“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in State College
PA
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

We stayed here in February 2009 while visiting the Penn State campus. This hotel is located just off-campus and in a business complex. The hotel was very nice, clean, and new. The hotel rooms were not large, but very comfortable and the furnishings looked in new condition. The hotel was quiet at night. For $89 a night, it was a great deal.

Stayed February 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

Great hotel for price. Modern and clean and new. The beds are wonderful and the decor is very New York.

Only complaint is that the walls are very thin - like a dorm - and you can hear all hallway noise.

Stayed September 2008
San Diego, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

We attended a family wedding in State College and stayed in the Penn Stater for 6 nights. The exterior of the building looks rather institutional but don't let this put you off. From the moment you enter you are treated with respect and made to feel that you are a welcomed guest. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We had 2 packages that had to be shipped to us from across country and they arrived and were delivered to our room. The person who cleaned our room was accommodating and friendly and remembered our names and grew to know our routine so she could get in and out to clean without disturbing us. If I needed something, she left extra. Front desk personnel were helpful and friendly. Shuttle service into town was a great plus when you didn't want to drive. This is a wonderful hotel and so comfortable that it made the 6 days feel like I was staying in my own home. Thanks Penn Stater Staff - you're great!!!

• Liked — Large, comfortable
  • Disliked — Not walking distance to town
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Havertown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

I travel frequently for my work, and am often lucky to stay in 4 and 5 star properties. This hotel did not disappoint! I booked this at the last minute over a holiday weekend. The rate was $93, so I was a little cautious about what type of facility it would be and what the service was like.

The lobby was clean, very modern and tastefully decorated. The front desk staff were friendly, efficient and professional. The rooms, like the lobby, were spacious, modern, clean, and extremely well-maintained.

Aside from fluffy perks offered at big city luxury hotels - ie, spa, big fluffy robes and other non-essentials, I didn't see any significant difference between this hotel and one that would charge 3 times the amount.

I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in State College.

• Liked — Price, free parking, modern facility
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2008

Stayed here for two nights for a conference. Check in was fast. Room was very nice. Clean and spacious and recently redecorated I believe. Conference facilities were good and all staff were more than attentive. Restaurant and lounge were also good. Nice selections and decent prices. Overall a great pick for business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Upper Marlboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

I was very pleased with my stay at the Penn State Conf Ctr and Hotel. The hotel was very clean and the decor was very nice. That staff was friendly and always helpful.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

First, I was impressed by the lobby. Beautiful, clean, elegant, even smelled slightly like vanilla and a warm roaring fireplace to greet us from out of the cold.

Very easy to find off the highway, in a lovely and quiet part of town. Great views from the room!

The staff was very friendly. We checked in right away, the next morning when I called to see if they had complimentary toiletries (I had forgotten my toothbrush) they actually brought it right up to the room, without being asked. Amazing!!

The room was gorgeous. I wish my bedroom and bath at home looked this way! Absolutely sparking and pretty.

I like to sleep in a warm room, and I turned up the heat from 72 to 80, it got warm right away. The next day we had a newspaper delivered to the front door. The memory was mattress foam and I don't know the last time I ever slept so comfortably.

There was also a huge, flat screen TV in our room! It was amazing and I couldn't believe how little we had paid to stay there, compared to some other hotels in State College.

I can't say enough good things! I will probably stay there every time I am in town :o)

Stayed January 2007

Been to Penn Stater Conference Center? Share your experiences!