We've stayed at the Nittany Lion Inn several times for events in State College. It's conveniently located to entertainment venues, but it's a half block off the main drag, so the area surrounding the hotel is quiet. The rates are comparable to the chain hotels in town, but the atmosphere is much nicer. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Bedding and towels are fine, except for the pillows which are a little too plump-if you're not used to a fat pillow, ask the staff for a regular pillow so your neck doesn't have a kink in the morning. Toiletries are good-not highly scented for those allergic to strong perfumes.
Staff are all very friendly and helpful and will take the time to answer your questions. There is limited parking in front of the hotel, but there's a parking garage adjacent to the hotel which is free for guests. There's a comfortable pub located on the premises which is nice for a nightcap or light meals. There's also a restaurant on-site which is acceptable. No breakfast is included in the daily rate.
We'll definitely stay at this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Nittany Lion Hotel State College
- Nittany Lion Hotel
- Nittany Lion State College
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Nittany Lion Inn is a Penn State landmark, rich in history and tradition and a proud member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America. Our AAA Four Diamond rated property is located on the campus of The Pennsylvania State University, serving as a travelers’ haven and a popular gathering place for Penn State alumni. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Nittany Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.