“Best place to stay in State College!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now & Save upto 25%
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in State College
Cullman, Alabama, United States
“Best place to stay in State College!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great Beds, Clean Rooms, Food, Business Center, Fitness Center, and an EXTREMELY helpful staff . . . what more could you ask for???
I met my son in State College for a weekend (business and pleasure); he flew in on a red-eye, so arrived WAAAAY earlier than I did. The hotel staff went out of their way to get a room ready for him much earlier than check-in time, allowing him to catch some much-needed sleep before my arrival much later that evening. I will MOST definitely stay here again when I return to State College.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
growell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn State College, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Happy to hear you felt our staff went out of their way and you enjoyed your stay with us.The greatest compliment is that you will stay with us again! Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is located within 1.24 miles of the Bryce Jordan Center and the football stadium... Easy access to 'downtown', lots of area restaurants. Room was clean and a nice size. Good size parking lot and lit well. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review. We have received many positive comments on our location and sevices and appreciate you staying with us.
Flourtown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were up for Thon and ended up unable to get into the BJC ! The manager allowed us to extend our checkout time and I was able to thaw out in the hot tub after standing in 13 degree temperatures trying to get into THON. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The restaurant was good , the room was clean and comfortable and the pool was an added bonus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
growell, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn State College, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
I was pleased to hear that our staff went the extra mile to make your stay exceed your expections. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you at the THON events next year!
Canal Fulton, Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Feb 10th, 2013. I found the staff to be friendly, and the room clean, comfortable and spacious. My room had a fridge, microwave and coffemaker, I only took advantage of the fridge but it was nice to know the other options were there as well.There is a restaurant/bar on the premises and the service was excellent but I found the food options to be minimal, and expensive. It's location was perfect, close to many different types of restaurants and stores. If I'm ever in the area again I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Happy to hear you enjoyed your recent visit at our hotel. Thanks for taking the time to let us know you appreciated a clean and comfortable stay! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was a fantastic hotel! So clean and staff very nice. It also had many little touches the hotels in similar price bracket did not have. For example, every room has coffee maker, fridge and microwave. The shower curtain is the rounded curtain that gives extra space. The mattresses are the special 'garden sleep' beds, so that you can choose your preference of pressure (I personally chose the soft setting and loved it! My sister chose the firm setting on her bed and had similar satisfaction). The soap and shampoo are bath and body works brand, definitely didn't dry my skin like most cheap hotel room products and smelled amazing! The hotel staff tells you upfront that the clean the bedspreads between every guest, huge plus! Didn't have to worry about my inner germaphobe coming out when I sat down on the bed. The tv is a flat screen hd, with complimentary hbo!! All hotel guests get free wifi! As if all that isn't enough, on to the rest of the hotel........
Free 24 hour coffee in the lobby if you don't feel like brewing your own, and it is delicious! 24 hour pantry with snacks and toiletries. Awesome gym on first floor. Pool and hot tub on first floor I didn't use but looked great. Also, restaurant and room service also available although I did not use these either.
From now on, I will always stay at Hilton garden inns. I was previously a Hampton inn loyalist, but this hotel has five me many reasons to change my loyalties. Thanks Hilton!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind comments on our hotel services and facilities. We appreciate your business and will look forward to your return.
Alexandria, Virginny, USandA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Best part about this trip--I had a non-smoking room, and detected absolutely no trace of smoke in the room. This is a major, major plus, and is outside the norm for similar hotels I've stayed in.

Free cookies at the front desk--nice.

Lobby "pavilion" selling soda, snacks, etc. I bought a soda, having recently been at the JW Marriott in San Francisco where the same drink was more than $5. Not so here, only $2. That's fifty cents more than the soda machine down the hall, but surprisingly less expensive than I anticipated.

Nice gas fireplace in the lobby, which was very nice, given that it was 5 outside when we arrived on a dark January night.

Ample parking.

Clean room, and believe me, I notice this. Clean floor, bathroom, dresser drawers, surfaces, etc. Nice and clean, and smelled clean.

Big flat-screen TV and remote that actually worked. No PPV channels or other interactive options. Limited cable selection, with HBO and a few others. Passable TV selection, but more or less what I expected for this level of hotel.

Front desk staff very helpful and accommodating. First night I was awakened at 2:45am by very loud next-door neighbors, with non-English conversation and lots of very loud (and awful) music. One call to the front desk, and an immediate call to the room from the management had the problem fixed--thank you.

Watch the housekeepers, though. They hit the rooms early, before 8:00. On checkout day, I hung the "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door. And sure enough, about 10:00, with no knock at all, and despite the sign, the lady swiped my door and let herself right on in. Before I could speak she asked me abruptly if I was leaving. Before I replied I reminded her it's customary for the housekeeping staff to knock and then wait before entering guest rooms. That way, if someone is, say, stark naked, they might have some warning, and, uh, privacy. Oh, yeah, she was totally sorrry for that, but was, you know, in a really big hurry to get her work done. Plus for tenacity; minus for warning.

And then I pointed out to her the Do Not Disturb sign and pointed out, again, that it is customary for the housekeeping staff to first notice and then honor signs such as that which the guests put on their doors because they do not wish to be disturbed. Again it was how busy she was and how funny it was that she'd been doing that all day the day before and a couple of times that day and blah--no apology. Plus for energy; minus for not actually listening to, y'know, the customer.

Bottom line: nice hotel, rooms and amenities, but some over-zealous staff might need to be pulled back a tad.

Room Tip: The elevator is in the middle of the block, so ask for rooms at either end.