“Should have looked elsewhere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 South Atherton Street, US Rt 322 & PA Rt 26, State College, PA 16801   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in State College
ASTON
“Should have looked elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

First room we had cobwebs hanging from ceiling leaky ceiling first night in bathroom,then pouring thru ceiling next nite called maintenance and found out ac unit was leaking and had a bath towel shoved in it to stop it until it soaked thruand fell out.Got another room but had to pay for my freinds room because they only had king bed for 4 people and pull out couch.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

JBS1234, Director of Sales at Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello William, thank you for sharing your review. Please accept my apologies for your unpleasant stay and flawed service. I will speak with my housekeeping stay regarding the cleanliness of the guest rooms. We would love a chance to make it up to you in the future, please do not hesitate to give me a call.

814-321-9114

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I choose a room that almost has a private patio entrance. The room is clean and attractive. There is a large wall TV, microwave, and a nice-sized refrigerator. My stay is always very pleasant. The staff is polite and accommodating. I look forward to my visits.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Greetings, thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted that you had such a great time and we would love to have you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to give us a call.

DOVER
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We originally booked room via phone. We later found out that if we booked online that we would receive 20% off our total stay due to a promotion being offered for our 3 night stay. My husband tried to book online(before he called to cancel the original booking). He was rejected online. He called the hotel and he was told that this promotion is thru the nationwide Ramada chain and the State College Ramada is not part of the Ramada chain, but is privately owned and does not participate in these promotions. He however was told by the the staff person that she was not aware of any offers. She then told my husband that she asked the manager and he was not aware of any promotions. We then just assumed that this was true and we would not get a discount. We then found out this weekend that others that stayed with us that weekend received this discount. This was a little upsetting to me since we were told we were not getting the discount for the promotion.
We checked in on 7/5. When I opened the curtain for the window, I was stunned by the dirty window. There were finger, nose and head prints on the window. I then got a rag and started cleaning the window. At the bottom of the window. I noticed what looked like bird crap on the outside of the window, but as I continued to clean the window. I found out that the unknown substance was on the inside. I immediatelly called the front desk. I was given the option of another room. I was told that there was nobody from housekeeping working at this time. We opted for another room.
In our other room. The microwave did not work properly. My husband had to jingle with the cord where it was plugged into the wall and had to continue to hold it for the microwave to work. Also, the AC sucked! It would not cool below 72 degrees. It was very noisy!
Kudos to the outside pool. We loved it! The inside pool was so cold that we could not stand to swim in it.
The stairways were very dirty!
These are all problems that are easily corrected.
I would however consider staying at your hotel again. I have stayed there before and it was not this bad. I would however not recommend this hotel to anybody else.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hello Tim, thank you for sharing your review. We value our guest's opinions as it is a way for us to improve. It is true that our particular Ramada is independantly owned and for the discount you have mentioned, it does have to be booked online for it is a special promotion through a third party. As far as the housekeeping issues, please accept the substandard service you encountered, I will speak with my team regarding cleanliness issues.

It is true that it is our policy to first offer the guest to move, when our housekeeping staff is done for the day. I apologize for the distress that this stay has caused you and I would love a chance to make it up to you in the future.

Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is an older property. The rooms are small with two double beds. The bathroom is teeny, tiny.

The courtyard pool is very nice and although the water was very cold, the kids enjoyed it.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant and was an upgraded contential style with eggs and sausage as well as biscuits, bagels, etc.

The staff was very accomodating and did an excellent job at serving their patrons.

The most unfortunate part was that the hotel was playing host to a two week wrestling camp. The camp set up shop in the courtyard, with mats, hundreds of wrestlers and activities going on all day form 8 am till 10 pm. You couldn't get from one area to another with having to walk amidst wrestling boys. The halls were even filled by tables of brochures and team info.

Tough getting woke up in the am to a megaphone announcing the start of the camp day!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Good Evening, thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our friendly staff and I will share your positive comments. We are an older property as we used to be a Holiday Inn. We do however offer king bed guest rooms as well as suites. Please accept my apologies for not being notified at check in of the wrestling camp. We do put up signs and are supposed to notify each guest that checks in. I hope that you will give us a chance to make it up to you.

DEVON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

For $170+ per night (more expensive than a hotel room in Nice) we expected to have internet access. Staff was friendly. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Greetings Patricia, thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the majority of your stay. As far as the internet, we do offer complimentary WIFI service. We do offer technical support for any guest room issues. I am happy to announce that this year we are doing a major internet upgrade. Please feel free to give me a call anytime at 814-238-3001.

NORRISTOWN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Love staying at the Ramada, State College, glad to get a room for Arts Fest. The price was slightly elevated and discounts were not accepted. There was only one roll o toilet paper and like 3 tissues in the room. The batteries were defective in the remote, but we were not Iinterested in tv since they were bashing Joe Paterno that weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Good Evening Wendy, thank you for sharing your experience. It is true that during special events such as Arts Festival, our rooms sell at a higher rate. However we are one of the least expensive options in town. Consider visiting us again during a non special event weekend when we offer lower rates.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stay at this hotel every year during People's Choice Arts Festival. I am an artist there and each year request first floor near the pool. I always book early. I called to confirm my hotel reservation at 4 that afternoon and I was assured I was put on the first floor near the pool. After a long set up at the show I checked into the hotel only to be told my room was given away and I was now on the second floor because they were booked. Really?! I then had to carry all of my supplies and merchandise up to the second floor each and every time I left and came back to the hotel. I also had poor service from room service. After a long day at the show Sat night I decided to order six beers from room service for my husband and I. I was told I might be better off walking across the street to the AutoPort. Ridiculous! I usually enjoy my stay at this Ramada but this time not so much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your review. I apologize for your less than impressive stay however it is true that we do not guarantee room types or areas. We train the staff to not guarantee anything in case something beyond our control happens, causing us to make a room change. Unfortunately no one should have guaranteed that you would be in a specific area. Please let us make it up to you in the future.

Jennifer Brooks-Stahl

Been to Ramada State College Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!