“Great service and quality of accommodations.” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waukesha, WI
“Great service and quality of accommodations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I made a reservation with Holiday Inn central reservations from the road and was told I would get my confirmation by email so I did not write it down. I got to the hotel after driving 10 hours in a uHaul truck and tried to check in. I was told I did not have a reservation in the system. Also, after checking my phone, I realized I did not receive my email confirmation. The person at the desk, Katie, was terrific in trying to help me resolve the problem. She looked at my wife and I who were dead tired, had empathy and offered us a room upgrade from what we had reserved at the same price. I can't thank her enough. We had a great stay. The hotel is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much, I will definitely make sure Katie sees this, posts like this one always make us feel good So glad everything worked out and Katie was able to help. Come see us again soon!!! Thank you for taking the time to write a review!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Manorville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Only stayed 1 night, just a place to rest my head before going to Pocono Raceway for Nascar Driving Experience. Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating with recommending nearby places to dine. Rooms were very clean and looked like they were just renovated, as did the entire hotel. My wife even pointed out that the stairwells and the carpeting in them was clean. Not a norm in most hotels. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Hot breakfast included pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. Breakfast area was clean and well stocked. My only fault that I found was that the staff member who was handling the breakfast buffet had a tip cup out by the coffee servers. I personally did not think that was appropriate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the review! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations. We are actually celebrating our one year anniversary of being open at the end of this month!! Thank you so so much and we hope you stay with us again on your next visit to the Poconos!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I were attending a wedding in the area and were given the HIE as an option from the Bride and Groom. After some extensive research on Trip Advisor with all of the suggested hotels/Inns, I decided on the HIE. All of the reviews are correct! The King room was huge with a sitting area (couch and coffee table), a desk area and a lounge chair next to the bed. The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed was super comfortable. Although we didn't have the need to take advantage, the sink, microwave and refrigerator were an excellent addition to the usual hotel amenities. And for the price, this place can't be beat! The staff were very friendly as well. What the reviewers say about the breakfast is a bit true.....they do run out of items, but if you're patient, they do come out and restock. And it's free! And it's pretty yummy! All in all, this was a great hotel stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, and we do hope to see you again!!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

have not stayed at Holiday Inn Express before and I was very pleased, hotel was very clean, looked brand new! room decorated nicely and bed very comfortable. I would definately make a point to stay at other Holiday Inn Expres hotels. Price was reasonable also

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I am glad you had a pleasant and comfortable stay! Come see us again soon!!!
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

All around excellent service........... Bed a little to high,but than I am only 4-11. Excellent customer services, There were about 20 of us that stayed for a 40th birthday party,and everyone thought the hotel was excellent. Thank you to the staff at the hotel.........well done.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your great review.I will pass it on to my staff how much you enjoyed your stay..We strive to please our guest here at the Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My family and I often stay ay HIE and have always been very happy. This one however was even better. It was definitely the most inviting and comfortable feeling and had the best kept pool area of any I have seen(except for a small patch of ceiling that need repair). We will definitely stay here again. The only reason I did not rate excellent was because of the breakfast on our second morning. Luckily we were not in a rush and had time to wait but we had to wait about a half hour for the food to be ready at 8:30. Granted there was a small rush of people all at the same time but there were no eggs, pancakes, ham or english muffins available for a while. The was only one employee working the area and she had to stop "serving" in order to take a delivery which took a good deal of time. I can't blame her but rather just understaffing or poor planning for deliveries. That being said the food, once it was ready, was the usual good HIE quality and we were quite satisfied. Otherwise room was great and very comfortable for a family of 4 and convenient location to I80 is perfect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for you kind review and I am sorry you had to wait on your breakfast, we ususlly never get deliveries early in the morning.Thank you again for understanding,come visit us again.
Stratford Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were so pleased to have stayed at this great hotel in such a nice little town. We came into town in the evening with a malfunctioning turn signal and were very happy to find a mechanic still open a block away from the hotel who fixed it for three dollars. The hotel suite was gorgeous, the pool was clean and warm, the breakfast was top of the line by HIE standards, the desk people bent over backwards to be nice, and we will definitely stay there again in the future!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review this is what we love to hear! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and everything worked out with your car! See you next time you are in the area!!!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!