“Great choice for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Stroudsburg
NY, NY
“Great choice for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We loved this hotel! I was pleasantly surprised as we have never stayed at a Holiday Inn before. I never would have considered it in the past and going forward, each time we will go to the Poconos, we will definitely stay here. The place is brand new. The pool was sufficient and my kids enjoyed swimming in it. Not too large but good enough for them and it was clean! The room was amazing!! We had a double queen bed suite with a sleeper sofa. Very comfortable beds and very comfortable room. The bathroom was very clean and the kitchenette area served its purpose. We usually stay at another hotel in the same vicinity but like I stated earlier, we will definitely begin to stay here in the future. We got a AAA discount and it was worth it. Our only complaint was the free breakfast. That was disappointing. The bagels were previously frozen (you can tell), the mini-muffins were also frozen. My husband took one bite and had to spit it out. They took out cinnamon rolls, which looked absolutely delicious, but looks can be deceiving. They were cold and not even warm. The gentleman who took them out told people to give it time to warm up or you should bring it to your room to use the microwave. Shouldn't they already have been served warm?? But other than the breakfast, the hotel was great. I'm sure they can work on correcting the breakfast part.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
JoJo -
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay but I am very sorry you were disappointed with the breakfast. We appreciate any and all feedback so that we can create a better Guest experience for everyone who visits our hotel. I hope the next time you stay with us you will find the breakfast more satisfactory because we have certainly looked into your suggestions and comments! Hope to see you again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Long Island, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We (my wife and I) spent one night going snowtubing at Camelback. We stayed at this hotel for its proximity to Camelback. It is a very new and modern hotel, but looks can be deceiving. The staff was an extreme disappointment. Not professioanl at all, from not having a stocked beverage bar to flat out being lied about the pool being open an extra hour (changed into our bathing suits and were told that we couldn't go in because the pool had "acid" and the hot tub had no hot water). As a "Priority Club" member you are to be given a welcome package (cookies, chips, water), we were not high enough status we were told. I have never been told that. We had a King suite, because it was only $8 more than a regular room. The room was sufficient, however upon review, it had some glaring blemishes. The walls were PAPER THIN, I could hear conversations from next door until well after 2 AM. The walls also had odd looking streaks where paint should be. There was a hole in the wall of the bathroom from the door getting stuck there. Also, the tub was dirty, we were happy we showered before the trip. The room needed an extra curtain on the window because our room looked into a body shop. The breakfast was ample, and it was stocked well.
When we checked out, we told our concerns to the clerk/head of maintainance. They both gave us blank stares and didn't seem to care. There aren't a lot of nice quality hotels in the area, so if you can't find an alternative, settle here. Some attention to minor details would have made all the difference.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Dear jetset1106,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forwarding to hearing back from you.

Katie J
IHGCare
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I took my two kids, 4 and 6, on a short trip to PA to ski at Camelback and a trip the next day to Scoops Spa at Great Wolf Lodge. Given the cost (and inability to stay one night) at Great Wolf, I decided money would be better spent elsewhere. This hotel was just right for a quick getaway of this type. The hotel desk was very accommodating to switch my reservation type, and they were immediately forthcoming about a problem with the hot tub temperature. The pool was small, but it made no difference to the kids - mine and others, who had a blast swimming around. Although the front desk indicated an issue with the temperature, the water was warm and inviting. The hotel overall was very clean, including the common areas. I was pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness and upscale of the room itself. It boasted a small kitchen area, granite counters and a big screen tv - Wi-Fi was included. The breakfast in the morning was served from 5-9 am. Although we arrived on the late end of breakfast, it was stocked with items such as cereals, fresh pancakes, eggs, sausage and coffee. The gentlemen attending to the area was super helpful, going out of his way to check ingredient labels for me (as my daughter has a peanut allergy). Overall, it was a nice trip for me and my girls.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Kelly thank you for posting a great response about our hotel.We are always here to please our guest and do everything we can to accommodate them in anyway we can..Thank you again
New Egypt, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Stayed in a king suite at the Holiday Inn Express for a quick trip to Camelback. The king suite was perfect for just the two of us, the bed was huge and the room was quite spacious and comfortable. Everything was brand new. The room had the usual amenities, good wireless connection, free HBO, etc. The one issue I had was that the jacuzzi section of the indoor pool was not operating; thus the pool was not heated. There was no explanation posted or estimated time that it would be fixed. All in all, it was a very nice hotel for the price and I would definitely return.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Every year we book 2 hotel rooms, locally, for my daughter's birthday. She invites 3-4 friends, they get to enjoy the pool and have a sleep-over, breakfast in the morning, and the pool again if they like. In the past we always booked a Hampton Inn. They're usually nice and have a free full breakfast. This year, we decided to look at the new Holiday Inn Express in Stroudsburg. It was newly open (within the past month).
