“Buffet Only” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stroudsmoor Country Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stroudsburg
Stroudsmoor Country Inn
You added Stroudsmoor Country Inn to your Saves list
RD #4 Stroudsmoor Road, P.O. Box 153, Stroudsburg, PA 18360   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Buffet Only”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have been to the Stroudsmoor inn a few times for overnight stays (always stay at the LEdgemoor rooms if you can) However this time we just went to the Grand Buffet. Everything was excellant. There was cream of mushroom soup that was fantastic. A variety of breads and rolls (multi-grain, corn muffins, regular rolls, cinnamon bread). Salads of every kind (brocolli, regular, fruit, etc). The fish side had Seafood salad, jumbo shrimp, salmon, some other kind of fish). Entrees were a premivera pasta, meatballs and sausage.chicken saltimboca, breaded pork chops, green beans, rice pilaf, tilapia, the carving station had wings, ham, filet mignon, and roasted potatoes. Everything was delicious. Desserts (which I'm not sure where included in the price since I didn't see the bill) were rice pudding, bread pudding, blueberry pie and a few others I can't remember. dinner for 4 with 4 drinks and 4 desserts with coffee was $181.00 not including tip

Room Tip: If staying there and you can afford it. Stay in the ledgemoor suites. They overlook the valley, ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Cedarville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Went up a day early for a wedding on Saturday. Arrived in the afternoon and was able to get right into our suite. My husband and I loved the fact that we were situated directly across from the main inn and just steps from where the wedding would be the next day. The room itself was an old cabin redone. It was small but well kept and comfy with a queen size bed. We decided to sit at the bar for a while waiting to be seated for dinner and loved the atmosphere and conversations with the bartender. I did not realize dinner was a seafood buffet when we were seated. I usually avoid buffets but I found this one enjoyable with lots of well prepared fresh food. I really enjoyed the snow crab legs.Went back to the bar after dinner and stayed a while. The next morning there was fresh coffee and scones available. I took some back to our room until we were ready for breakfast but we were too late to be seated but the staff provided us with scrambled eggs,sausage,potatoes, fruit,coffee,and juice all to go. After we ate we decided to walk around the property.Anyone who stays should make the trip up and see the view at ridgecrest. It's beautiful and a little dizzying. The wedding was held in the woodsgate venue and it was really nice except if your trying to navigate hills in high heels. The service at the wedding was exceptional and even our after party in the bar downstairs was well attended. Sunday morning brought a nice continental breakfast with fresh fruit, yogurt,scones,sweet bread,bagels and cereals. After a quick checkout we were heading back home. I would go back again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Stroudsburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to many Stroudsmoor events and Sunday buffets and am never disappointed. Most recently, I had the pleasure of attending a party in Lawnhaven and the food, from appetizers to desert was heavenly. The detail and pride that is put into each dish is amazing. The servers are professional, warm and courteous. If you are looking to host a gathering or reception, try here first! They even have rental cabins on site that are comfortable, quiet and affordable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Paterson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were here for my cousin's wedding a few weeks ago and could not have been more impressed with the wedding. From what I could tell from walking the property, they have about 4 large buildings where you can have your wedding...one more beautiful than the next! Everything about the wedding was superb, the food, the flowers, the building, the decor, the staff...just lovely! Our family is still talking about how well every detail was attended to. We could have come up just for the wedding day since we live relatively close, but my husband and I decided to make a long weekend out of it and came up on Friday instead. We arrived around 1pm and tried to check into the hotel a little early. It would have been easier to check into the White House. This absolutely repugnant woman, who introduced herself as "the front desk manager" (I would like to point out also that she never introduced herself by her name and were it not for her name tag, we would not have known it) about seventy-five times informed us that check-in is not until 3 and there was no way to guarantee the room was ready. We were told to come back at 3 because "that's policy". I understand policies, they are in place for a reason. But she could have been a little less abrasive when telling us no...you are in the hospitality industry, learn to be hospitable. We came back at 4, just to be safe, and checked into our room with the same troll that "helped" us the first time. It is beyond me how the owners allow someone like this to represent their company...besides being rude and making us feel like we were being interrogated, her appearance is less than appealing and she really shouldn't be the first person that greets your guests. Later that night, we came back and ate dinner in the restaurant...so delicious! Every kind of seafood you could possibly want and all at your fingertips! The staff in the dining room was fantastic as well. There was a lovely woman with an accent (I think her name was Theresa) that greeted us and welcomed us into the dining room - she immediately engaged us in conversation and made us feel like we were right at home. Kelly waited on us and couldn't have done a better job attending to our needs in such a timely and gracious manner - she recommended some of the featured drinks that weekend, as well as the sangria which is their house specialty...no wonder, it was one of the best I've ever had.

I want so bad to give this place 5 stars, but the way we were spoken to by "the front desk manager" was just ridiculous and it's a shame she puts a tarnish on an otherwise spotless gem in the Poconos.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is legit. I'm a techie and I like my fair share of amenities, but this is the Poconos. Go outside.
As an all-inclusive place to do weddings/formal events there are many many reasons why different websites keep on giving this place awards. Staff, food, facilities were all outstanding. The fact that everything and everyone needed for an event like a wedding is already in house or on a short list makes planning very easy. If you just let these people do their job, they will let you enjoy your event and take care of every last detail for you.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. If you pay for the pricey rooms, you will get a huge room. If you go for...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We just got back from a weekend at this hotel and I decided to write about my experience...
First check in was very easy, but trying to find where to check in was difficult. There are no signs pointing you in what direction you should go for check in.
We were three families and each family had booked different rooms. We were disappointed in our room, it was very tiny. It had one queen bed, a single chair not even a sofa and a dresser. Also a stand with the TV set on it, very very average room and oh a tiny bathroom. It was scary to walk around at night because it's a wooded area and our room had no light for the porch. But the other family booked a suite which was nice, it was like an apartment.
We were told a "continental breakfast" was part of our stay which was nice. Well come to find out the next morning the "continental breakfast" was only bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, and oatmeal. Really not the breakfast I looked forward to.
Overall I would probably come back again, wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't mind it.

• Stayed February 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

The Stroudsmoor was a lovely venue for my son and daughter-in-law's wedding. Both the rehearsal dinner and reception were at the Country Inn. Each site was lovely and appropriate for the planned event. Our guests had a wonderful experience even with the unexpected five inches of snow that fell on the wedding day.

The exceptional staff is what made our weekend! In particular, the staff who waited on us at the meals throughout the weekend were friendly, attentive and efficient. Special thanks to Ryan and Gail. In addition the makeup artists and hairstylists were lovely young women who worked without complaint as the snow fell and they faced dangerous road conditions when they left work that day. The woman who took care of our room was helpful, upbeat and friendly. The management of the Stroudsmoor should appreciate such an excellent staff.

We found that the rooms varied widely. The Highland Cottages could use a facelift while the Ledgemoor Rooms were beautiful. I heard from friends that the main inn rooms also varied in size and comfort. I would also caution that if planning to reserve many rooms in a block the bride/groom need to have a very clear understanding of what will be available. Our group had a few glitches with this and one friend was told rudely that there was no room.

In all, our experience was very good. For our families The Stroudmoor Country Inn was the correct choice.

Stayed December 2012

Been to Stroudsmoor Country Inn? Share your experiences!