“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 South Atherton Street, US Rt 322 & PA Rt 26, State College, PA 16801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #22 of 26 hotels in State College
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our room smelled very musty. The door to the outside did not close completely. The housekeeping staff was very nice. The staff in the restaurant was not nice. The breakfast buffet was kind of a rip off for $7. The front desk staff told us that the children ate for free but the restaurant staff disagreed with us, very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Greetings, I thank you for taking the time to share your review. I do apologize that you had an unpleasant stay and I would like to discuss your review with my staff, as it seems there is something lacking in communication. Although our breakfast buffet is free Monday through Friday, we do charge $7.49 on the weekends, but kids eat free on Sundays. On Saturdays we only charge $3.99 for children, did you dine with us on one of these days?

In regards to the room issues, I anticipate that you contacted the front desk and they offered you a solution? Anytime there is an issue with a room, if we can not resolve it we are happy to move you to another room, sometimes we can even offer an upgrade for no additional cost.

If you would like to further discuss anything please feel free to contact me at 814-238-3001.

Happy Holidays,

587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've not only stayed in this hotel on multiple occasions, including a three week stint while I was in-between apartments. But I've also booked national act entertainment talent here (I manage entertainment at multiple venues in town).

This is by far one of the best Ramadas in the entire chain. Clean, very helpful staff and the bar & restaurant offer great food and drink. The best kept secret is the outdoor pool, which is absolutely immaculate. Highly recommended and I consider it the best hotel value in State College.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Greetings, I thank you so much for taking the time to share such an excellent review! I am thrilled that you enjoy your stays with us and consider us the best value in State College. There certainly are many great hotels in the State College area, and we are honored that you have chosen to make us your home away from home. Since you do stay quite often, may I mention our rewards program, Wyndham Rewards. With this program, guests get points for every dollar spend at any Wyndham Hotel, you can redeem your points for free stays and other merchandise. Next time you are in town, stop by the front desk for a flyer, I would love for you to get something back after all the time you have spent with us.

Happy Holidays
Caldwell
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Overall stay was fine. Interesting set up. There are doors from the inside to hotel rooms but there are also doors from the outside like a motel. Jacuzzi was not hot. I would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Good Afternoon, we thank you for sharing your review. It is true that we do offer a unique set up in that we offer both interior rooms and exterior rooms. In the winter the interior rooms are quite popular, especially the rooms facing the indoor pool. In the summer the exterior rooms by the outdoor pool are our best sellers. We have guests that prefer the interior, as well as exterior, it all depends on your preference and what you are looking for. Should you stay with us in the future, we would be happy to reserve you for a certain room type, if you have a preference. We want you to feel comfortable and at home while staying with us.

Warm Regards,
Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Been to Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!