“Great Location and Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in State College
Ithaca, NY
“Great Location and Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

We stayed here when another local chain totally messed up our reservation. The room was half the price of the room at other chain and well worth the mistake. Rooms were clean, well appointed and very quiet, even though we were on the first floor and in a room facing a major local roadway. The Waffle Shop, a local breakfast chain, is located right across the street for a great breakfast. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Loudoun County, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

This Quality Inn was extremely clean, the beds were comfy, and even though it was SWELTERINGLY HOT outside (it stayed around 100 degrees all 4 days I was there), the room was always cool and comfortable, which I very much enjoyed :). It was also very quiet for a "pets-allowed" hotel; I didn't hear a thing! The staff was friendly and the continental breakfast food was always stocked up - didn't matter if I went downstairs at 7:30 am or 9, it was always full. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
york, pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I had to quickly find a place when my son needed his appendix out. I was immediately given a room. It was clean and comfortable, with plenty of pillows and nice soft sheets. I liked having the coffee and teas in my room, and the continental breakfast was excellent. This is a great place for a great price. Love it!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

My husband and I visited this hotel for one evening. We decided to get a room with a king size bed, rather than 2 double beds. When we exited the elevator we realized that our room was right next to the elevator and vending machines. We where in a hurry to catch our show, so we didn't want to have to take the time to change rooms, and by the time we got back we figured it would be late enough that not that many people would be coming in or out and using the vending machines. But, the ice machine made noise all night and you could hear the elevator every time someone came to our floor. Otherwise the room was nice and clean and it wasn't that expensive. If your going to stay here stay away from the king size rooms, as I believe they are all right next to the elevators and vending machines.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
HPischke, GM at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2010
Please accept my sincere apology that your recent stay at our Quality Inn was less than satisfying. We have two (2) King Guestrooms that are located next to the elevator and vending machines. We will explore every option to provide a quieter atmosphere for these rooms and we will immediately inform Guest at check-in that these rooms are in a potential noisy area.

We appreciate your comments and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to accomodate you on your next visit.
Upper Darby, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

We had stayed at this hotel when it was a Motel 6 and it has undergone a significant improvement since joining the Quality Inn chain. We were very pleased with the room size and furnishings, the quality of the breakfast and attentiveness of the staff. Free internet and breakfast make it a great value. Couldn't be closer to Penn State and shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

This is the second time that I've stayed here, and I'm not disappointed that I did. Reservations were made by phone seamlessly. The friendly staff advised that I stay on the third floor away from the dogs on the first floor because of my allergies and that was very helpful. The room was very clean and neat. The renovations that the Quality Inn has made were worthwhile investments.

The well-known "Waffle House" is located conveniently right across the street but the breakfast buffet included with the room is sufficient if you're just trying to get a quick bite and run.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Cartersville GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

I found this motel very clean, quiet, and conveniently located - I would stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!