“Great Hotel and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Stroudsburg
Stroudsburg, PA
“Great Hotel and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Elaine at the fron desk was wonderful, and the whole hotel is new and very nice.

Room Tip: I chose the even side because it was further from the highway.

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Friendly, down-to-earth staff (Elaine). Nice common areas make this a better than average new HIX. Wi-fi was not dependable, however. 7/10

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Thank you bensagle for the review! We appreciate any and all feedback so we can attend to any issues as soon as possible. I am sorry about the wi-fi and we will have that looked into immediately. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and staff otherwise, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Very nice hotel. It just opened a few months ago. Everything is new. I have stayed here several times on business in several different rooms - all have been fine. The staff is friendly - especially Elaine at the front desk. It is located a little outside of downtown. You can probably walk there for dinner in the Spring through Fall, but need to drive in the Winter. Conveniently located near on- and off-ramp for I-80.

Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

This hotel is a very new hotel in the Stroudsburg area. Each room is very clean and spacious. Hotel staff is always helpful and very friendly, especially Elaine, who is always willing to help you find a good place to go out or find a meal or give you helpful directions around town. I've stayed at other hotels in the area, which are nice, but this is definitely the best quality. A little further from the downtown area (not really walking distance), but is a very short car ride (about 5 min) from anywhere you'd want to go to

Room Tip: Higher floors are typically quieter. Ask for a room that does not face the parking lot as some rooms...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Holly F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review! We are very proud of our new hotel and love getting positive feedback. Elaine is a wonderful asset to our team here, I'll make sure to share this comment with her. We hope to see you soon!
Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

i travel alot for work and this hotel is one of, if not the best i have had the pleasure to stay at . the employees are verry nice and well mannered. thank you elaine and katie for makng my stay enjoyable and making the hotel feel like my home away from home. and to the maintenence department(chris) i have to commend you for keeping the place looking great ~especially through the holiday season. great job guys!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thanks Cody! I will share this with the staff, see you soon!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I went for an overnight stay with my fiance on a Saturday night. We usually go skiing but since the temps have been unusually warm we decided to forgo that this time. Instead we got a jacuzzi suite with a comfortable large King mattress and enjoyed the inviting hotel pool and jacuzzi. Other families were there with young children but we could see they were going sking or snow tubing and we had the pool all to ourselves. I decided to bring dinner we could heat up in the room's microwave so we didn't have to leave the hotel that evening. The room was great. Very spacious, with granite bathroom vanity and all Kohler fixtures. The in room jacuzzi was very relaxing even equipped with a sprayer nozzle. The warm greeting from the hotel front desk was great. I dealt with a very friendly woman named Evie who was so nice. The Express Start breakfast's are our favorites, as we are Priority Rewards members, so we frequent the Holiday Inn Express hotels. My fiance loves the automatic pancake maker, they also put on a nice spread including juices, coffee, sausages, biscuits, eggs, bagels, cereal, yogurt and milk. We ate early and checked out by 11am. We wanted to visit 2 shops nearby Country Kettle and Christmas Factory. Country Kettle is a gift shop and bulk candy is available. The woman working in the candy part was very ignorant and rude and I was appalled. I told a fellow employee and she said the woman is always in a bad mood. Maybe she shouldn't work there! Then Christmas factory had holiday stuff but also a whole room of jewelry, purses n scarves. I picked up a nice pearl bead bracelet for my mom. All in all, I will say the Holiday Inn Express was a great hotel. It was newly built and everything is all brand new and modern with a fresh feel. I am glad the chain is updating their look because it works. Kudos to the staff for making us feel welcome. We left feeling refreshed and recharged. Great stay, I highly recommend for families, couples and anyone staying on business.

Room Tip: Kitchenette are microwaves, mini fridges and coffee makers in all rooms. Rooms on second and third f...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Gale S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the review! I am so pleased you had a great stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Stroudsburg. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review! We strive to make every Guest's stay excellent. It makes us very happy to hear such positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon!!!
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This is a very modern Holiday Inn with the latest design features. I think Holiday Inn is really trying to go from a "also ran" budget hotel to more hip, modern, value priced hotel. I am all for that as long as the price doesn't rise too much.

The room is comparable to any name brand 4 star hotels (i.e. Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, etc.). Though the room's color scheme is little too green, it is spacious and well laid out with microwave and fridge, a seating area and a large flat TV. The bed is comfortable and is higher than normal. Bathroom is really bright (even in the shower!) and the toilet flushes almost silently. Pool and gym are small but still serviceable.

Breakfast area is designed in a way that gives a more lounge vibe with different set of tables, chairs, etc. The food is fantastic (warm cinnabons, pancakes, baked omelette, yogurt, etc.).

Not counting the all inclusive resorts in the area, I think this is one of the best hotels. It is very conveniently located for all the attractions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, I am glad you like the modern feel of the hotel and very comfortable.I am glad you had time to stop for breakfast and I am sure you didnt leave hungry we have alot to choose .

Been to Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!