“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square

You added Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Very average hotel. I have stayed in all the hotels on Williamsburg Square and this was my least favorite. Same price as other hotels in the square but is not nearly as. Nice. Could use updated rooms and bathrooms. Good location.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Afternoon Jaclyn G,

I wanted to thank you for your review and appreciate the feedback you gave. All the hotels in our complex are owned by the same owner, and I know he does his best in keeping them looking fresh and renovated. I will be more than happy to pass along your feedback and I hope you will continue to stay within the hotels in our complex. Have a wonderful weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Middlesex, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

No issues with this location or staff..easy in and out..would recommend to all. Very nice to be recognized as IHG member. Good location for stores and resturants. Room was nice and quite for some sleep that was needed after a long weeks work.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear J6travel,

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope the rest of your trip home went well. Thanks for the review and for choosing to stay with us . Cheers.
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

By far the best holiday inn express we stayed at! My husband had to come for a conference so I tagged along to see the town. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Beds were really comfortable to sleep on. Definitely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Lexus Y,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for reviewing our hotel on trip advisor. I will be sharing your comments with my staff and we hope to see you "tag" along with your husband again next time. Cheers.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

First let me say, I am an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Member (used to be Priority Club) and, so I try to stay at IHG hotels when I can. Rarely have anything negative to say about them. Here's one time I have to. If you book here avoid a room on the first floor, especially one near the side door. Our room was extremely drafty. Sitting on the potty you had to put towels under the door or it would blow right up you-know-where. Yikes! Could not quite figure out where all the draft was coming from (not the window). Since it was extremely cold during our visit to State College, we cranked the heat a bit to compensate for the draft. As a result we alternated from chilly to hot depending on when the heat kicked in. Another negative was the extraordinarily low/short toilet. (To keep this a family evaluation, I won't describe how that feels. Again, yikes!) Maybe we got a room especially for children or very short people.) Really Holiday Inn should get a normal sized commode in there quick. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice looking hotel and the bed was terrific, lots of room and perfectly clean. Nice lobby. Nice reception at the desk. Even got a few extra points when I told them about the drafty room. So i give them 3 stars (could have been less).

Room Tip: Avoid first floor rooms anywhere near the doors.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Bruce1944,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor about your stay with us, and my apologies the room was drafty. I do have my cheif Engineer looking into seeing what we can do as guests do use that door to enter and exit the building. I'm glad you did find the bed comfortable and the room clean and will pass that along to my housekeeping staff. I hope the next time your in State College you wil give us another try, and we will definatly keep you off the first floor. Thanks for being an IHG rewards platinum member.
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Overall a nice place to stay. Convenient to the interstate and college campus. Nice selection of restaurants in the complex and the area.

Hotel staff was very pleasant and accomidating. The only issue I experienced was with the heating system. Either on or off. No fan speed selection and when on, it overtook the TV volume. Not very good for a snooze...

I would stay at this location again. Clean, friendly and a good value.

Room Tip: South end of building provides quick exit to neighboring restaurants.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Jack A,

Thanks for your review of our property, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to see you back the next time your in State College. Have a good week.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The room was spacious. The staff was friendly. The shower head attached to the hose did not remain up so showering was not easy. The water was cold for the third shower in our room. I removed the couch pillow and under the pillow, the area was dirty and there were some food crumbs. Bed was too small for 2 people but good pillow with choice of firm and soft. WiFi code was not readily available. The hot breakfast was good and there were plenty of choices including make your own pancakes.

Room Tip: We were close to elevators and ice machine. I thought it would be noisy but it was fine.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear AGC34,

I just read your review of our property, and wanted to offer my sincerest apologies for the issues you ran into during your stay with us. My staff and I do our best to make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us and apparently we fell a bit short. If you would like to discuss the matter further please feel free to call me at 814-867-1800. Thank you for your review, and I hope you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I booked a 4 night stay at this particular hotel based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. It is located conveniently by a major highway and many restaurants are within a couple of miles. Upon check in I left them know there may be a chance I need to leave early based on issues at work. The front desk associate said everything would be okay and I could even get a late check out if needed. I asked for a high floor room and was given a room on the 4th floor that was very clean and well appointed. I did end up leaving early the next day. The hotel is clean, staff is friendly and the location is excellent. If I have one complaint would be that the grounds were not kept well by the snow removal company. The north east corridor has had a rough winter so some snow is expected but much of the parking lot was still not plowed and the side walks were still covered in snow when I left at 1 pm even though it had stopped snowing hours earlier.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BenJellison, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Afternoon Robbi4729,

I will definitley agree with you regarding all the snow we have gotten, my apologies that our snow removal folks were unable to clear the lots in a timely manner. I know that they have been working as hard as they can to do so. My team works hard to make sure our guests enjoy their stay with us, and I'm happy to hear that you did. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to State College. Have a good weekend.

Been to Holiday Inn Express State College, Williamsburg Square? Share your experiences!