“Great spot to stay for work” 5 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn State College
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 E College Ave, State College, PA 16801   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in State College
“Great spot to stay for work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have to comment on the staff...they were helpful, accommodating and just all around pleasant. We held a meeting in the lobby area and when the manager noticed us sitting for some time, he came over and gave us each a bottle of water. Not really a big deal but it left a great impression. The room was spacious and clean. They even left a post-it (preprinted) to tell me that!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Everything you need, and a very pleasant helpful staff. Booked a room here while in transit across Pennsylvania and needed to ride out the weather (Sandy) for the night. All the facilities one would need are there, it's three minutes, at most, from the center of college-town, and 10 minutes from the big box stores on the business road. If you're bar-hopping in downtown then it might be a bit of a walk but if you want a little quiet, this is perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel was ok...for a hotel in the Hilton family I was surprised how dingy it was. It could use an update. Room could have been cleaned better...carpet looked as if it hadn't been vacuumed in quite some time. Bathroom was clean and beds were comfortable. Luckily this was just a business trip...I would not bring my family here for a visit. Could hear everything in the hallway at all hours...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sceclhx, Manager at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent business stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I have shared your comments our housekeeping staff and we are working to prevent this from being a recurring issue in the future. I am glad to hear you found your bed comfortable and bathroom suitable and I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Stefan Cherinka
Branchport, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for four days recently while I had a class at Penn State. The hotel is near Penn State campus, and was a mile away from my destination. You can almost walk downtown where the restaurants and shops are located.
Customer service here was fine but the rooms and hallways are in need of upgrades. And the windows don't open. The beds are okay but only having a duvet when it's in the 70s didn't work for me. The rooms have extra outlets and USB ports which is nice. The only close restaurant is Damon's, a chain that is a sports bar with mostly bar food and beer. Go downtown for better ethic food.

Room Tip: Don't get a room behind Damon's or else you're dealing with dumpster noise and smell, pl...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sceclhx, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and it will certainly help when our next renovation is planned. We are glad to hear our location was convenient for your activities in the area and we hope you will return to see our improvements should your travels bring you back to the area in the future.

Steven Morgan
State College, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I am a hilton honors member. Although i really love hampton inns, this is the worst one i have stayed in. The first room they gave me smelled like stong cleaning fluid. I asked for another room. They gave me one that smells stongly of urine. I didnt want to complain a second time but endured a night of the horrific smell. Obviously it wasnt cleaned.

Room Tip: If you want a clean hotel room dont go here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sceclhx, General Manager at Hampton Inn State College, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your stay. I do apologize that the rooms were not up to your expectations. We take our cleanliness very seriously as you can see from many previous posts and we will address the problems you mentioned in the two rooms you experienced. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further concerns.

Stefan Cherinka
814-231-1590
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The best pillows and comforters ever! The bed was so comfy, I could've stayed in it all day. The room was super clean. The check-in staff was friendly and offered us cookies and bottled water. We liked that there was a restaurant in front of the property which was perfect for a late night appetizer and drink.

• Stayed October 2012
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Stayed 1 night for a wedding that was walking distance to the hotel. The room was very nice, well furnished, and with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was on the smaller size but good, clean, and functional so no complaints. Common areas of the hotel looked modern and recently redone. The hotel is a very short drive to the downtown areas of PSU though there's not much right at the hotel other than a Damon's. The only negative I'd bring up was that the room wasn't very sound proof and it was pretty easy to hear other guests in the hallway, could be an issue if you're a real light sleeper and there's a lot of people coming and going later at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn State College? Share your experiences!