“Clean hotel, comfy bed, average breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in State College
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia
“Clean hotel, comfy bed, average breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here for one night for work. Hotel is right next to other hotels - makes it easy to find. Check-in was fast and friendly. I stayed on the fourth floor, room 428 - which had a king size bed and was located at the end of the hall. Room had chair, desk, flat screen TV, closet. Shower was equipped with shower mat - which was great, since you don't usually get that in other hotels. I didn't get to use the gym, but used the indoor pool. Since I didn't get to the hotel til late at night - i had the pool for myself. It was relaxing to swim a few laps before going to bed. The only downside was the breakfast. It had the usual items like cereal, fruits, toast. The "hot items" were egg patties and sausage patties - both didn't look very appetizing, so i sticked with toast and butter instead. During my travels, i've experienced better complimentary breakfast. Otherwise, clean hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Nicki W, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites. We really enjoy hearing about our guest and your experience during your stay with us! I am glad you took advantage of the pool area and having it to yourself certainly was a plus! I have shared your kind words with all of our staff as well and want you to know that we are working on new ideas for breakfast in hopes to better serve our guest.

On behalf of the entire staff here at Country Inn & Suites we thank you for your business and hope to see you again for any future visits to Happy Valley!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed here 1 night while looking at PSU. Hotel is a little tricky to find since sign is small. We sailed past it but did an about face and easy left into the lot. Check in was super smooth with great front desk staff. Room was spotless. 2 queen beds which was perfect for the 4 of us. Nice decor and well maintained.

Pool is open until midnight which is a huge plus in my book. Hot tub as well.

Hot breakfast. Plenty of food and clean pleasant breakfast room.

Would stay again. Only drawback was the price. the place is not worth 259 a night. This isnt Manhattan. But it was the Blue and White game weekend so economics wins...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again for any future trips to Happy Valley!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed here for the Blue-White weekend. The hotel is clean and very close to Beaver Stadium, making its location great. Upon check in, the hotel has cookies, tea and lemonade all complimentary. They also gave my daughter a small football, which was nice. They also have a free hot breakfast which is complimentary and quite good. The pool area is nice, but the towels are too thin and small. There were many kids in the pool and their parents weren't paying much attention to them running and jumping, so we didn't stay in that area long. The refrigerator in the room didn't work well and didn't keep my daughter's milk cold, so it spoiled. I asked the front desk about it when I noticed it wasn't real cold, but the temp was turned up as high as possible.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites. I apologize for the in-room refridgerator not working properly while you were here. I have shared your feedback with our maintenance department, they are working very diligently to ensure that they are all in working order, and this does not occur again in the future. I do hope that we see you again for any future visits so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations!

All the best,
Country Inn & Suites
Management and Team
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here recently based on TA reviews & proximity to PSU campus. The hotel met all expectations! Check in was friendly & quick. Most importantly, the room & bathroom were clean. Used cardio equipment in the fitness room. Breakfast was good. I usually have oatmeal & fruit. Other available items included eggs, muffins and cold cereal. The heater in the room was quiet.
My only negative comment is that I could hear people talking in the hallway while in my room which was fairly close to the elevator. If this is a big concern, you could request a room near the end of the hall.
I would stay here again w/o hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall might be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nicki W, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel! On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inn & Suites we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Perfect location, it is minutes away from Penn St. We were visiting our daughter for parent's weekend for her sorority.

Check-in was smooth. Pat was super friendly and did his best to reassure me that even though our room was near the elevator, it would be quiet. Well he was right!

The rooms are spotless, comfy and the temperature in the room was very comfortable. The bathroom was super clean and the shower pressure was the BEST!

The fitness center is adequate.

Overall the atmosphere of the hotel was very comftortable and homey. Not a sible complaint.

P.S. The cookies hit the spot! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nicki W, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience with us here at the Country Inn & Suites. I have shared your compliments with Pat and the rest of our staff, they too appreciate hearing our guest feedback. The cookies always seem to be a big hit with our guest and I am glad to hear you are a fan! Take care and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Happy Valley!!
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the room with two queens and a separate living area with a pull out couch. My high school senior slept on the pull out couch and was very comfortable even for being over six feet tall. Best of all, he could watch TV and be on the computer to the wee hours without disturbing myself, my husband and my twelve year old son. The free hot chocolate, coffee and cookies were a welcomed surprise and much needed in the 2 degree day of our visit. The free breakfast was excellent and the food area was well maintained and clean. Overall, a very pleasant visit and we will definitely stay again if need be.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Nicki W, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am really glad you offered your feedback on the pull-out sofa bed for others to see and hear! One of the most common questions we get is "how comfortable are the pull-out sofa beds?"... Since most of us have not slept on our pull-out beds, first hand feedback is hard to come by, now we have a valid reference! Thank you again for choosing Country Inn & Suites and we do hope to welcome you back for your future stays in Happy Valley!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!