“What a Super Hampton Inn!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn 2x Points!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Steeler Nation, Pgh, PA
“What a Super Hampton Inn!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband & I just returned from a 3 day getaway for our anniversary. This was the best Hampton Inn where I ever remember staying. The rooms were a nice size and the beds extremely comfortable. The free breakfast buffet was awesome! It included fresh fruit, assorted pastries, meats, waffles, cereals & more! My favorite place there was the exercise room. It was all new and state of the art! Everyone on the staff was friendly and especially accommodating to our every need. As far as fun things to do, the Premier Outlets and Wine vineyard are nearby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Wow! We are absolutely delighted that we made your extended getaway memorable.Thank you for your sharing your experience and posting such wonderful review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Jackson, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Check in was extremely fast and painless. Room was clean. Juice and coffee were available all night long. Front desk was helpful in finding food delivery late at night. The continental breakfast was sub par for a hampton. The waffle mix was super runny like water and just came out like a thin piece of rubber lol. Overall not a bad hampton but is more expensive than most other hamptons so not as good of a value.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your positive comments about our Hampton. We appreciate your feedback.
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here a few times already. My last stay was on October 26, 2012. This hotel is one of the best in the area, comfortable and clean. Hotel staff very nice. I would definitely stay here whenever visiting the Stroudsburg, PA area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased you've enjoyed your stays with us! We look forward to continuing to provide you with great service and clean accommodations upon your future trips to the Poconos. Thank you for writing such a great review of our property.
Southampton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed for one night on Friday, October 26. The room had two double beds which were very comfortable. The room was extremely clean. I was concerned after reading some of the reviews, but could not have been more pleasantly surprised. The breakfast had great selections and the staff was friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. It was nice because you could walk to Main Street without having to worry about parking. After this short trip, we will definately be back again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Middlefield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had to drive from Cleveland to NYC to pick up some heavy medical equipment. I usually drive up, load, and return. The trip did not go as planned, and there were delays. Rather than return, I decided to find a cheap hotel and crash for the night.

As it turns out, many college kids were returning to school that week, and almost all the hotels were booked. I found the Hampton In in Stoudsburg, on my gps, and gave them a call. They quoted me a very reasonable rate, and honored it when I checked in.

The lobby was large and inviting, and check-in took less than 4 minutes. My room was huge, I had a view of the river, and my bed was extremely comfortable.

The breakfast in the AM was great, with many hot choices, as well as cereals, breads, bagels, and fruit. To top it off, there was a bag with a water, a snack, and an apple to take with me upon check-out.

I can't think of anything to complain about. Everything was perfect!

Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
The staff and I were absolutely ecstatic when we read your comments about our Hampton! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you visit us again when you're in the area:) Thank you for posting such a wonderful review.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a weekend getaway on October 13th and14th. On the first night, we had a room with one queen-sized bed. The bed was truly lousy, one of the worst on which I've ever slept. It was clearly very worn. In this day and age, and in a hotel in this price range, I certainly expect much better. To be fair, however, when we complained about the bed the next morning, the desk clerk was apologetic and immediately gave us another room. She explained that the hotel was in the process of replacing mattresses. The beds in the room she gave us were much, much better, and we got a good night's sleep. The rest of the hotel, including the pool, exercise area, and breakfast area, was of very nice quality and was well-kept. I'd recommend staying at this motel--but check the bed before you lie down to sleep.

Room Tip: Check the bed before you go to sleep. If it's poor, ask for another room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.. As you stated, we are in the process of making many improvements to the property. I apologize for the inconvenience you had in moving your room, but I was glad to hear you found your new bed so comfortable. I greatly appreciate your remarks regarding the positive aspects of your experience and for recommending our Hampton.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed here 5 nights while hiking in the Poconos. We were very pleased with our king suite, with refrigerator (you have to request a refrigerator when you make your reservation, but no extra charge). We had 4 sets of towels every day. Breakfast area was good-sized, and choices were good - different hot choices each day, as well as the usually waffles, cereal, oatmeal, etc. Walking distance (2 blocks) to downtown shops and restaurants, which we found most convenient. Pleasant staff. Wireless internet, plus workstation in the lobby for printing airline tickets.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the parking lot on the interstate side was surprisingly quiet, and the trees block...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I totally agree with your headline - one of our best features is our location. We have many fantastic restaurants and unique shops within walking distance. Our guests frequently tell us it is one of their favorite things about of our hotel.

Thank you for your wonderful remarks about our Hampton. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us!

Been to Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos? Share your experiences!