“New, Clean, Decent Location - a good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in State College
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Milford, New Jersey
“New, Clean, Decent Location - a good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here with a large family group for two nights. We chose this hotel based on location and that this was a relatively new hotel. And it felt new! Easy access to downtown State College, meaning you're close to dozens of restaurants, some shopping, and the school.

Pros:
- Full breakfast daily. They seem to favor "southern tastes," (e.g., biscuits and gravy, corn-beef hash, etc.) but I will not complain about a free hot breakfast. They had plenty of options.
- Cookies and coffee in the lobby at all times.
- Indoor pool and hot tub that are both open late! Very nice.
- Great beds and pillows.
- Fridge and microwave in each room!

Cons:
- The coffee was very good, but I got a mouthful of grinds at the bottom of every cup.
- Some service was stellar, but a few folks need some practice. One woman at the front desk was extremely helpful, while another guy at the front desk was less than pleasant.

Overall, this was a good, clean option for a great value. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: There is no view to be had and the elevator always comes quickly, so any floor will do.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
D S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thanks for your review of our hotel. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Everything works: breakfast, wireless, bathrooms, friendly and helpful staff. Very good location. Comfortable beds. Direct TV and a lending library. I will choose this place again. In addition, I was here while superstorm Sandy was battering friends and family. I know the front desk had heard many others express concern, but they did not exhibit an attitude of disinterest, no matter how many times they heard it. The management must have GREAT training and respect for customer service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
D S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks for your review. Glad you could stay with us. Hope you got to enjoy the lending library. Lots of good books there. I hope to see you back again in the near future
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with another couple for the PSU vs OSU football weekend in a king suite. The hotel is clean, comfortable and has a great continental breakfast. The staff are friendly and helpful and Dan the shuttle driver was great! The hotel is very close to Beaver Stadium and although we took the shuttle up to the game, we walked home to avoid the chaos/traffic. 5 minutes to downtown PSU.

Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
D S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to mention us. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Dan is a great asset to our team here at The Country Inn and Suites. Please consider us in your future plans when staying in the State College area.
STURTEVANT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed here for the first time. It was very nice, clean, and with helpful staff. When I arrived, because I am member of their reward program, they gave a little bag with a bottle of water, chips, etc. Nice touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
D S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thanks for writing a review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments. Glad to see you are a Club Carlson member. Hope to see you soon.
North Huntingdon, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

A friend and I had an overnight stay here while attending a concert at the Bryce Jordan Center. The hotel was very easy to find and was a perfect place to stay after a concert. I couldn't believe it only took us ten minutes from the time we walked out of the venue until we were back at the hotel.

The front desk staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. The breakfast buffet area was large unlike what I find in some Hampton Inns. The food was above average for a hotel breakfast buffet. They had fresh berries out and cheese, salsa, toppings, etc. for eggs in addition to lots of other items. I mention these because I rarely see them at hotels. They also have cookies in a jar in the lobby.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. I got a good night's sleep which is unusual for me while traveling.

I have a son who will be attending the Penn State main campus next year. I can see us definitely visiting this property again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks for your review of our hotel. Glad we will be seeing you again in the future. Welcome to The State College Country Inn and Suites Family!
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Country Inn & Suites in State College. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was spotless. This location has a nice sized pool and hot tub. The breakfast was better than some hotel chains I have stayed at and it definitely met my needs. You can't beat the value of this hotel. This is the first time I have stayed with this chain and I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
D S, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thanks for writing a review about a hotel. I will share your comments with the entire staff. (the pool and hot tub are my favorite part) Hope to see you soon
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Newer hotel with lots of charm. Accommodations were very nice, well decorated (not your usual sterile hotel boredom) and comfortable beds. The shower had great water pressure and the amenities were brand name. But mainly, the staff were wonderful! We even received a phone call to our room about 15 mins after checking in to make sure that everything was satisfactory. Lots of light, free wireless & a nice floor length mirror to get ready. Very easy 5 minute drive into downtown and PSU. I will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson? Share your experiences!