“Local Gem in Stroudsburg” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 100 Restaurants in Stroudsburg
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Willowtree Inn is located on Ann Street in historic downtown Stroudsburg. The view from our back dining room overlooks The McMichael's Creek, and, of course, a grand willow tree. We also provide catering and banquet services.
RICHMOND HILL
“Local Gem in Stroudsburg”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Beautiful outdoor seating overlooking willow trees and water. The service is always very good. The waitstaff extremely attentive. The menu lends itself to American & European dishes. Lovely prese tation of meals and always delicious. Definitely a local gem tucked away off of Main street in Stroudsburg. Make a point to go if in the area you will not be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“What a find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We discovered this lovely place while exploring the Delaware Water Gap area.
The street side is unassuming but the waterside is lovely. There are two tiers
Of seating inside to allow the upper tier to see out over the water too.
We we pleased by the setting and surprised by the adventurous and talented
Kitchen and chef. The deck is lovely but our first visit was in January and the
Second during a heat wave. Would love to go back for the excellent food when we
Can enjoy the ale outside seating. Note, do not be discouraged by the ramp
Recently built nearby. It is camouflaged and not noisy. Our 15 year old grandson
Noted that it would be a great place to take a date!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Twenty Years of Great Meals at the Willowtree Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The first time my wife and I got away after the birth of our daughter, 20 years ago, we stumbled upon the Willowtree Inn. It has become one of our favorite restaurants on the planet. We eat here one or more times a year, every year, sometimes as many as 4 or 5 times in a year. Have never had a bad meal or less than great service. The food is imaginative, wonderfully prepared and presented in a nice setting. When the weather permits, try the outdoor decks. There are usually some specials in addition to the regular menu. Lunch is a tremendous value here. But only go if you have the time to savor your meal and enjoy the moment. The seating is casual but upscale, with linen service. The crab del ray is my favorite but once again, have never had anything but a marvelous eating experience here. The Willowtree is a block off the main drag in town. There is on street parking, or better yet, use their private lot just down the street. There is a full service bar. They are bound to have what you want. Check out the drink specials, too. I can't say enough about this place. As we live 2 hours away, we normally visit when staying at our Pocono house and even though it's still a 45 minute drive, it is worth it. When you come into Stroudsburg, pass up the restaurants on the main drag, and seek the Willowtree. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Caution! One free lunch "per table". Very misleading.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

A very elegant cozy atmosphere but if you think all couples at your table get a free lunch when you each buy one your mistaken. Even with separate checks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bernville, Pennsylvania
“Worst Food Ever and Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went here for our Daughter's graduation dinner and it was unfortunately the worst experience we have ever had at a restaurant. When we arrived and sat down we realized that all eight of our water glasses had greasy finger prints on the outside of them and we had to ask the waiter to replace them. Then when they did replace them two of our filled water glasses then had something floating in it. We hesitantly ordered our food and had to wait a close to an hour until it finally came out. That is ok if the food would have been good which it was not! One of the guests at our table waited so long for a second glass of wine that she started to drink her husbands glass instead because of the long wait. When the food finally came my husband's filet mignon which was priced close to 30.00 was not even a filet. It tasted like diner food. Actually I have had better food at some diner's. It was like cafeteria food but worse. It was flat and tasteless and looked like a cheap cut of sirloin bought at a supermarket. If that was not bad enough there was a molded lump of something on top of it that was molded like a cat food can with gel on top and we were told this was ground up mushrooms. It looked like mighty dog. My husband couldn't eat after this horrible experience but for the price he still tried to. He later had stomach issues that evening as did I. Everyone at the table was entertained by trying to figure out what that lump of yuck was on top of his steak. My daughter had the chicken which she said tasted awful and looked like it came out of a tv dinner entrée. My other daughter had the chicken alfredo which she said had no taste and she then dumped a lot of salt on it to try and attempt to down it. My husband tried it and agreed it was terrible. I was really hungry and couldnt bring myself to finish mine either mostly because it was tasteless and such low quality. My vegetables were mushy and the chicken was tough. It's pretty difficult to mess up a chicken dish. The other guests agreed that the overpricing did not match the quality of food and the presentation was the worst I have ever seen. I rarely give bad reviews because I can always find positive in situations but this was the worst ever. Please do not go to this restaurant. You will be very disappointed and may even feel sick later like we did. When we respectfully complained to the manager she took off a round of drinks which was little consolation. It didn't help the fact that the price of the horrible meal impacted us and ruined our daughter's experience for the day. She kept offering to bring us different food. All eight of our entrees were tasteless and bad so what would bringing us more food accomplish? Also when we complained the manager tried to justify by giving us the accreditations of the chef like that was going to make the fact that the food was lousy any better for us. Note to the manager that if you have displeased customers (a table of 8) that trying to justify the chef's accreditations after we are all telling you that the food was bad is not a valuable solution to your customers. We will never come back here. My husband and I travel a lot and have been to many restaurants and I can honestly say this was the worst one I have ever been to. Needless to say we will never be back nor will the guests that were with us. I felt compelled to take time out of my day to write this review so that others do not have this same horrible experience.

• Visited May 2013