“Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Frogtown Chophouse

The Frogtown Chophouse
472 Upper Swiftwater Road, Swiftwater, PA 18370 (Formerly Chophouse at Woodfield Manor)
+1 570-895-4460
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Connecticut, USA
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

On a recent trip to the Poconos we had the pleasure of dining at the Frogtown Chophouse. We were treated royally by the wait staff as well as the Chef who made it a point to meet, greet and spend a few minutes with our party. The food was wonderfully presented and excellent quality. The price, while a bit lofty, was no higher than the restaurants at Mt. Airy Casino where we were staying and about what you would expect for fine dining. I would recommend this place and will definitely revisit next time we are in the area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Seward, Alaska
“Dissapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I had dined here when it was the Chophouse at Woodfield Manor and loved the food and the ambience. We decided to try it for Valentines Day and while our dinner of short ribs was tasty and presented fairly well, the cost was a bit excessive for the area and the ambiance was severely lacking. The hostess, although competent, was dressed more for a back yard cook out ( unfortunately she is the very first impression of what's to come), than an upscale restaurant and seriously, plastic flowers on the table on Valentines Day! If you want to ruin a perfectly beautiful room put a cheap vase of plastic flowers on the table. What we could hear of the music selection was what you might hear while shopping at the mall.....I expected something much more sophisticated. The dessert was red velvet cake and was so bad we could not eat it...It was reminiscent of easy bake oven cakes.....very disappointing and definitely not calorie worthy. The one saving grace.....our wait staff was fantastic but, unfortunately, not enough to make us look forward to a repeat visit. We won't be back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“PERFECT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I have been searching for an upscale restaurant in or near the Poconos for 5 years (since we purchased our house). Having a child in tow has kept us from a couple of the places we wanted to try but since we saw this advertised at the movie theater we thought we'd take a drive and find out if it was kid-friendly.

It's a bit off the main roads, at least what I consider the main roads. That adds to the atmosphere as there are not hundreds of cars driving by. We walked in at 6pm on a Saturday with no reservation hoping for the best. I was underdressed (at least I felt that way) but we were warmly greeted told that they could absolutely find room for us. We were seated in a "sunroom" of sorts, not the main room. The decor was great, my only complaint was that it was a bit chilly. That's the breaks when you show up un-announced on a Saturday night! Our waiter was at our table within a minute, no exaggeration, asking if we'd like drinks. I commented to my Wife that the waiter (Robert) was great. He appeared at the right time all the time, re-filling drinks and checking on us very consistently without being intrusive. He took the time to take my Son's order from him. No small feat when you are dealing with a 5 year old.

Our meal was great, my Wife's medium-rare filet mignon was perfect. I thought mine was just slightly over-done but I did order a filet mignon cooked medium-well which most likely made the chef cry a little as he cooked it.

During our meal, there was apparently an issue with a car in the parking lot and another waiter came over to ask us if it was our car. He apologized for interrupting our meal and asked if we had a blue four door car in the lot. I said no, we don't. he apologized for bothering us and went to another table. Hey, if I left my lights on and you are telling me about it I'd be thrilled that someone caught my error. Then the Chef came out to say hello and ask if everything was alright. It certainly was.

Dessert was very good, even great coffee.

If you want a quality meal in this area you HAVE to go here!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canadensis, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Birthday Party Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

A group of us (12) celebrated a birthday at The Frogtown Inn at Woodfield Manor. The ambiance, food and service assisted in making this a memorable celebration. We brought our own (homedmade) birthday cake and for a reasonable cutting fee the staff served it as though it was professionally made by their chef. We had "soup to nuts" and spent about $43.00 per person including gratuity.
I have since returned a few times, once having dinner in the dining room and several times for drinks and lighter fare at the bar. I noticed they have tweeked their menu and continue to offer great service and wonderful grilled foods in the tradition of a chophouse experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
mt pocono
“Frog Town Inn at Woodfield Manor,New Restaurant Big Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The new Frog Town Inn at Woodfield Manor finally has opened and it is nothing like The Frog Town Inn. Nothing like the interesting cuisine served in the original location. What makes it even more of a disappointment that at first glance of the menu you think that it is a much more casual venue, the fare certainly is! The prices are outrageous. They have a limited menu, mostly grilled meats, a salmon and a crab cake, prices look at first some what in line with the high end local restaurants until you realize a starch will cost an additional $4.00 as will the vegetable . That additional $8.00cost to the entree price pales when you add the iceberg wedge salad for $9.50. I hope that the nice young couple that is partners in this place read this and realize who their customer base is. They are serving burgers, some Mexican entrees and grilled food all of which is served all around them at less than half the price. Their ambiance is lovely but you can;t eat ambiance. Take a page from Pepe's Bistro, they revamped their menu and added an early bird special. The place is packed, people want quality food at a fair price. I can honestly say that Frog Town Inn at Woodfield Manor was more expensive than the high end restaurants that I have had the pleasure to visit in the last 2 months in major cities like N.Y., Philadelphia, New Orleans and Rome. The menu was pedestrian at best, you do not even get french fries with your burger. I hope they adjust either their menu to make it more exciting and warrant their prices or lower their prices to reflect their run of the mill fare.

• Visited October 2012