“Server saved an average meal” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Swiftwater
“Server saved an average meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

A friend & I went out recently. The meal itself was a little bland, maybe the cook had an off night, but we had a great waitress that night. K made the evening a fun experience for us anyway. She even knew things on the menu that I didn't see. I was a bit indecisive about what I was hungry for. I wish I would've gone with one of her recommendations. K, thank you for saving my rare night out. - Sophia Jean :)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Commack, New York
“A Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is an Italian restaurant, that primarily serves Family style, but has a shorter menu for single servings also. As it was only myself & my wife, we went for the single serve option. The food was served hot, & the portions were on the large size. I had the chicken marsala over pasta, & my wife had pasta with broccoli & garlic & oil, that they prepared to my wife's dietary needs, with no problems. The only slightly negative thing about the dining experience, was that everything was ala carte, no salad included. Aside from that, the staff was friendly & courteous.

Visited September 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The first time we came here we had a great waiter who was very helpful. The food was very well prepared and served family style so there was plenty. I thought the veal was over breaded and a bit of Brussels. We came back two nights later and the service was not good. Our waitress, K or Karen took 15 minutes to bring our wine. I would understand if the restaurant was busy but there were only 6 tables on a Sunday evening and she only had two tables to care for. The food was again very well prepared and very good. If I were to return to this area I would certainly return to Danny's.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
stroudsburg, pa
“Too much garlic!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Danny is very nice but his eggplant rolantini was unedible. He did take the eggplant off our bill and told us that sometimes the eggplant is sliced too thick and not cooked enough and can be tough. He told us to cover with foil and bake tomorrow. We did this but again, it was too tough to eat and we threw it out. The special, lobster ravioli, had a gravy-like sauce and the inside was "fishy". My father in law's veal was ok, nothing special. Service was slow (it was a Saturday) but friendly. The caesar salad had little flavor (not like Pepe's). The red sauce has way too much garlic for our family and we are Italian. We won't be going back or recommending this restaurant. Disappointed in the Poconos

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Danny's new digs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a delicious, authentic, Italian meal?? This is the place to go!! The new location is better fitting the wonderful cuisine. The servers are excellent, always remember their customers and make them comfortable. Danny's now has a full bar, so your wine & alcoholic beverages are readily available. Danny keeps his meals current & interesting. He comes out of the kitchen to chat with his patrons & make certain they are happily satisfied.
If you're hungry, give Danny's Cucina a try. Ask for the pesto Caesar salad, it is to die for!!

Visited August 2013