“Will be even better after the new updates,, from new management” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Stroudsburg

You added Quality Inn Stroudsburg to your Saves list
Quality Inn Stroudsburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 West Main Street, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 (Formerly Pocono Plaza Inn )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Stroudsburg
New York City, New York
“Will be even better after the new updates,, from new management”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

No Indian restaurant inside hotel,,, please- not everyone likes it and the smell will effect the hotel stay..... international buffets or something basic , would work better. Hot breakfast should be free- Until then just go to Perkins across the street , well worth it. The brown metal door sticks , effort is needed to open and close, I don't like slamming doors. Carpet worn out and old furniture, some chipping- the fridges were new but was leaking water inside from freezer- we couldn't use it- was told it wasn't set to coldest setting to save money- not a good idea. shower head pressure weak and shower unit ,was stained ,chrome wasn't shinning at all. Don't be cheap with the updating of the hotel , we want to keep returning there, please . Its great location and very roomy, nice indoor pool area...

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Aston, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We did not stay we checked out within 45mim off checking in .This hotel was dirty, smelled very bad , Breakfast was to be included with the booking but new management changed that to no breakfast with the room at all . Chairs and the rug in the room were stained whirlpool tub had hair in it , draws that yours clothes go in were dirty .The pictures on the internet lie , touched up photos .

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express less than a .5 mile away
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Whitestone, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed one night and it was a comfy stay..beds a bit small for a family of 4 but we still had a good night sleep. I felt it was clean and they have a beautiful pool area that makes you feel like you are on an island very clean..they have a nice bar called whispers in the lobby with a very nice bartender..She makes a nice specialty drink that I enjoyed. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Joanne T, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is nice to see some positive feedback on our hotel. We are currently doing some renovations throughout the hotel and hope that you will come back when we are finished.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was a guest this past Friday.

When we arrived, the front desk staff was extremely friendly, and attentive. The front lobby was nice and clean, also.

I had no problems checking into our room. (Most rooms are poolside, which I thought would be great...). Our room was outdated, such as the hallways, hotel common bathrooms, etc. however, the hotel is under major renovations so I will not be so judge mental on that part of our stay.

The area is okay, we were passing through on a 400 mile drive. I did feel safe and comfortable here. We did some exploring and there is a strip about a mile down the road, which is full of bars, restaurants, shops, etc. We had dinner at a lovely place down there.

We returned back to the hotel around 10pm, went to our room, then went to the "bar/lounge" area in the hotel. There was an awesome man behind the bar, very socialable. There was also a woman drinking bottles of beer, jumping on the bar, leaning over to talk to customers, I'm not sure what her deal was, but since the bar was not a full house, it surprised me how long we had to wait for a drink, waiting on her. All in all, the bar does seem like it could be a fun place to hang out.

Later, were back off to our room, were awoken by a bunch of noise, early morning hours. I look out our "window" to the pool, and it's the woman bar keep with friends, completely inebriated, skinny dipping in the pool with their booze, mind you this is well after 2am. Completely disgusting. All in all, if I was passing through again, I'd have to skip the quality inn, especially if I have my two children. I sure hope they clean their pool!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Winthrop, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Rundown is an understatement. Furniture chipped, carpet worn-out. I barely want to be barefoot in this place. Found out at 7pm that the hot water wasn't working so after driving 8 hours had to go out to eat without a shower. It was fixed when I got back. Really wish I'd gone elsewhere. One light not working. Phone not working (no dial tone). All these issues were discussed with the front desk (had to cll them on my cell). They were not apologetic. The only thing this place has going for it is the close proximity to route 80. Might be worth $20 because the bed is comfortable but when the rest of the place is in such shambles do you really trust the cleanliness of anything...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I am sorry you had some concerns during your stay with us. Unfortunately our local gas company did some work on the gas lines in the area and never fully repaired damage. We were not aware of any problems with the hot water until guests informed us. Our maintenance man was called and he did come twice to try to fix the problem. As it turned out, we needed to contact the gas company and have them come and resolve the issue. I do apologize for your concerns in the rooms. We are still doing a lot of renovations work and as we all know it doesn't get done as quickly as we would like. I would ask that you give us another chance to show you a better stay with us in a few months when our renovations are complete.
Sugarloaf, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I dont usually go by reviews because everyone has their own opinion. But we stayed here on Friday night and I must say I was a bit disappointed. The titles in the hall were scary, they gave a creepy feeling because some were discolored and falling apart. Our room smelled like breakfast maple syrup on and off. I am not sure. And it was an older room, carpet worn out, bathroom tub/shower peeling white paint. The phone didn't work at all in the room either. So I couldnt call the front desk. What really upset me was that the heat/air didnt work at all. And I was very cold all night long. No matter what I presssed on the thermostat nothing made a difference. On a good note. The hotel bed was comfy and the sheets and room were very clean. The front desk staff was friendly to us. The bar had friendly staff and the scooter club group visiting for the weekend were awesome. The one drink I ordered was made perfect also. Thank you. Sorry but we checked out and stayed down the road at a Howard Johnson where we had a lot more comfortable and safe feeling inside. If the room was a little better we would have stayed again.

Room Tip: If you just want a place to sleep and are tired. It is worth the price and stay, but if you want com...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Joanne T, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Stroudsburg, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I am sorry you were not happy with your stay with us. As I am sure you realized during your stay that we are in the process of doing numerous renovations in all areas of the hotel. What you experienced is not the norm for this hotel as we strive to give all our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. I apologize that this was not what you experienced. We are in the process of putting new tubs in all of our rooms and converting our old heating/ac units with new and modern equipment. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our other hotel but do hope that you will come back to us in a few months when all of our renovations are completed.
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Regardless of what other people have said about this Quality Inn, I had a very pleasant experience here. We were passing through and got caught in a nasty snow storm, requiring us to stop about an our into our 500 mile trip home. After staying in a Best Western the night before in Newark NJ that was new with beautiful interiors but not very functional for guests, our room at the quality inn in strousburg was big, clean, and comfortable. Yes, the furniture is older. So what? We had a huge room with a super comfortable king bed, couch, and chair. our room lets out to the indoor pool which was neat. Probably the best part was that there was an additional sink outside of the bathroom so that two people would easily be able to get ready in the morning at the same time.

The continental breakfast was incredible. 2 kinds of cereal, toast, waffles, bagels, granola bars, fruit, eggs, sausage, juice. There was a nice little dining area and many little nooks for people to hang out in if they were staying longer than just one night like we did.

We left in the morning in a hurry to get home and I left my jacket. They called me and mailed it back, which I really appreciated. I would much rather stay in this hotel with its older but well-kept furniture than a new hotel that is uncomfortable to stay in. Not to mention, with tax our room was only $76. Can't beat that!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!