“I recommend it but it could use a little bit of improvement” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Stroudsburg

You added Quality Inn Stroudsburg to your Saves list
Quality Inn Stroudsburg
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1220 West Main Street, Stroudsburg, PA 18360 (Formerly Pocono Plaza Inn )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Stroudsburg
Wise, Virginia
“I recommend it but it could use a little bit of improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

This place was a blessing from God. We went on 80-East after driving all night with only a couple of rest area naps and then finding I-81 to be snowy and getting worse by the hour.
We visited two other places in Stroudsburg who were only willing to offer adjoining rooms for over $150 per night each and we could not check in for three more hours.
We came here and they let us put in an extra cot into a two-queen room and all six of us (one infant, one two-year old, one four year old, and three adults) were in one room at 1 p.m. for about $120 including taxes.

There is an indoor pool here. It was a little bit cold but it was Feb and as I mentioned above, there was a snowfall and cold temps. I was fortunate enough to find swimsuits for the kids at a local dept store and they had a blast in the pool.

The room was not as clean as I would like but as tired as I was I did not say a word. It was OK.

The hotel is a little bit of an older property and I had to put all 260 pounds of my weight into lifting on the door adjacent to the pool to get the deadbolt to lock.

Our heat did not work at first but a friendly maintenance person came quickly and fixed it. They had temps in the 60s earlier in the week and he turned a knob and voila.

The TV selection was limited and we could not plug in our portable DVD player into the TV and watch our childrens DVDs. We ended up buying a childrens show which was not a big deal.

The beds slept well.

The staff was as nice as you could ask for.

They did not have a free breakfast but there is a restaurant across the road that serves reasonably priced food. It is a chain found all across the northeast.

They also did not have any guest laundry.

It is convenient to I-80.

If I am ever there again, I will stay there. I only hope the pool is warmer, the room a little cleaner and some maintenance gets accomplished.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Could not plug in our DVD player into their TV
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
philly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

My stay at the quality inn was aweful and very low quality. I will never stay here again and would certainly not recommend it to anyone. Unless you like obnoxiously loud children who yell and stomp up and down steps throughout the night while their drunken parents sleep soundly, this place is not for you. There was a courtyard outside of our room that echoed like you wouldn't believe. There were a few families who let their children (about 8 or 9 of them) run wild and unattended from the time we checked in till 8:30 in the morning. No I am not exaggerating. My boyfriend and I called the front desk like four times and although they were very apologetic, nothing was done. The children were so loud that we were woken up at least every half hour by the noise. It was extremely difficult to block it out and I am a elementary school teacher who is very used to children’s voices. Then to top it off, the café was closed in the morning due to some pipe problems that supposedly occurs over the night. Likely story. The bar/club was so ghetto and smelly. We were able to get a whopping 20% off of our $140 jacuzzi room. BTW. The room was not very clean and the hallways stunk. Please save yourself a miserable and angering night and stay anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
gman1966
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

I have stayed at some inexpensive motels before but staying at the Quality Inn beats them all.
Indulge if you would this is a good one.
Here is how our Quality nightmare began. My wife has always wanted to go skiing but money is always tight,we put in off time and time again until we got word on a hotel that was pretty reasonable so like we always do we decided to make it an entire family trip.
It's really hard to get her parents to go places. My mother in law had brain surgery last year and her and her husband both like the comforts of home. My wife insisted to them we wanted them to come we would have it no other way, they have an indoor heated pool.
Being with all the family and that is what sold her.
A few days before our trip my brother in law had a bad accident at work we almost canceled the trip but he wanted to go on with the trip now that his parents were excited about going now thankfully the injury he got wasn't as severe as 1st thought Saturday we left for our trip and my mother in law being disabled we wondered where she would go while we went tubing (skiing was out now cause my bro in laws injury) so we called the Quality Inn to see about an early check in, as we got there early and it was awesome the 2 rooms were ready and they allowed us to check in which is rare we were ecstatic about our rooms being together the view to the pool was awesome we were joking like who wants to leave now so we hurried downstairs to the pool and were greeted from guests saying the pool has been ice cold for days and that's where the hotel stay went down hill. My mother in law became so upset I called front desk and at 1st they said that the heater was broke that they were doing everything they could to fix it now back at the room I started noticing things the in interior of these rooms are so outdated dingy and musty the bathroom paint was chipping on the doors the rugs were filthy.
I figured as it was getting late there was nothing we could do as I was told manager was gone for the night. A little later I called down for some items that we ran out of as they have a little placard saying If you forgot something call us we have and that the TV in the room was broken color was messed up the said someone would be right up well almost 2 hours later a lady bought us what we needed and said they didn't tell her about the TV the maintenance man was gone for the day.
Now I'm fuming so I called the next day and spoke to the manager Joanne 1st I told her about the pool she said no one complained about it ,which was a lie another guest told me they told her 3 times they just gave up, she said the pool was 73 degrees and it wasn't broken I said they guy last night said it was she said well it wasn't I asked her if she was calling me a liar she didn't respond I said what about the TV and the poor service and that I should be compensated she then said she was only required to give a 10 % discount so I had to take it or leave it
So I returned to check out and this got better She hands me my bill and only gives me credit for one room I said I have 2 she says oh mind you not once has she apologized for the experience me and my family had. She then recharges me without the discount I said excuse me there is no credit here she re did it and gave me the 2 receipts with the correct amount on them I walked out puzzled. The rest of the day I had to come up with something to satisfy everyone in my family so I figured they never been here before lets do some sight seeing and that was great we had such a good time doing that we started to forget our bad stay at the Quality Inn that is until I got home and checked my online bank statement. Joanne the manager had charged my account 4 times 3 times for the 1st rate and 1 time for her discount rate now I'm extremely upset My wife called the hotel and the girl there says I'm not sure but I think they place a hold on your bank charges for 15 days cause you used a debit card My wife said how can you be so sure the girl said she wasn't and asked here we were not informed of this Well the girl didn't know what to do she said the only thing we could do was call back tomorrow, Today my wife called and it seemed to her she was giving the run around and as of right now I'm being charged 4 times for a 1 night stay in the worst hotel I have ever stayed at I would have rathered sleep outside in the cold so trust this review
FIND ANOTHER HOTEL you will be sorry at this one

