“I could live at this hotel full time!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in State College
Kitchener, Canada
“I could live at this hotel full time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Walk in on the way home to Canada from Hershey. Room rate was $109 for the night which was lower than the AAA rate! Beautiful suites with double beds and a pull out couch in the room. Large flat screen tv and plenty of channels. Complimentary water bottle in the room as well. Microwave, fridge, coffee maker and ironing supplies in the room as well. Breakfast was huge and delicious! Eggs, sausages, waffles, cereal, toast, pastries and much more! Free wi-fi worked well and the pool/hot tub was well received by the kids. Clock radio was also an Iphone charger. Bathroom and supplies were very good and really clean. Would definitely stay here again! Olive Garden and Outback Steakhouse on site, Cracker Barrel across the street as well. Down the street was Kohls, Target, Dicks and Wegmans.

• Stayed March 2013
Mark B, Manager at SpringHill Suites State College, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello hallidaze,

This review is phenomenal! Thank you, we really appreciate the time and consideration you took in writing it. To complement our newly renovated guestrooms and public areas we have been experimenting with our breakfast display and menu choices. We are glad to read that you and your family enjoyed our offerings, as well as the location of our property. Having neighbors like the Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse, Target, and a Super Walmart are a definite plus. The next time you travel through State College, please give us a visit. Thank for your business.

Property Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past on business and have always had a great expierence with cleanliness and the hotel staff is right on target. Victoria @ front desk is very pleasant and very helpful in answering questions for local restaurants etc. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, Manager at SpringHill Suites State College, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello Glenn C,

Thank you for your review and positive feedback. Victoria certainly does a wonderful job at the Front Desk. I will be sure to congratulate and thank her for a job well done. Thank you again. We hope to see you soon.

DeWitt, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We recently stayed at the SpringHill Suites in State College and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Our room/suite was large and nicely decorated. The breakfast met all our expectations and more. We enjoyed the pool which is not large, but pristine and provided good exercise. Best of all was our hostess, Shannon. She checked us in and was there when when we checked out. All of the staff was friendly and cordial. With a senior discount, this was a tremendous value.

This is our second stay at a SpringHill and both have been very enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mark B, Manager at SpringHill Suites State College, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello Dale_Dailey,

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your positive review. It is wonderful to read that Shannon did such a great job! She is an invaluable member of our team. I will be sure to congratulate, and thank her for representing our property in such a positive way. Thank you for staying with us, and please come again.

Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our 1st time staying in a Spring Hill Suites location. We live locally and stayed 1 night. The room was a good size and felt very cozy. The shower pressure was great which is normally something we are usually dissapointed in when we travel. We also enjoyed the pool and whirlpool area since it was very clean and the whirlpool water was hot. I agree with a previous post that the TV was in an awkward spot. Because of this stay we will seek out this chain when we travel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark B, Manager at SpringHill Suites State College, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello Russell-UP,

We would like to thank you for your positive review, and for staying with us in general. It is our pleasure to read that our property made such an impression on you that you will now seek out other SpringHill properties when you travel. I will share this information with my staff as I am sure they too will be delighted to know. Next time you and your family are looking to get away from the house for a weekend or a day-cation, please do give us a visit.

Montoursville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

In State College for a one night stay with my daughter and her best friend and her mother for a cheer competition at the Bryce Jordan Center. Though I only live 45 minutes away, the other Mom lives in Pittsburgh. We take opportunities like this to meet up and spend some time with our PSU kids!

Booked the hotel on Priceline and got a very good rate. I've seen some negative reviews lately (I always hit TA after/before booking to see what I'm in for), but all were non-existant in this case.

Check-in: The staff were very welcoming, informative and very friendly upon my 2:30 p.m. check-in. The lobby was clean with coffee and tea available at all times. Not sure what was behind the "black curtain"; maybe the Wizard of Oz??? Or maybe something a little less adventurous like construction equipment or similar. I'll never know because it didn't bother me and it was, after all, I'm sure hidden for a reason.

Room: Headed up to our top floor room. Very clean, no smells and comfortable. The two double beds were perfect for our evening, and having the separate living area was nice as well. It's great to be able to sit and watch TV or eat and NOT have to do it on your bed! Bathroom felt a little small, but nothing we couldn't deal with. Room had all of the normal amenities and also came with a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Furniture: desk and chair, pull out couch, coffee table, two double beds and a bedside table. As it turns out, due to the inclement weather, another college student ended up bunking with us for the evening. The pullout was perfect.

Included breakfast: Due to construction, breakfast was being served in the "Jefferson Room". A meeting room to the right hall off the lobby. The attendant, I believe her name was Olga (what a beautiful girl!) was very meticulous over the food and supplies. She kept everything stocked and was handy to answer any questions you may have and was overall charming. Items available included, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bagels, pastries, english muffins, juices, milks, waffles (blueberry and regular), fresh fruit, cereal and a variety of condiments. Was great and an awesome value add to the price of your room.

