“Happy Easter” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 26 hotels in State College
United States
“Happy Easter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed for a second time at this property. Close to Family we visited. Nice Restaurant/Bar staff. Made recommendation on wine. will go back again. GREAT beds very comfy. Like the fitness center, need to add free weights not just the machine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

growell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn State College, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal customer and your feedback regarding your most recent stay. I will also share your nice comments to our restaurant staff and will look forward to welcoming you back to State College.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very clean, nice room, good staff - close to College. Staff was friendly and welcoming. Good location for Penn State events. Room was large - large enough for 3 adults and it was nice that it had a microwave and fridge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I was pleased to hear you had a good experience at our hotel. A clean room, freindly staff and accomodations that meet your needs is the goal of all our staff. Hope to see you again!
Cullman, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great Beds, Clean Rooms, Food, Business Center, Fitness Center, and an EXTREMELY helpful staff . . . what more could you ask for???
I met my son in State College for a weekend (business and pleasure); he flew in on a red-eye, so arrived WAAAAY earlier than I did. The hotel staff went out of their way to get a room ready for him much earlier than check-in time, allowing him to catch some much-needed sleep before my arrival much later that evening. I will MOST definitely stay here again when I return to State College.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
growell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn State College, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Happy to hear you felt our staff went out of their way and you enjoyed your stay with us.The greatest compliment is that you will stay with us again! Thank you.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is located within 1.24 miles of the Bryce Jordan Center and the football stadium... Easy access to 'downtown', lots of area restaurants. Room was clean and a nice size. Good size parking lot and lit well. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. We have received many positive comments on our location and sevices and appreciate you staying with us.
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were up for Thon and ended up unable to get into the BJC ! The manager allowed us to extend our checkout time and I was able to thaw out in the hot tub after standing in 13 degree temperatures trying to get into THON. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The restaurant was good , the room was clean and comfortable and the pool was an added bonus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
growell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn State College, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I was pleased to hear that our staff went the extra mile to make your stay exceed your expections. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you at the THON events next year!
Canal Fulton, Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Feb 10th, 2013. I found the staff to be friendly, and the room clean, comfortable and spacious. My room had a fridge, microwave and coffemaker, I only took advantage of the fridge but it was nice to know the other options were there as well.There is a restaurant/bar on the premises and the service was excellent but I found the food options to be minimal, and expensive. It's location was perfect, close to many different types of restaurants and stores. If I'm ever in the area again I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Happy to hear you enjoyed your recent visit at our hotel. Thanks for taking the time to let us know you appreciated a clean and comfortable stay! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel! So clean and staff very nice. It also had many little touches the hotels in similar price bracket did not have. For example, every room has coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The shower curtain is the rounded curtain that gives extra space. The mattresses are the special 'garden sleep' beds, so that you can choose your preference of pressure (I personally chose the soft setting and loved it! My sister chose the firm setting on her bed and had similar satisfaction). The soap and shampoo are bath and body works brand, definitely didn't dry my skin like most cheap hotel room products and smelled amazing! The hotel staff tells you upfront that the clean the bedspreads between every guest, huge plus! Didn't have to worry about my inner germaphobe coming out when I sat down on the bed. The tv is a flat screen hd, with complimentary hbo!! All hotel guests get free wifi! As if all that isn't enough, on to the rest of the hotel........
Free 24 hour coffee in the lobby if you don't feel like brewing your own, and it is delicious! 24 hour pantry with snacks and toiletries. Awesome gym on first floor. Pool and hot tub on first floor I didn't use but looked great. Also, restaurant and room service also available although I did not use these either.
From now on, I will always stay at Hilton garden inns. I was previously a Hampton inn loyalist, but this hotel has five me many reasons to change my loyalties. Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments on our hotel services and facilities. We appreciate your business and will look forward to your return.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn State College? Share your experiences!