“Excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Yonkers, New York
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is the perfect getaway because you can arrive there and park your car and don't have to move it till you leave. All the clubs and bars are within a block from each other and the pool and hot tub will make you relax before going out on the town.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

After Sorenson two weeks on the road for work, I came to the Poconos to visit family. I'm used to run of the mill motels, but for the rate, this quaint hotel beats them all! The hotel is a classic from the 1800's. It's quiet, clean, and beautiful. I'm not much for amenities, but the restaurant and sports bar make refreshments easy. Wi-Fi is fast. Room is spacious and comfortable. Desk clerk was very efficient. Thanks for a very nice night, folks.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

The Pocono Inne Town is right in the middle of Stroudsburg and is an excellent location to visit the local restaurants in the area, and only a block from the Sherman Theatre. Staff is very helpful and accommodating. Also has a joint building with Sarah's Corner Cafe which has some of the best breakfast omelets around. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ice machines on 2nd and 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

Room was decent, clean and what you would expect for 2-star hotel. The location and staff were excellent. Funky/cool old school sunken bath tub in our room. Hot tub heater was broken and the pool area was very chilly.

• Stayed February 2015
Skillman, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2015

We recently stayed at the Pocono Inne to see a show at the Sherman Theater. Great location in the middle of town. Staff was friendly, like other reviews Hotel could use an update. We received a great price for our night stay.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

I recently stated at the Pocono Inne Town Magnuson on February 14, 2015. I had a few complaints about the place but when going to talk to the hotel clerk and then after the management demeaning comment the complaints about the room almost seemed trivial. I had stayed at this place before with a few complaints before, but my boyfriend and I decided to try and give it another shot.
Firstly, when I went to shower on checkout out day February 15, 2015 I noticed that I was standing and showering in four inches of water that was not going down. There were boogers on the light switch on the bathroom, the bathroom door did not lock or latch, there was a bottle opener on the bathroom doorway for whatever reason that would be a good idea where you have children staying in this establishment. So upon going down and first speaking to Holly she rolled her eyes at my complaints. She then proceeded to tell me that there was nothing she could do because I booked through Priceline. She basically wanted nothing to do with me and did not want to deal with me. She also told me that they would be closing in March for renovations so they basically knew that there were issues with the hotel.
I ended up live chatting with Priceline and they ended up giving me a 15% discount. I did want to make the manager aware of the situation. I went back in, the manager walked by me and then later called me to the back room. As I went back to his office his demeanor was very foul as if he didn't want to be bothered with me and I was wasting his time. He then asked me what were my complaints so I began telling him. I started with the shower not draining, he says to me you know why the shower wasn't draining and pulls out a travel size shampoo cap. I explained to him that I did not use the shampoo and conditioner and had taken it with me and could return to my car and get it to show him. He was basically blaiming me for clogging the drain. I explained to him that it was not my job to be checking the dirty drainage area and that his housekeepers should be more aware of the cleaning that they do. I had taken pictures of eveything and was going to go on to show him the pictures of the boogers on the light switch but his demeanor grew even more impatient so I told him that basically I could see that I was wasting his time and he didn't want to hear of my concerns and that I would tell all my other fellow teachers to never stay at this place. He also proceeded to tell me that if I stayed here before and had compliants why would I stay again. I told him because as with all other places, everyone deserves a second chance. As I was leaving he told me I was a lousy teacher which was RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL, HURTFUL and very UNPROFESSIONAL for a manager to say something like this to a customer who just paid his establishment money! He told me that I was the only one who complained, and that I was only looking for a comped room, and trust me I would never stay at this place ever again even if I were paid to! If you do stay at this hotel make sure you make all of your complaints known so he can't come back and say "You were the only one who had any complaints"! I did walk out to the parking lot and talked to a few other customers who were leaving and they too had complaints but they did not bring it to managaments attention. So I was not the only one with compliants!

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Pocono Inne Town? Share your experiences!