“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Brooklyn
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Hampton on S. 8th St, in Strousburg PA this past weekend. This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. The staff is courteous and pleasant and the rooms are really clean and kept up with. The manager, Michelle Duffin, is really sweet and you can tell that she takes an interest in the hotel, how the staff is doing and how the guests are feeling about their stay. She tries to keep everyone comfortable and that is such a pleasure in this day and age when customer service is no longer about keeping the people happy. Michelle does keep everyone happy and I will be back. Jay M. Giuffrida

Room Tip: Stay here - very very very nice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I can't thank you enough for writing one of the nicest TripAdvisor reviews we have ever had. I was personally overwhelmed by your kind remarks. The staff and I genuinely care about our guests, and I am so pleased you felt that during your stay. We truly look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you for making our day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Port Washington, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel was very nice at one time. I liked it alot, and for that reason, I stayed here again 9/14/13. But it is going down the dumps. The room furniture needs updating, the tub had lots of disgusting stains in it. I was afraid to stand in it. The room smells like must. And the breakfast lacks fresh foods.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please be advised we are in the process of updating our rooms, so I hope you come back to visit us to see the improvements we'll be making over the next few months.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I like Hampton Inn and this one was up to their standard. Attractive, clean, good breakfast, good coffee with 24/7 service in lobby, also cookies late in day were a nice extra. WiFi connection was fast and mostly reliable. Indoor pool available; I didn't use it. Best thing about this hotel is the location on a side street in downtown Stroudsburg. Highway a little distance away is noisy; recommend asking for room on the other side of the building.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
The staff and are delighted you had such a positive experience at our Hampton. We greatly appreciate your generous review, and we thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.
Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stay at Hampton Inns quite often when we are traveling. This Hampton could certainly use an update. It appeared a bit dingy. It was clean and the staff courteous and helpful. As for breakfast, ditch the powdered eggs and overlooked sausage. Sticks to the basics.

$180 per night was very high for a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. Please be advised that we are scheduled to make updates to our guestrooms over the next few months. It is our goal to make your experience with us as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. We hope you come back to visit us the next time you're in the area!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Lobby is really nice, but for the price I would have rather stayed elsewhere. For 3x the price of an Econo Lodge Room, I expected more in my room than what I got. Outdated bedding, sheets, carpet, wallpaper and appliances. A/C Unit was damaged - looked like a rock band had its way with it. Something was up with the toilet, so I asked for a different room. Staff was great, got me a new room (that had another damaged A/C unit) and gave me a gift card. They said that they were remodeling the rooms soon, but I have read reviews from a year ago saying things were outdated. I wish I had stayed in the Econo Lodge, at least I would know what I was getting myself into.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Staff pleasant and courteous. Hotel very clean and quiet. Only complaint was the scrambled eggs at the complimentary breakfast, they were dry and tasted awful. I am guessing they were of the powdered variety. I would not hesitate to stay there again, and highly recommend it to anyone staying in the Stroudsburg area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for recommending our Hampton on TripAdvisor! The staff and I greatly appreciate your compliments. I'm sorry you did not enjoy our new scrambled eggs, but I hope you found the other items on our breakfast bar more enjoyable. We appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to serving you the next time you're in the Poconos!
Centereach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This was our 3rd time visiting. Michelle, Jessica, Jasmine and the whole staff are just wonderful. They are very helpful, friendly and professional. We had a problem with outsiders in the parking lot by our car. Like a flash, Jessica and Michelle rectified the situation. I can't begin to tell you just how 'family' the whole staff is. I have looked to stay at other hotels in the area, but being that we are such a loyal family, we always come back to the Hampton Inn. And we are NEVER sorry. It is in a great location to all that we want to do on vacation. So if you are looking for a clean, friendly, efficient place to stay, don't hesitate to stay at this Hampton Inn in Stroudsburg. You will NOT regret it. Thank you Michelle, Jessica, Jasmine and all the staff. See you next year

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Jessica, Jasmine, the entire staff and I were over the moon when we read your generous review. The title meant so much to us as it is our goal to make our Hampton your home away from home. Thank you for posting such a wonderful review, and for totally making our day!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#3 of 9 in East Stroudsburg
#1 of 2 in Pocono Manor
4.0 of 5 stars 1,072 reviews
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Poconos Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos? Share your experiences!