• Liked — They let us check in early
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Long Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

We stayed at the Quality INN in Stroudsburg Pennsylvania. At first, the hotel looked OK. Once inside the rooms, the bathrooms looked as if they were around since the late 70's. Tiles were cracked, the wallpaper was coming off the walls, and there was mildew behind the toilet. The biggest problem was that our room was right off the atrium containing the pool. I thought that would be nice but it was extremely noisy. The pool was supposed to close at 10 oclock but people were in the pool area drinking and were really loud and obnoxious. My family was kept up until around one in the morning when the noise finally dropped to tolerable level. The unfortunate problem was the hotel did not enforce their own rules and did absolutely nothing to stop it. After a long day of skiing, don't think you can get any rest at this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Pool area
newyork
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2008

After a day of snowtubing at a nearby mountain, just wanted to head to a nice hotel. That is not what we found. Arrived at the hotel about 3:00pm (check in is 3:00pm) we were told our rooms were not ready but should be shortly.After sitting in the lobby for 2HOURS we finally checked in at 5:00pm. When got to the room it was so hot we put on the a/c which did not work.( find out from friends of ours who had the same problem that it was broken). So slept in a hot room very uncomfortable. Our room was right off the pool which looked dirty and the cement around it was all broken. Courtyard was to close at 11:00pm, but people still hung around RIGHT in front of my room. After 2 calls to the front desk I finally went out my self and asked the people to kindly leave. Now midnight and can finally get some rest. Until woken about 4:30am from some lady talking on her cell phone and yelling at other guest in the courtyard. When checking out told front desks of the problems we encounted and was told by the
day manager she could do nothing and to call back in two weeks when the general manager would be back from his honeymoon.
This is unacceptable. The acting manager was not helpful at all. Will never stay here and will dispute the charge on my credit card.

• Liked — had a Perkins across the street.
  • Disliked — everything especially manager at front desk.
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
North Eastern New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

Good location: right off Rt. 80 West, a few blocks from quaint main street of Stroudsburg, minutes from Stroud Mall, a few exits west of the huge Pocono Bazaar flea market. Perkins restaurant across the street, two gas stations nearby, incl one w/convenience mart.
Room was nice, two sinks for extra convenience. Comfortable bed.

Pool area much nicer than expected. Pool large for this class of hotel, interesting shape, with nice decor (trees and a rock formation). Adjoining wading pool, too, for kids.

small game room and excercise room, sauna.

Bar and restaurant right inside the hotel. Bar becomes a club at night.

Lobby small but nice.

Drawbacks: odor of cigarette smoke in hallway(but not in my non-smoking room). No elevator to 2nd floor. Ice machine on my floor was out of ice. I had to use one on the first floor.

Generally, a very convenient hotel. Main complaints: smoke smell and lack of elevator.

• Liked — convenient location; pool area
  • Disliked — smoke odor in hallway, lack of elevator
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
philadelphia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2007

We were guests to this facility for 1 night, and thats enough for us. The only reason we stayed was our family was having a wedding just up the road. When we first arrived we were greeted by a very personable night desk clerk ( Faroz ), however our night would night encounter all the same staff, before we went to our room we went to Evergreen's, I would not wish that food on my worst enemy, between the ridiculous choice of seasoning to mask the over cooked burger, and the fact it took us 45 minutes to get a burger and french fries with no one in the place...I see why now! Once we entered our room, the stench of mild dew and the fact our so-called indivdual A/C, Heating unit was blowing piping hot air. The bathroom was disgusting, our carpet was stained, and our beds were old and warn. There was one plus, a bar on location. It was clean, refreshing, and fun. The bartenders (Dwayne and Frank) were dancing and enjoying themselves, it helped save our night. I will not recommend the hotel, but if you do pass through Stroudsburg be sure to stop in the bar you'll be pleasantly surprised

• Liked — The bar
  • Disliked — General Manager Sean was very rude and unprofessional, they should get rid of him
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!