“Amazing Hidden Gem! Excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Hidden Gem! Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I live in Bucks County and my friend in Scranton suggested we meet here! So worth the hour drive! We were warmly greeted at the door and sat in a cozy booth. We started with the crab stuffed mushrooms. Tons of crab meat! I had Chilean Seabass. The fish was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right, served with rice, carrots and asparagus. My friend had the duck and loved it. We both finished our meals and shared the fresh raspberry creme brûlée. It was wonderful and the coffee was fresh and robust. The bar area was inviting, the people were friendly. The entire experience was marvelous. I will gladly drive this hour to spend over a hundred dollars on dinner!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

76% Recommend
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely Fantastic Meal - Pocono's Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have to say the restaurant looks like a quaint little place from the outside and inside the decor makes you feel like your in a remote ski village someplace. The food rivals any meal I have had at a 5+ star restaurant. The "specials" menu was just a full as the regular menu and let me tell you the daily fish specials are to die for. We had Mahi Mahi and Chelean Sea Bass and both were out of this world. The family owned restaurant is well worth the drive from the Lehigh Valley or beyond for a great meal. The prices may scare you away but you will be missing a great meal !!!! M&D from Bethlehem PA

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Augusta, Ga
“FANTASTIC! Ask for a table in The Wine Cellar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Arrived without a reservation, but we were offered a table or a booth in the main dining room. Neither looked too cozy. We were also offered a table in the Wine Cellar. I had visions of dark and dingy, but my date had images of a cozy, romantic, semi-private seating area. We opted to see the table in the wine cellar before deciding. It was as she imagined, cozy, romantic, with nice grape vine shaped lighting, and soft romantic music playing in the background.
The appetizer was baked brie in phyllo dough with the rasberry reduction and grilled italian sausage, and it was amazing. We enjoyed a nice bottle of wine. For a main course we opted for the Ribeye steak dinner for two. We ordered it cooked medium, it was perfect. I do not know why they gave us a knife, because we truly did not need it. The steak was sliced, but it was still juicy. The vegetables were done just right; they were hot, but still had a crunch to them.
I am really looking forward to eating there soon.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
PA
“Excellent food, crowded seating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The food and service were way above ordinary, however, the tables were very close together and made for some difficulty in enjoying our group's experience

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Over-priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

In a word-disappointing! We had heard good things about this place so we ventured out to celebrate our first anniversary. I wish we hadn't. For over a hundred dollars, we left regretting our choice. (should have gone to Liquid Or Marco Antonio's in Stroudsburg)Our appetizers were good, not great..we had the baked Brie in phyllo with sausage and raspberry sauce...the combination of favors compliment each other but the sausage was overlooked...for an entree (and$36.00) I ordered Mahi Mahi with lump crab meat in a beurre blanc...(under seasoned and bland)...the highlight of my entree was a beet. My husband ordered the Mahi Mahi Carribean style (with mango salsa). His was better than mine, but was also under-seasoned. The hostess realized that I did not eat much of my meal and offered to bring me something else...I was so upset, I refused. They graciously offered us a free dessert and I ordered a Godiva coffee in lieu of. Definitely will not return. One other note...the place is wall papered and has booths suited for a pancake house--not a fine dining experience.

• Visited September 2012