My daughter loved the lobby, and the rooms were larger than average, and being so new.. they looked fantastic. So we booked the rooms for that Friday night.
We checked in early, and because I am a priority platinum member, we were upgraded to 2 queen suites. We were also given the option for a no-charge late check out, 2:00pm, which we accepted.
The suites were the same as the rooms, but had an extra room with a sofa, coffee table, and a table with 4 chairs. And, just across from the bathroom, there was a countertop with a sink, microwave, and cabinets with basics such as plates/ cups/ untensils. So it was very large. The girls loved it, gave them plenty of room!
The beds/pillows were very comfortable. There was a flatscreen TV with hook-ups for game systems (the girls quickly hooked up their playstation), and a large desk with chair.
We were very happy with the rooms. Mom had a big suite all to herself!
The girls spent a lot of time in the pool. It was very clean, and had a hot tub too. The pool room was great. It's usually so humid in those rooms that it's hard to spend any time in them if you're not in the pool. But they kept it cool and well ventilated, so it wasn't hardly humid at all.
The lobby was really nice. They had a huge centerpiece that I guess can be described as a lcd waterfall that chanced colors. Very pretty! And, near the back, another one that was a fireplace. Lots of places to sit, sofas, tables and chairs, and bar like stools at a table where you can watch the TV. It was all immaculately clean!
The staff... they were just awesome!! Gave the girls a lot of attention. Were extremely friendly! They couldn't do enough for us. Especially Katie! Thank you Katie!
The breakfast was fresh and pretty good. They had a nice variety of pastries, muffins, cereals, yogurts. And, hot breakfast too. A pancake maker, eggs, bacon. The girls had plenty and were very happy. Good coffee too.. important to mom.
It's a great location (right off Rt 80, main st), and about 3 minutes to the mall (I took the girls to the movies earlier in the day). I highly recommend this hotel! Currently it's, by far, the nicest one in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We work hard to make our hotel the best in the area and when we hear such a positive review it really does make us feel good. I will also share this with Katie. She really is great! I'm glad your stay was so enjoyable and we hope to see you soon!
Spring Lake Heights, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We are a group who seasonal camp in the Pocono area from spring to fall. We held a winter reunion at this hotel on Jan. 28th. This hotel is awesome! The rooms were extremely clean, comfortable bed, friendly staff. We also used a meeting room during our stay, which was very spacious & perfect for our needs. The front desk staff were very helpful in accommodating our needs or requests during our stay. We would love to come back next year for our reunion.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Marie thank you for your post, I would like to personally thank you and your group for staying with us.I did get to meet some of the group upon check in and what a fun group you have we cant wait to see you all next visi.t
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

This hotel is about 90 minutes from La Guardia Airport in NYC and about 10-15 minutes to Camelback Ski resort. It was perfect for a quick ski escape with the kids. The hotel seems very new, impeccably clean, good breakfast, and polite staff. Microwave and minifridge in room. Comfortable beds (pillow a bit too firm for my preference but my family was fine with it). Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for extra towels upon arrival. They will leave 2 or 3 bath towels even though we were 4 in the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for your post, we are glad your enjoyed our Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!