2 young daughters. We love it! The setting is beautiful and the pace is slow- the perfect place to stop, and relax, and enjoy time with your family. We take walks by the lake, stop at the playground, and spend a few hours at the pool every day. The kids look for deer and turkey, and always see them. Then after dinner, we end the day sitting by the fire, watching the sun set with some wine....what can be better than that??? The people who work there have always been helpful and pleasant. Thank you Eagle Village for many years of family fun :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Thank you for your review. It means so much to us when our guest have a relaxing time and enjoy our property. Goes to show that even and older Resort like us can be the most relaxing vacation destination. Clean accommodation, pleasant staff, and our wildlife are some of our greatest comments. You and your family, like many of our returning guests have enjoyed Eagle Village and continue to come back year after year. SO GLAD YOU DID...!!
See you next year.
Director of Operations
Centereach, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

This was by far the worst vacation my family has ever had and it's all because of Eagle Village's poor quality accomodations and "could care less about customer satisfaction" attitude. First, it started out on the day we checked in on Christimas Eve there was no heat!. AND, I was lucky enough that day that we checked in before their 5:00p.m. check in time (which also happens to be same time their office closes????) I was lucky since we did check in early and got lucky to get a room and when I realized at 4:50 p.m. there was no heat, the response I got was "oh, our maintenance guy just left, I have to see if I can catch him." Thankfully, they got him, but unfortunately he couldn't fix the heat. I was told because of the resort was full they couldn't move me into another unit so they provided us with huge loud electric heaters. One was next to my bed so I couldn't sleep! The next morning I made coffee to find all the coffee cups in the cabinet were all dirty with dried coffee or hot chocolate - I was mortified! I had to clean myself with towels as there was no sponge provided. The next day on Christmas we planned a nice cozy day with family and friends where we wanted to use the fireplace. We purchased the wood but of course the fireplace didn't work, and we got smoked out. (Husband knows all about how to work fireplace - so please, Eagle Village, don't even think about saying we didn't know how to use.) The day after Christmas there was a major snow storm and when we were returning from skiing that day, there were no plows at all on the road/mountain that Eagle Village is located on, therefore, our car did not make up the mountain so we had to stay at motel over night. The next morning when we returned at 10:00 am they still had not shovelled our walkways or entrances!!! We had one more day and was planning on relaxing and staying warm that day, BUT... the electricity kept going out and since we had electric heaters it was too cold so we had to leave early. When checked out early the office didn't seem to care. And just when we tried to forget the entire vacation, a week later we get a $50 credit card charge (for extra cleaning) from Eagle Village with pictures they took of our room on how we left it a mess and even made a completely FALSE charge about a dirty sanitary napkin on sink. I was mortified to have received such a correspondence from a resort!!!! Is this their way of expressing customer satisfaction???!!! Please I highly recommend NOT staying at Eagle Village!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
OpsDirector, Manager at Eagle Village Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
I am very sorry that you did not have a very good stay here at Eagle Village.

Please understand that we are not a 24 hour operation. We are a 30+ year old Resort in the Pocono Mountains and we do have some dated units as do most of the Timeshare Resorts in this area. We are undergoing a 3 to 5 year plan for renovations and Heating and A/C Systems are on that schedule. This is the reason we have the portable heaters, and last I checked not many other timeshare resorts provide these. I am sorry they were noisy.

As far as the Kitchen Supplies being dirty, I wish you would have brought that up to us so we could have rectified that and had housekeeping take care of your concerns.
Our Office is open 7 Days a week except Saturdays, (our normal Check in Day) we are here till 10:00PM. Christmas Day I was in as well as our Front Desk until 7PM. If you had checked your confirmation, you would have seen that we are not here after 5PM any other day than Saturday.

When snow events happen here in the Poconos, Our Roads are plowed by the County. Our Resort is maintained by our Maintenance Staff and an Outside contractor. Being on the Property here and Everyday of those snow events I know and am sure all was cleared at least twice a day, with snow blowers and salting walkways. This is the Very first concern we have heard over this Holiday week in regards to snow removal or walkways not cleared.

Again, Had you read your Information book, there are instructions on working the Fireplaces and in the information book it states, not to use wood, to use Artificial logs ie: Duraflames. If you called the office to see why this fireplace smoked I am sure this was explained to you.

As for the electric, we have overhead lines here, and because of the Very Heavy and Unusual winds that week, yes, we lost electric on and off as did many other communities and areas of the North East did that week.There is nothing we can do about Electrical Outages. I do apologize that the weather did not cooperate during your stay. You're decision to check out early, was at your discretion and once again I was here when you did check out and I do remember saying we were sorry for all the problems you had. The storms were hitting most of the Northeast and we were sorry to see you go.
You were charged because we had to have extra cleaning performed by our contracted housekeeping company as they intern, charge us for any extra cleaning that was needed. I wrote you a letter to explain all that. This was beyond a regular turnover clean.

Again, We are sorry for all the events you faced over this holiday week, We were a full resort at that time and we still managed to maintain very high scores for an older resort. 84% of all outside exchanges are recommending us to others, as well as Trip Advisor Reviews now at 80%. We have also won 2nd year in a row, the RCI hospitality award for older properties that maintain great scores in Check in/Check out, and other operational areas of this Resort.
So sorry you do not feel that way.

Eagle Village P.O.A.

Travelers are raving about these Tamiment hotels

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

This is my second time staying in a timeshare in the Poconos. This particular complex is a very nice timeshare with a good location up the road from Bushkill falls. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get into Stroudsburg proper depending on the traffic. The unit I had was two bedrooms with a loft and two balconies. Everything was clean and supplies were standard. Bring some laundry detergent with you as this was the only thing missing (not a big deal in my estimate). The unit I was given had a direct view of a lake from the living room and one of the bedrooms. Like most of the timeshares in this area it's starting to show it's age but it's still very serviceable and didn't bother me. There was a lot of deer in this area so you'll want to be cautious on your driving. Walking out the front door around 11PM one night to check if my car was locked I was greeted by a half dozen deer sleeping and grazing maybe 20 feet from the front door. Check in was easy, standard for timeshare you can't check in till after 3 or so (can't remember exactly). Check out was no big deal, dropped off the package and keys. I didn't receive any of the hard sells to purchase like I have at other properties so I thought that was nice. The only negative I had on my experience was the shower in the one bedroom wasn't draining. I didn't bother calling to get it fixed since the unit had two showers and I was only using one. I'm sure they could have taken care of it. Each of the units are separate so no worries about noisy neighbors. I didn't use the recreational facilities as I was mostly using this as base camp to do hiking in the nearby area. Just a note that the cell phone coverage in this area is very spotty, not a reflection on the timeshare. My AT&T phone barely worked and I was able to get a connection with Verizon broadband on my laptop (it would occasionally drop out but did work at times). I would come back without reservations if I was to visit this area again.

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Eagle Village Resort? Share your experiences!