“Do Not Recommend” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Strasburg
Lancaster, Ohio
“Do Not Recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We recently went to the Sight & Sound Theatre and thought this would be a convenient place to stay. While the front of the hotel and lobby area are nice.....walking into the room is totally different! The carpet was soiled and dirty and there were cob webs at the ceiling! While one wall looked recently painted, the other walls were dirty! The hall way was dark and the back entrance was dark and dirty! It is in need of updates badly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
hersheyfarmer, Manager at Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
I want to thank the guest for taking the time to share about their stay with us at Hershey Farm Inn. I'm sorry it was not a fully positive experience. We were able to take care of the marks on the carpet upon your checkout. We appreciate you letting us know at the front desk. The housekeeping staff was also alerted to the utmost importance of checking all ceiling corners of the rooms for any cobwebs. We do have an offsetting paint design with one wall having a maroon glossy paint while the other three walls are a flat golden tint. This is what the guest was referring to regarding the varying paint tones in the room. Again, I thank the guest for sharing their comments so that we can continue to improve and update areas of the hotel that may need attention. We look forward to continuing to serve our guests with a clean and comfortable room in a beautiful setting here at Hershey Farm Inn.

Inn Manager--Brett Eby

558 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
East Palestine, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My husband and I took a very well needed vacation. We wanted time to relax and to enjoy the Amish Country and other sites. Staying here at Hershey Farm added greatly to our relaxed and fun vacation. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Our room was clean and quiet. We enjoyed swimming in the pool and eating at the restaurant. The food was great. Everything you could want and all you could eat. An breakfast is included with your stay. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

haven't been there yet this year but will be going for Labor Day weekend with my family. my daughter was 5 years old the first time we went she's now 32 I've been there several times over the years sometimes 2 or 3 times a year. Usually stayed at the building up by the pool but did stay at the carriage house several years ago with a group of 10 with no complaints the grounds are beautiful the service is excellent and can't wait to eat in the restaurant again. The food is excellent and plenty of it. We can't wait to get there to receive the same great time were used to

• Stayed August 2012
Hillsborough, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Recently my wife and I took a weekend trip to Lancaster and stayed at the Hershey Farm. We stayed in the carriage house building. these hotel grounds are really nice, there is LOTS of open space that you can explore, a pond, playground for kids plus much more. The staff was very friendly, the room as well as the grounds very clean.

Although the was just the two of us the hotel really is a good deal for couples, seniors, people with kids, all will be happy. Included in my rate was free breakfast, this was a full scale breakfast with anything you can think off, you will not go away feeling like you got ripped off.

the hotel is a few minutes for Dutch wonderland, and many of the other local Amish attractions. Also across the street is a Amish buggy ride business that brings you into a real Amish farm.

I've been to Lancaster many times during my life, this motel is one that I would comeback to again.

Room Tip: I only stayed at the carriage house building is very nice and private, the hotel also does have a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ajax, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked this online based on pictures and previous reviews of the hotel. Without a doubt, the grounds at this hotel are beautiful, but there didn't seem to be too many benches to sit on just to relax and take in the peacefulness of it all. The buffet breakfast was great if you are a big breakfast eater (we are not). The selection of food, healthy and not, was very good. I gave it two stars because of the breakfast otherwise it was a one. The service was good and the staff very friendly. We arrived here on the second night of our week long trip and I had booked two nights online with the intention of possibly staying three. When we got into the room the first thing I noticed was how dark it was (we were in room 580 in the 'Farm House') and the stains on the carpet. On further inspection, there was a used towel on the back of the door of the bathroom and a piece of garbage on the floor - no big deal, but I paid $260. for the two nights and you kind of hope for a nice clean room at that price. We ended up only staying the two nights because the room just had a 'dirty' feeling to it. The carpet was absolutely disgusting, the air conditioner was very old (I kept the windows open during the day while we were away) and the bathroom was so small it was hard to turn around in it (I'm 5'3" and weigh 110) so if you are a bigger person, you do not want to stay in this room!. The tap on the bathtub would leak out water every once in a while, just enough to wake me up throughout the night. This, without a doubt, was the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in, I was so disappointed. I had booked another hotel for the last two nights of our stay and I went there early to find out if they had another night available - they did and we went there (Cherry Lane) and the room was 3 times bigger, brighter and cleaner. I could not get out of that room fast enough! Based on this experience, in this room, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Perhaps the rooms in the main part of this hotel are better, but do not stay in the 'Farm House...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hersheyfarmer, Manager at Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
I want to thank the guest for sharing about their stay. We appreciate all reviews posted, as it gives us the opportunity to improve on areas that need improvement. As I've already corresponded with this guest, we have taken care of the issues mentioned by the guest and resolved the problems that incurred during their stay. The carpet has been addressed and the shortcomings of the housekeeping staff regarding a left behind towel and tissue on the bathroom floor have been dealt with. The size of the bathroom is an ongoing challenge, however we are anticipating the room renovations and bathroom expansions that are being planned for this winter. This will do wonders to our rooms in the Carriage House & Farmhouse. We are eager to move forward with updating our rooms and having a distinctive selection of accommodations that will match the beauty of our property and exceptional service that is provided at Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn.

Inn Manager--Brett Eby
Longwood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Stopped at the restaurant. Property is very kitchy, can't imagine the hotel is high quality. Restaurant is home cooking comfort food. Kraut and pork, pot roast, green beans with cheese and bacon. It's not fancy, but it's good! Fabulous cheerful service. Found funny shirt to buy in the gift shop. I'd eat there again.

• Stayed August 2012
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

First of all we were pleasantly surprised by the restaurant at Hershey Farms. WHAT A SELECTION and the restaurant was beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly. All the food was typical of the area and everything was hot and well laid out. Just when you thought you did all the tables - there was another one filled with food.
The room was very clean and most inviting. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: We reserved the room at the barn and it was very quiet and we weren't rushed to get out in the m...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hershey Farm Restaurant & Inn? Share your experiences!