“A Nice Place to Un-wind” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Stroudsmoor Country Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stroudsburg
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
You added Stroudsmoor Country Inn to your Saves list
RD #4 Stroudsmoor Road, P.O. Box 153, Stroudsburg, PA 18360   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tampa
“A Nice Place to Un-wind”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Seeking a cool spot in the Poconos we chose an unknown to us place but a popular place for visitors from New York and nearby areas. Accommodations vary from a simple cabin to residences.

Very few people were there when we visited but we noted the three venues for weddings and ample accommodations for parties and guests. The family owned and run establishment is clean and offers superb views from most every venue. Heavily treed with a babbling stream, our view from the cabin porch was restful and serene.

We could have stayed longer had we the time. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was our fifth visit. First time we stayed in the Main House. Really nice Junior suite. had everything we needed. Slightly warm and no in room temperature control but the windows opened just fine. Comfortable bed and sitting area. Breakfast is always a treat. The seafood buffet dinner was superb. Looking forward to the next time.

Room Tip: Depends on the number of people you are traveling with. They have different accommodations for all...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Barnegat, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were in the area to attend a Super Bowl Party at friends. Arrived Saturday and had a wonderful dinner at the Buffet with attentive and professional service. We had the brunch on Sunday morning, again with excellent service. My husband enjoyed the work-out facilities at the spa in the afternoon. We were in Suite 64 tastefully decorated and comfortable. After the game Sunday night into Monday, there was a heavy snowfall and so we decided to stay on an additional night. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. They even removed the snow from our car and delivered a hot pizza to our door, down the icy hill, in spite of the fact that the restaurant is not open on Monday and Tuesday at this time of year. We found the staff to be most gracious and obliging and we would recommend this beautiful location at any time.

Room Tip: If you are not able/willing to carry your luggage up the stairs in the Inn itself, choose one of the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Outstanding service, beautiful, beautiful property, the food was amazing and the staff was great as well. All very friendly and professional. The bartender was great as well she made really great drinks worth the price you pay, just they were a little short staffed at the bar only one bartender.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Holmes, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in room 43 with my husband, brother-in law and sister-in law. About midnight I woke up, because of noise. The "people" next door were screaming, and tried to break their door down with a hammer. A man was constantly yelling and swearing. I did not feel safe. My husband called the reception desk. They informed us that we will hear noise for a while and that a person next door got drunk, passed out, and locked the rest of his party out of the room. The manager was looking for extra keys, which they ultimately could not find and ended up bringing in a locksmith. The entire ordeal took a good 2 hours. I did not sleep very well and paid good money for that expensive room. In the morning, we complained to the manager about the horrible experience. Per the manager (Carol), it was worth 50 dollars off our bill. We missed the complimentary breakfast and our entire morning of planned activities. The manager then offered brunch and extended use of the pool. After brunch, we checked out. I looked at my bill, and saw a significant difference in the price we were quoted vs. what was totaled. We were billed $30 more per day than we were quoted. When I pointed that out to that same manager, she informed us that we have to pay that price, because it is the correct rate for that room and that WE need to remember that for the next time that we decide to book that room. I told her that we come here once a year and have never before had such a bad experience, as far as being misquoted for the room and subsequently expected to pay a higher rate, and dealing with all the noise and chaos, during what should have been a peaceful and relaxing slumber. I also told her that we would not remember the correct price, and should not be expected to. When we call to make a reservation, we rely on proper information as part of the service. The manager persisted and told us that we have to pay that price, regardless. My husband requested to speak with the person who he made the reservation with on the phone. We were told that he was not working that day. The manager told us that the man who placed the reservation priced it at the proper rate in the computer. Only after some time, did she locate the quoted reservation statement, proving that we were correct. She apologized, corrected the bill, and reiterated that we should remember the correct room rate for the future. When I go on vacation I expect good service, fair treatment, proper information, and friendly hotel staff. I also fully expect that any rate I am quoted be honored, without question or difficulty. If the rate was misquoted in my favor at the time of booking, for whatever reason, the hotel should make good on it without giving me a hard time, or otherwise imply that I am being dishonest. A good hotel should ALWAYS go the extra mile to accommodate their guests as well as make up for any unpleasant experiences with sincere and extraordinary offerings. In this case, for example, I would expect a big and sincere apology, along with, perhaps, a free night stay, along with other kind and generous offerings and gestures.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We spent 5 days and 4 nights at the Inn during which we hosted a celebration dinner for 45+ people. The staff was amazing, catering to our every need with concern and professionalism. We stayed and hosted our dinner in Aurdell and it was perfect. I highly recommend it for smaller gatherings.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 48 and my parents and son in 55. I called 2 months before my nieces wedding to book the rooms. I asked for the best rooms. My parents room and ours just old smelly uncomfortable mattress- smelly carpet!!!!!! I don't understand!! I asked them a few times why they would even consider putting anyone in such an old smelly disgusting room. Spoke to 3 different people- they just stared at me and apologized. At first I was told no other rooms were available. Then when we went very late last night to speak to the front desk- they said one came available. It was so late and we were so tired due to that horrible old mattress didn't sleep well the night before.They didn't attempt to reach us at all earlier to let us know. Just awful experience. Will never come here again!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Stroudsmoor Country Inn? Share your experiences!