“Days Inn stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Days Inn stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have always stayed at this hotel when visiting my son at Penn State. The location is great. The service and the front desk staff are very accommodating, The rooms are always clean. The only negative point is ... on a game day weekend the prices are ridiculous. The rate they charge you would think your staying at the Four Seasons. I would highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
statecollegePADips, General Manager at Days Inn Penn State, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for having taken the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Penn State. We greatly appreciate your comment regarding the cleanliness of our hotel, the staff strives hard daily to provide a clean and comfortable room for our guests. We certainly understand your comment regarding the rates in State College for football weekends and you will find that our hotel is many times one of the more affordable options in the market. We hope that you enjoyed the game and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I chose the Days Inn for proximity to Penn State University. The biggest plus is you can walk to campus from the hotel. We were attending an event and found parking on campus is an issue.

The room was clean and not in bad shape at all. I think I have a view of a very bad Days Inn I stayed in years ago. We never heard our neighbors and slept pretty well. The lobby is nice. All in all, a good stay. There is no continental breakfast at this hotel. But you can walk to a Panera and there was another coffee shop nearby as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for having taken the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Penn State. We appreciate your positive comments being a "Top Contributor" on TripAdvisor. We strive hard daily to provide a clean and friendly hotel for our guests and we often hear the words "Pleasantly surprised" when guests arrive at our Days Inn in State College. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Lexington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

All in all it was a good weekend, initially I was to receive a KING suite with a couch wit a hide away bed and a roll out cot, since there were four of us to be in the room. I arrived early(10:30 am) to be told that the room was not ready, so I checked my bags and went to a work appointment. I came back and was put into a king bed room with nothing else and was horrified. I called the front desk and was pretty much told TS and that they would reduce the rate (from an inflated 399 for FB weekend) by 50.00. Extremely pissed, I went to the front desk where the young man who had seen me in the am spoke with me and then went back behind closed doors with the manager for several minutes. He came back and at this they produced another room with two double beds at a reduced rate to 250.00 per room night for both rooms, so at this point I was somewhat relieved, since I had two of the three friends arriving within the hour. After this experience, everything else was positive, the restaurant is great, the bar part was fantastic and the festival atmosphere was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for having taken the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Penn State. We aplogize that your initial experience was a bit bumpy. I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs. It sounds as if you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and your time in our award winning restaurant, Mad Mex. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Huntsville, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was very disappointed in my recent visit to this Days Inn. I normally work at night, so I at least need enough Internet bandwidth to check email and some browsing, but this Days Inn didn't even have that. I asked them to reset the router, but that also didn't help. I ended up having to use my phone's cellular data instead of their wifi.

In addition, the rooms were old and had not been updated, The air conditioner in my room was extremely noisy, sounding like it was about to fly apart.

Not a good experience. I was supposed to stay here 3 nights, but I found another hotel and left after 1 night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for having taken the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Days Inn Penn State. I am sorry to hear that we appear to have fallen extremely short of your expectations. We are in the process of spending over $2 million dollars on renovations and technology upgrades. All of our guests rooms have been updated, with only a small amount of rooms remaining to have their vanities areas updated. I can only assume you must have stayed in one of these rooms. We would have gladly relocated you to an area of the hotel where renovations are completely finished and where your internet device would have received a stronger signal. Perhaps you would be kind enough to allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Been to Days Inn Penn State? Share your experiences!