“Excellent Hotel, great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Stroudsburg
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Hotel, great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here recently to attend a wedding. It is right off the highway and very easy to find. It must be new bc the place was very modern and up to date. We enjoyed the pool which was a bit cloudy but we were told that's because it is a Salt water pool. This is the first time I have heard of a salt water pool at a hotel. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to give us a good review. We hope you will come back to the Poconos for a visit sometime, we are always here to welcome our guest. Thanks again

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was looking for a hotel that was clean, recently built (or refurbished) and was pleased with this property. The staff was friendly , prompt, and accommodating. The room was large, tastefully furnished and supplied with amenities, like a coffee maker and refrigerator. Towels were decent quality and toiletries were available (A soap dish would have been nice). TV was large screen with a full listing of channels. The surrounding neighborhood was unappetizing but that did not have any impact .Breakfast had a large selection but eggs seemed to be powdered. I spent two nights there and felt that I had chosen well.

Room Tip: first floor seemed noisy and busy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gale S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
We strive to be a Great Hotel Guest Love and we are always happy when we succeed. We hope to see you again soon/
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at this HI Express and was very pleased with the accommodations. Everything was very modern, spacious and clean My husband and I stayed in a King Suite. Other family members traveling with us stayed in double queen rooms. All the rooms were very nice.
Initially, trying to confirm the reservations to obtain my organization's rate was a bit confusing and stressful. A few days before the trip, I was able to speak to Katie who assured me we would have no problems with check-in. She was correct, no problems at all. Thank you Katie! Everything went up from there. The front desk staff (Katie, Stacey, Luisa and another young lady whose name I didn't get) was absolutely wonderful. This crew always greeted us in the morning and evenings. Let me say that I am not one that needs "special attention", but I do recognize excellent customer service when I see it. They were a good source of information regarding restaurants and attractions. I especially want to thank Stacey, Mike and one of the maintenance men for assisting my family in taking a family picture while at the hotel. They went out of their way to assist us in taking this picture including rearranging furniture. Although I am sure the request was odd to say the least, they never presented as if it was a problem. WOW!!! - That's what I call going above and beyond.
Housekeeping was good (certain days), other days they appeared to forget to restock the coffee, clean wet bar area or leave a bath mat. We tipped and left notes accordingly.
The breakfast area provided assorted fruit, coffee and tea -24 hours which is a nice treat. Niesha (?), the breakfast attendant always had a smile and "can I help you attitude".
The hotel is centrally located to most attractions and restaurants in the area. Someone mentioned in an earlier review that the hotel location is not in a good area. Prior to arriving to the hotel, this caused me some concern. The hotel is right off Route 80. It is on a street/road which you can tell is a older community, but I did not feel the least bit unsafe. Actually, the people in the area are very nice and I saw/nor felt any reason for concern.
If you are looking for a nice, clean, modern place to stay, don't hesitate. You won't be sorry. The staff here are genuinely, nice people who care about providing excellent customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your review I made sure all the staff read it and they really appreciated it. We hope you make our hotel your yearly visit with your family. Thank you again
Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located off of Route 80 -- great central location to get to a lot of destinations. Our room had two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed. Spacious room, so we did not feel as if we were on top of each other. The small refrigerator and kitchen area with a sink was a nice feature. We were able to keep drinks and snacks in the room, and they were not in the way. The room and bathroom were very clean. The cleaning staff do an excellent job. We picked this hotel because it also had an indoor pool -- an essential for the kids just in case it rains so it gives them something to do. I was impressed, because it was the first time I saw a lift at the pool to accommodate people with disabilities which enables them to get in and out of the pool. The hot tub was nice, although I feel they keep it at an unbearable temperature. It took me almost 10 minutes to get into the tub, and I could only stay in for 5 minutes before I started to get too hot. My feeling is that the only downside to the hotel, is they advertise a free "hot" breakfast with your stay. They call it a grab and go breakfast, and to me that means you grab breakfast and it makes you want to go somewhere else to eat. We only ate there one day out of our four day stay. The food was almost as if you were eating out of a vending machine. They had a pancake machine, and my son said the pancakes felt like eating rubber. They did have cereal and bagels, however the utensils and plates were so cheap, I could hardly spread the cream cheese on my bagel. The plasticware was also bending as my son was attempting to cut through his pancakes. The "breakfast" is only available until 9:30AM, so if you are on vacation and want to sleep in, you are going to miss out. As I stated, the breakfast was the only disappointment at this hotel -- but that is such a small part of the stay.. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It was clean, very relaxed atmosphere and a great location to everything in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Id like to apologize for the negitive breakfast experience, we appreciate all the feedback we get it helps us to improve and become better Please visit with us again on your next trip to the area..
brooklyn, new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is also conveniently located right off 80. There are very nice shops and restaurants to have lunch or dinner right on Main Street. The crossings are literally five minutes away.

We stayed in a very nice king suite, very roomy, and extremely clean. My hats off to the top notch staff at the front desk and of course to the General Manager Gale S. who went the extra mile to make sure we were happy and had a comfortable pleasant stay. THANK YOU!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words and I appreciate your feedback. Please come visit us again when in Stroudsburg.
south jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This Holiday Inn is structurally similar to all the other HI express that we have stayed in, it has nice size rooms, and a clean bathroom. It was a good one because they went the extra mile. They had fresh apples and oranges out all day in the kitchen area. They had a nice selection of free all day long coffee and tea in he kitchen in addition to the usual in room stuff. They had the usual fridge and microwave and both were spotless. They had plenty of brochures and the helpful staff kept a list of local restaurants and attractions. They gave good directions. The pool was nice but we did not use it. They had a weight machine in the exercise area with 3 pieces of equipment (made in the USA). The breakfast was good. They had a fresh pancake machine, Trix and regular yogurt, 4 cereals, hard boiled eggs, cinnamon buns, bacon, omlet things, sausage, toast bagels, peanut butter jelly and sugar free syrup. The recognized priority club members on a chalkboard and gave out free microwave popcorn and cookies to them. It was located near gas stations and easy access to the highway. The busy hotel was quiet and I could not hear the wedding party at all. The location was not pretty and their was no view. It was comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd on the side facing the highway, no issues at all.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and we truly appreciate your kind words.Please come visit us again when in the area.
Aston, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Stroudsburg, PA to attend a wedding at The Lodge at Mountain Springs Lake. We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. The rooms were fresh and clean and the staff friendly.

There was a full breakfast bar daily with pancakes, eggs and one breakfast meat. The juice bar was somewhat disappointing because the juice was watered down and flavorless, but overall acceptable. What wasn't acceptable was the price at $218 per night + tax.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. I am sorry that the juice seemed to be watered down, I will definitely look into this so that we can correct this issue for our future Guests and hopefully for your return trip to Stroudsburg should you ever be back in town. Thank you for the review!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!