“Very very average” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 26 hotels in State College
Corning, New York
“Very very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Skip it and book elsewhere if you can. I dont get why these hotels use dark shades for bedding (doesnt show if its not cleaned?) I didnt know if the sheets/comforter was changed after the previous person checked out. Bathroom was clean though. Not clean, but it was ok for one night on our way elsewhere. Would not stay here for more an a night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was not perfect. It is my hope that you will give us another try. Please contact me personally when booking your next stay.

308 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Osceola Mills
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stayed here many times and usually have excellent service and a clean room. This stay was poor due to non functioning shower. I didn't have time in the morning to wait on a repair. I informed the check out person of the problem aand she didn't even offer a apology discont or anything. she just explained shewould notify mmaintenance.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I am so terribly sorry to learn that your last stay was anything less than perfect. I can certainly understand your frustration with a non functioning shower. It is very embarrassing to learn that my staff was not sympathetic to your situation. I immediately met with the front desk team. The emphasis was on providing a positive guest experience and customer service. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. Because of your comments, we had an opportunity to repair the shower. Again, thank you. It is my hope that you will continue staying with us. Please contact me personally when booking your next reservation.
Garnet Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at several PSU hotels. For the money, this is the best buy. Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable. Perfect place to rest and save alittle money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for the positive comments on your stay. Clean and comfortable is definitely our motto and the standard we work very hard to achieve.
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed here twice now and have been happy both times. I found the staff good-natured and friendly and the accommodations clean and well- maintained. I usually read the worst reviews of places, books, movies, etc. to compare with my own impressions, and I could hardly believe that anyone would raise objections to this Super 8.
Admittedly, I am not known for being observant, but it seemed that some people who wrote bad reviews took a magnifying glass and inspected every inch and nook and cranny looking for something to complain about.
Normally I don't travel with pets, but since I had a cat euthanized two weeks before my trip, I didn't want to leave my second cat alone, as he was still grieving and depressed. I was AMAZED at the fantastic price for keeping my cat with me. It was $25 for the ENTIRE stay. If he had caused damage or there was extra cleaning required, there would have been an extra $100, which seems reasonable to me. One morning I awoke and discovered he had vanished and I was afraid somehow he had gotten out, even with the doors closed. I looked everywhere and couldn't find him. Had someone catnapped him? I was afraid he was lost forever. I stepped into the hall and explained the situation to the housekeeper. She offered to help me search in the room, though I had already looked everywhere. She seemed to be an expert at knowing every hiding place of scared pets, and she found him wedged between the headboard and the wall. I wish to thank this person from the bottom of my heart. She was kind and sympathetic and took time from her cleaning duties to help a frantic customer find a scared cat.
As for people who complain that Super 8 doesn't offer a lavish breakfast and lament that there is no longer a Perkins next door, I would remind everyone about America's obesity epidemic and suggest it might not be such a bad thing to eat more simply on occasion.
I'm totally thrilled with anyplace that offers fresh coffee 24/7 and I plan to stay here whenever I'm in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for sharing your generous comments on your stay at the Super 8 in State College, Pa. We do take great pride to deliver a positive guest experience. The housekeeping staff member was delighted to help you in your time of need. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

First time staying in State College, am staying weekly for a while and needed some place affordable and clean; this hotel is exactly it. The staff is friendly and professional, helpful when needed and the breakfast supplied is perfect for that quick bite before starting the day. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TSilfies, General Manager at Super 8 State College, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for the generous compliments. We are very happy to have you as our weekly guest. Your continued loyalty is greatly appreciated. Again, thank you.

Been to Super 8 State College? Share your experiences!