“Consistently Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
“Consistently Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Once again, nothing but positive comments about Fume! The food and service are consistently delicious. We LOVE the Thai spicy wontons (appetizer), the fried rice with pineapple and cashews and shrimp, Singapore and house special thin noodles, smoked tuna, sushi, etc. I'm sure some people turn away expecting the all-you-can-eat buffet that used to be there- their loss! The menu is extensive, the portions very generous; for what we used to pay at the former restaurant, we get freshly cooked food AND leftovers for the next day! This time around, I went with a friend; it was her first time and she also loved the place. We only had an hour for dinner so I ordered ahead on-line and the appetizer was ready moments after arrival. I love the order and pay on-line option; when I'm too lazy to cook or want to surprise my family, I order from work and it's hot and ready to go when I arrive. I hope Fume has a long history in the Poconos!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Most Enjoyable Dinner!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I made a great decision on Saturday night to have dinner at Fume. The food was beautifully prepared and arranged. My husband's appetizer, "Tuna Tataki" was almost too beautiful to eat! We even took a picture of it, and my husband said it was the best tuna he had ever had.
He then had the Squid (Calamari) Salad that he said was just the most wonderful thing he has ever eaten. For his entre, he had flank steak and scallops that was cooked and seasoned perfectly.
I had a California roll, the Japanese salad, Thai spring rolls and Jumbo Shrimp with Vegetables. The shrimp were indeed jumbo and I enjoyed it very much. It was a large serving, and I brought half of it home.
This was the best dinner ever, even compared to New York City. We look forward to going back. The servers are friendly and smiling, and the atmosphere is relaxing.
The menu also includes the Chinese dishes that many people look for in a Chinese restaurant. They have 2 separate private rooms that seat 8 each. Charming.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have tried a lot of sushi restaurants, and some when you look at the menu and style of fish, you wouldn’t even want to come close to them. BUT this restaurant is one of the best sushi restaurants in the Poconos. The food is indeed yummy and the atmosphere is perfect for this place. My family and I sat at the sushi bar and the chef was polite and friendly. I will for sure be visiting this place again and this place will probably be the only sushi restaurant i go to in the Poconos for now.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great variety!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I love their menu and hate it at the same time-- so many choices! This is my 15 year -old's new go-to place for Chinese. The spicy Thai wonton appetizer is delicious- so good that I asked to take the remaining sauce home! Accidentally left the leftovers in the truck overnight: daughter and I both heartbroken the next day. The owner (at least I think she's the owner) is very friendly and had treated us to free appetizers to try several times. Favorites so far (besides the Thai wontons) include their Thai special fried rice, house special thin noodles, the smoked salmon, and the Asian grilled chicken.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Love the variety!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This restaurant serves a variety of Chinese, Japanese and Thai cuisine. The food not only tasted great, but was presented well too. Prices are very reasonable, I have been back several times. I love the salmon skin, the Thai fried rice, the sushi... Actuall I haven't had anything I didnt like.
Give I a try.