“Tasty, but they forget things” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
“Tasty, but they forget things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The location is central and I love that they're open late, but service is lacking. Granted, they deal with a lot of drunk people, but the service was inattentive. Unfortunately, they also forgot some of the toppings I requested on my pita and I didn't notice until the person serving me had disappeared into the back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Pennsylvania
“There are better places”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My pita was okay, but the staff wasn't very friendly and the place felt run-down and dirty. The prices are pretty good though, and we were quick in and out.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
sparta, nj
“Pita pit is the pits....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This place has great potential. A white or whole wheat pita stuffed with all kinds of tasty ingredients. I ordered four for our group: gyro, souvlaki (supposed to be served with spinach), falafel, and chicken. The first three pitas were standard ones ($5 - comes with fixed toppings - all supposed to have cucumber) and the last was "CYO" ($6.50) - create your own where you could select any toppings. AFTER I paid and was having my pitas assembled I was told they were out of cucumbers and out of spinach (this on a quiet Sunday afternoon). The pitas were marginally palatable - unfortunately the frozen falafel that they supposedly cooked on the grill was cold. Yuck. Sorry....$27 for this was a big rip off. Better choice would have been Chipotle where they have pretty much standardized the production of burritos, salads, and tacos. One of the assemblers was very nice and the other was fairly uncivilized especially when I wondered why he hadn't told me about the absence of cukes and spinach when I ordered. They do put on plastic gloves for the assembly which is to be commended (there in ranking poor instead of terrible). Sorry Pita Pit if you want people to partake of your pitas you need to step it up.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Limerick, Pennsylvania
“Nice twist on a philly cheese steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I came here with my friend, and it was hidden back on Calder Ave, but it was well worth the search. They have plenty of predefined choices and but you have unlimited amount of choices what you want; like i never had a philly cheese steak on pita bread before, it had a different taste to it, and I actually prefer that now. Thumbs up!

Visited November 2011
“Poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012 via mobile

I wouldn't waste my time going back. Food was average but the pita was thrown together. I could have probably made a better pita at home. The guy that waited on me made me never want to go back. It was the first time I'd been there and I was treated like I was stupid. Overall, not worth it.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere