“Unfortunate experience.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clem's Roadside Bar and Grill

Clem's Roadside Bar and Grill
1405 S Atherton St, State College, PA 16801-6210 (Formerly Clem's Wood-Fired BBQ)
814-238-2333
Cuisines: Barbecue
Cincinnati, OH, United States
“Unfortunate experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been waiting to write this review for a few months now, because I have been waiting for an apology or some type of outreach from the owner. We had Clem's cater our wedding, and our food was delivered 2 hours late. It was cold, and the presentation was really very poor. The young men serving wore tank tops and ripped shorts that hung low. They were willing to put t-shirts on that my cousin gave them. It was clear that it was not the fault of the young men, and that this happened because of clear lack of leadership. My husband and I were embarrassed about the food, but thankfully our guests were sweet and knew it was not our fault. The food tasted fine. Cold, but fine. Wedding days are supposed to be special, and this service was so poor. When companies screw up, they're supposed to apologize or at least return your emails. Nothing happened the way that it was supposed to with our catering experience, though. I don't want to destroy Clem's reputation, but I also want Clem's to improve their service so that future couples can just enjoy their one and only wedding day. Catering should not take away from their day. It seems like many people have had great experiences, we just wish we could say that we did too. We trusted the owner just a little too much. We never got that apology, by the way.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“You have to try them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fall off the bone tenderness with a BBQ sauce that adds to the already fantastic flavor of the ribs.
It is a necessary stop every time we are passing by on I-80 to pick up racks to take with us.

Visited August 2013
“Fantastic catering for our wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Clem's BBQ catered our wedding and helped to make it a wonderful celebration of love and life. The food was top-notch delicious! We received so many complements from our guests... for both the bbq and the vegetarian option. Well done! The service was fantastic as well... they helped to organize the flow of tables coming to the buffet line and also cleaned up the plates/tables after people were done. Very professional. The portions were generous and everyone was well fed.

Clem's was such a great part of our wedding day, so we were super happy to hear that we could order up some of their divine bbq at Tussey Mtn to celebrate our 1 year anniversary.

Thanks for the wonderful food and memories!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellefonte
“Great BBQ, Great People and a Great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been a fan of Clem's BBQ for a long time. I visited them when they were in the Spring Mills location and now that they're at Tussey Mountain, I'm sure to visit them more!

It's hard to find great BBQ catering that is worthy of 5 stars. Clem's manages to bring that 5 star quality every time I order some of that delicious BBQ. The prices are great and the serving sizes allow me to take home leftovers.

Overall they have fantastic food, fast and friendly service and a much better location now.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
State College, Pennsylvania
“Made my day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have long enjoyed Clem's BBQ in State College and was delighted to learn that they had opened a catering service. We chose Clem's to cater our wedding in May 2013 (not the same wedding described below...), and they were a great choice. The operation is very casual, and the food was fantastic - especially for the price! They generously packed up the leftovers for us to take home. The BBQ was authentic and delicious, and their vegetarian options are excellent! They even put together some great appetizers for us, and customized some dishes to leave out things like flour and sugar (for guests with food sensitivities).

There was one food item that we ordered that didn't make it to the event, but the staff quickly re-tabulated the invoice and none of the guests even noticed the missing food (there was PLENTY to go around).

• Visited May 2013