I stayed here with a large family group for two nights. We chose this hotel based on location and that this was a relatively new hotel. And it felt new! Easy access to downtown State College, meaning you're close to dozens of restaurants, some shopping, and the school.
- Full breakfast daily. They seem to favor "southern tastes," (e.g., biscuits and gravy, corn-beef hash, etc.) but I will not complain about a free hot breakfast. They had plenty of options.
- Cookies and coffee in the lobby at all times.
- Indoor pool and hot tub that are both open late! Very nice.
- Great beds and pillows.
- Fridge and microwave in each room!
- The coffee was very good, but I got a mouthful of grinds at the bottom of every cup.
- Some service was stellar, but a few folks need some practice. One woman at the front desk was extremely helpful, while another guy at the front desk was less than pleasant.
Overall, this was a good, clean option for a great value. I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Country Inn and Suites in State College is the area's newest lodging property, that offers 113 clean, comfortable and consistant accommodations with a touch of home! The hotel features a complimentary hot breakfast, indoor pool and spa, fitness room, and meeting room. We're located just minutes from the Penn State Campus, on College Avenue/Route 26 at the US 322 Intersection. Come be our guest at the Country Inn and Suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Carlson, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.