“people friendly vs pet friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Carriage House Motor Inn

You added Carriage House Motor Inn to your Saves list
Carriage House Motor Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   144 East Main Street, Strasburg, PA 17579 (Formerly Carriage House Inn)   |
Offers & Announcements
10% If You Book Online
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Strasburg
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
“people friendly vs pet friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Pet friendly rooms were available but I was not interested in one of these rooms. Well, my daugther and granddaugther both suffer from allergies and that is when we found out ALL rooms were pet friendly at one time or another. Stay away from this motel if you suffer from allergies. Rooms are not the cleaniest. We received one bar of soap and 2 packs of coffee. Neither were replenished the second. The staff were friendly. The beds were low to the ground and worn. Please either clean the rooms better or dedicated a couple of rooms for no pets or advertise what it is A pet hotel were people are welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Carriage House Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We are so sorry you did not have a positive experience while staying with us at Carriage House Inn. Our clean rooms are of utmost importance to us and we are disappointed our room did not meet your standards. I will certainly follow up on your review and make recommendations. Again, thank you for your review.

Amish Country Inns - Carriage House Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked this for my husband and I for one night. We travels from NY to New Provance to pick up 100 chickens. When we arrived and I went to the office I was greeted by a very nice woman. We booked the " presidential suite. I chose that by looking at the pics of the rooms. It has its own living room area along with the bedroom & bath. The room was decorated very quaint. It was very very clean and the price is right. The bed was comfortable. The only thing I wish it had was some type of creamer for the coffee pot in the room. I would stay here again and again. I don't like fancy, I enjoy down home nice people . I had just arrived back home from a 10 day vacation at a 5 star resort in the Caribbean. I wanted quite and cute and that is what we got. Price, was right for what I needed. We asked where we could eat and were directed to the restraint across the street. It was St. Pats day and they were about to close in about 1/2 hour. The food was good. Service was good also. 4 stars only because there was no type of powder creamer for coffee. Next time I will bring my own. All is good.
Linda Rose Hubbert- westtown ny

• Stayed March 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay and are delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself. I will certainly look into the situation with the creamers in the rooms because that is something that should have been provided. So glad you had a great stay and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Amish Country Inns
Utica, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I needed a place to sleep while visiting family over the Easter holiday. This is a traditional motel that reminds me of places I stayed in the 60's and 70's as a kid. The staff is very friendly, and the room was clean. I appreciated being able to have my dog along on the trip. It is great for a pet owner because the motel is right on Main Street; you can walk your dog past quaint 18th Century homes with Amish horse and buggies clopping right by you. Amenities are basic, but you do get a refrigerator, hair dyer, and decent tv in the room; the heating unit was new and worked well. I couldn't get wifi in the room, but there is a computer in the motel office you can use. I would stay here again; the price was very reasonable, and it met my need for a quiet place to sleep at night during my visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dawn W, Director of Excellence at Carriage House Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We are so glad you had the opportunity to stay with us over the Easter holiday and that your dog was able to join you on the trip. Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at Carriage House. It is indeed a delightful place to stay. One guest put it - simple, clean and affordable. The Carriage House Inn is one of six properties that make up Amish Country Inns and while the properties range from elegant and upscale to simple, the staff members are ALL committed to being as helpful and friendly as possible. We hope you will return to one of our properties again some time soon.
Amish Country Inns - Carriage House Inn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Keeping in mind this is really an older motel and not a fancy B&B or a hotel chain, we were really pleasantly surprised! We had the King suite. The bed and pillows were very comfy! The bathroom was spotless! Staff is so nice. Great value! Nice spread for continental breakfast. I recommend this inn.

• Stayed February 2013
Poughkeepsie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Room was clean, staff was very friendly, continental was very good. Nice choice of a free breakfast. Room rate was good. Computer in office was very good. This is not a 5 star resort, it was a clean motel to sleep for a affordable price. How much time do you spend a a motel? We were out and about enjoying the area and it was a great place to come back to relax and sleep. We will stay here again on a returning trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
east new market
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a great palce to stay as long as fancy amenities are not a requirement. The rooms, including the linens were very clean. The continental breakfast was basic but satisfactory, and the staff was very friendly. My daughter left her earrings in the room and they called to let us know and was willing to mail them to our home. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

As previous people have mentioned in reviews, exactly what had been recently remodelled is unclear. We had the room at the end of the block nearest to the office. As such the wi-fi from the office reached (2 out of 5 bar signal).
The wi-fi isn't fast either and very intermittent.
The room, although basic, did appear to be clean and we didn't experience any problems.
Check-in was pleasant with an older lady who was very helpful and phoned ahead to a local restaurant to see if they would stay open on the Sunday evening for us (which they did).
Breakfast the next morning was a total contrast to the welcome we had received on the Sunday evening.
A young girl (I think she is called Ashley) was at reception and everything was too much trouble for her. She didn't speak to you when you greeted her, when there were no bagels or muffins left, we asked and she eventually came through to the kitchen area and got 1 bagel out of the fridge for us (the fridge says that we had to ask and not help ourselves). Eventually we just helped ourselves anyway as we didn't want to disturb her from whatever she felt was more important than serving the customers who pay for her wages!
In contrast, she was the only negative we had. Later on in the day on Monday we had to go back to the office and was greeted by a young lady who couldn't do enough for us (I didn't get her name).
Overall, though, the Motel served our needs for our 3 night visit to the area.
Just remember this is a Motel and not anything fancy. Our next hotel in the Yonkers area of New York, was similarly priced but was far better.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Carriage House Motor Inn? Share your experiences!