“If you are a female and traveling alone, this is not the...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 South Atherton Street, US Rt 322 & PA Rt 26, State College, PA 16801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in State College

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nichole Lambert really saved us as we needed rooms at the last minute for the Career Fair. A quick and courteous response netted us some great rooms at a great price (the suite room was spectacular). Office staff was very helpful (and arranged transportation from the airport to the hotel). Free breakfast was handy. I even had dinner at the restaurant on site, and needed to do a work out after all of the food I consumed. We will be looking to book here again for the Spring Career Fair.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Greetings Rick, my staff and I personally thank you for such a great review. I am delighted to hear that Nichole was able to accommodate your needs and provide sincere hospitality. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary Breakfast buffet, as it is very popular with our guests. Should you ever need future accommodations please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Warm Regards,
Annapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The first room that I was given had an interior door to an adjoining room. I felt like that door was open as I could here their conversations clearly. I changed rooms. The rooms are dark and curtains have holes. The bathrooms are tiny with noisy fans. I expected better from a Ramada property. Will not stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Hello Frank, I thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I do apologize that you were not able to enjoy your stay as planned. We do offer both interior and exterior style rooms, in other words both Motel and Hotel. We find that guests have different needs, some prefer exterior, other interior. We have recently replaced our guest room bedding and curtains, so if you could please provide me with a room number I would like to have my head of Housekeeping examine the drapes. We hope to see you again!

Best Regards,
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located, cheaply priced, and sketchy at best.

I stayed here one night. I paid a very low rate.

The rooms open into the parking lot. There was adequate parking, but the area is loud and noisy.
The curtain does not fully cover the window letting light in.
The room had a dirty and worn feeling. There were several flies in my room which took me a while to dispose of.
The wifi, while free, was very slow. Dial-up slow.
The breakfast was free and was adequate.
I requested a non-smoking room, and although the room did say non-smoking, it had clearly been smoked in as the room smelled terrible. I did not request a different room however, so I cannot comment as to whether or not they would have moved me. At 1am, I did not have the energy to move again.

Overall, a cheap rate, but I did not feel comfortable in this hotel, and will look elsewhere if I visit State College again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Greetings John, I thank you for sharing your experience. First I would like to learn more in detail of what gave off a "sketchy" impression. I want all of our guests to feel comfortable while away from their homes, so if there is something we can improve on please let me know. I do apologize for the issues with your room, and had we been notified we would have been happy to move you and investigate your concerns. If you would like to speak further, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I produced a 3-day conference at this hotel. The meeting facilities are top notch. The conference center is adjacent to and isolated from the rest of the hotel and our entire event was staged without any other groups or miscellaneous hotel guests wandering through "my" events.

The personnel that handle physical and A-V arrangements were right on with the various sets. Meals were on time and my guests gave the banquet food positive marks. Food service staff, were attentive but not intrusive. I do my best to NOT order from banquet menus. I find the results are generally better than the norm and these meals were no exception.

The sales personnel were appropriately engaged before the event and they made sure that EVERYTHING that I specified was prepared/executed as requested. Unexpectedly, our conference numbers were down about 45%. This hurt the facility and it hurt us; neither party liked it. We were not penalized for "attrition."

Being able to order only what i wanted, i.e., no mandatory per person A-V or break packages that drive up costs and diminish opportunities for revenue, gives a meeting planner flexibility. This hotel is a meeting planner friendly facility that delivers a high quality product sure to please conference attendees as well as transient guests. I will return if I have the opportunity.

All of the public spaces are clean and well maintained. Housekeeping personnel are invisible, yet their attention to detail cannot be missed. When the back of the house runs smoothly, my guests smile and they did a lot of smiling while we sere there..

The hotel's "norm" is well above average for a conference hotel.

Room Tip: For a winter stay, choose a room accessed through an indoor corridor. Some of my guests with indoor...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Gil, I can't thank you enough for your positive and detailed review. You certainly were observant while you were here and we appreciate that, for we are always looking for ways to improve our property and service. I am so thrilled that you had a positive experience with your banquet function, and found the staff friendly and accommodating. One of the aspects in our training process, is for the staff to provide the guests with warm and inviting smiles, I am so glad to hear that this was noticed. I will certainly share with my staff your positive and encouraging review. We look forward to your return stay!

Warm Regards,
Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Been to Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!