Pool/Hot Tub: The pool seemed nice and clean those myself and the other Mom did not partake. It's small but gets the job done. The hot tub was enjoyed by our three college students. They had alot of fun. The area was well kept and convenient located right off the lobby.

Parking: lots

Access: the hotel is easily accessed right off the highway. A quick 5 min and you can be at Beaver Stadium, Bryce Jordan Center and the heart of PSU.

Close restaurants: Outback Steakhouse and Cracker Barrel. A mile down the road you hit N. Atherton and there are tons of restaurants and stores (super Walmart, Best Buy etc). You won't starve.

All in all, this was a great place to stay. Top notch.

Weill stay again.

Room Tip: We had room 403.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mark B, Manager at SpringHill Suites State College, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello pamzanski,

We would like to thank you for your amazing review of our property! It truly is wonderful reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel has undergone a number of renovations, including new tile and carpeting, wall vinyl, and new furniture in our guestrooms, lobby area, and fitness center. Currently, our breakfast area is still due for a full makeover. This is why, as you noted, we have curtains up in that particular area of the hotel.

Our management team would also like to thank you for recognizing the hard work of our staff. Olga is a wonderful member of our team, friendly, dedicated and highly motivated. I will be sure to inform her of your mentioning of her by name, as well as your positive review. We look forward to having you stay with us again, and the opportunity to thank you in person.

Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was my first visit to this property. The room was nice sized and very clean. The only issue I had with the room was the placement of the TV. I was not able to lay in bed and watch TV because it was placed in the sitting area and there was a wall blocking my view. Now for the real issues. The hotel lobby was under construction. Had I known this was taking place I would not have booked my stay at this property. When I arrived there was a cloud of dust in the lobby and hallway leading to the elevator from the workers removing ceramic tile on from the floor. It probably was not a good idea to be breathing this dust. Safety was a concern for the guest in my opinion but the workers nor the hotel staff seemed to give this much thought. I had to squeeze past workers laying tile in front of the elevator to get into the elevator. When I tried to leave the hotel later that evening the workers were painting the ceiling with a roller which I had to stay out of their way in order not to get paint all over me. Two hotel employees, who I believe one of which was hotel GM, walked past me while I was standing there awaiting safe passage and never said a work about me have to wait there to exit the hotel. The worker looked at me and continued to paint making wait for him to finish. The next moring when I exited the elevatior the workers were chipping old ceramic tile from the floor in my direction. Pieces of tile were hitting me as I walked by. I could not go a different way because they were working in the hall which led to the breakfast area. Upon checkout, I mentioned all this to the front desk supervisor and all he did was smile and say I'm sorry you were not happy with your stay. He did not really seem to care. I'm sure he was just tired of the concerns guest were mentioning to him because I was not the only unhappy guest that morning. I hope with the new lobby will also bring a new attitude from the hotel staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mark B, Manager at SpringHill Suites State College, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello timlev1,
First I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay. We understand that when guests stay with us they are looking to have a stress free stay, and the opportunity to relax. Renovations can be an inconvenience, and so we attempt to minimize guest exposure as best as possible. It appears that in your case we have fallen short. All your comments and suggestions have been reviewed and noted by me and the rest of our management team. In response we will increase our efforts to assure a more pleasing stay. I would also like to apologize for your feeling overlooked by members of our staff. It is most likely the case that they thought you were simply watching the renovation process (as many guests have done), and were unaware, that in fact, you were waiting for safe passage. We will discuss these issues with our staff, as we do not want future guests having the same experience. Friendly, attentive and efficient service is always are aim. Please feel free to contact me directly in order to further address you concerns. Thank you for your honest review.

Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was my first trip to State College and I wanted to stay with my favorite hotel chain, but this was a mistake on my part. The room was typical Springhill which was fine, but it was downhill from there. The AC/Heating unit was brutally noisy. Housekeeping asked me if I wanted my room cleaned, REALLY you have to ask. The toilet didn't work properly and received zero attention even after telling them. The microwave and the coffee maker were missing parts. A glass I used was never replaced with a clean one. I was not greeted as a member, and when the person checking me in discovered my rating, all he said was I see you travel a bit. I don't expect much coming and going, but I expect a bit more from a hotel I actively seek out to stay at whenever possible. There are other hotel brands of this one both within walking distance and a short ride and next time here I sadly will head to one of those.

Room Tip: I stayed right across from the elevator, not my normal spot but it was fine, the AC in the room was...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ryan_Hurtack, Manager at SpringHill Suites State College, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Hello wkrupa,

I want to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay at the Springhill Suites. I appreciate the feedback and will be personally looking into all of your concerns in order to remedy them as soon as possible. We are currently undergoing a complete renovation of the hotel and urge you to give one of our beautiful new guest rooms a try.

Thank You!

Ryan Hurtack, Assistant General Manager

Been to SpringHill Suites State College? Share your experiences!