“Great weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in State College
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Great weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

my family stayed here this past weekend (room 325) for my Nephews Graduation at Penn State, I could not be happier, the beds were very comfortable, the room was very clean, the breakfast selection in the morning was was very good, from eggs to cold cereal ,juice, coffee bacon, sausage, the staff was very friendly upon check in & check out I would most defianately stay here again I was very pleased with our stay. Great Job Keep up the Good Work

Room Tip: the third floor is very quiet because there is no one above you
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HPischke, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Congratulations to your nephew on his recent graduation from Penn State. I am so glad you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and that your room was clean and comfortable. That is what we strive for every day. Nothing makes be happier than to hear that our guests were pleased with our service and that they are planning on returning. Looking forward to seeing you soon! Heidi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

we stayed for one night and got a good deal on room 301. Positives (flat screen, fridge, in penn state, close to restaurants and campus). Good selection for breakfast

our bathroom could be a little cleaner - found hair on the toilet before using the bathroom, the floor tiles were slightly discolored, the tub was a triangle so it was a little awkward to shower and the tub was slightly discolored as well.

great hotel for a budget traveler.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This motel has consistantly been the best in State College. The General Manager, Heidi and Manager, Cinnamon make all their guests feel welcome. It is a biker friendly location and they provided us with great accomidations of special breakfasts and also with great parking spots, water and towels for our bikes. You can't asked for much more than that!

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar and very clean.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HPischke, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
It is always great to see you and the rest of the Mon Valley Hog Group. It is our pleasure to provide you with a great hot breakfast and a secured parking area for you fabulous Harley Davidson Motorcycles. On behalf of myself and the entire staff, thank you for staying with us at the Quailty Inn Penn State. Safe Travels!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Good size room --2 double beds on the first floor. Had a refrigerator in the room and an unexpected plus, a flat screen TV with HDMI inputs. Clean rooms, friendly staff and they take pets. Waffle place across the street as well as a pretty good Asian food (Penang's). The only downside for our stay on the first floor was that a skunk apparently got flatten nearby and smell came into the room was overwhelming. It came from under the door (room 116 and 117 is next to the front door) so when it happened again 2 days later, a towel laid at the bottom of the door helped tremendously.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Very happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly added flat screen televisions. They are especially nice to watch sports on ESPN and the Big 10 Network. We have refrigerators in all of our rooms for your convenience. Please don't risk running into a skunk while heading across the street for breakfast. We offer delicious complimentary hot breakfast to which we have just added a waffle maker. I hope we see you again very soon! Hopefully no skunks this time!
Southeast Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is my first review I've ever written on this website. I was so impressed with my recent stay at this hotel that I wanted to be sure to share it. I usually stay at Marriott's, I've never had an uncomfortable bed in any type Marriott. I was anxious when I found out my employer booked me here. I needed a good night sleep for a school bus safety competition that required attention to details and driving precision early in the morning. If you, like me, are picky about the comfort of the bed - put your fears to rest. The bed was very comfortable. Probably better QUALITY mattress than most school bus drivers have at home. I felt more than well rested, and had no trouble getting up and ready to compete. Next, the staff seemed to care about giving QUALITY service. Unlike a previous comment, they greeted us pleasantly and answered our questions helpfully. We were going to be leaving the hotel before the usual breakfast time and had planned on going elsewhere to eat. When they heard what time we were going to check out, they offered without us saying anything about breakfast, to set up breakfast earlier for us. That is what QUALITY service is about - anticipating someone's needs and caring enough to act to do what you can to help. The hotel was very clean. They apparently allow pets. Other than the basket of doggie biskets - again a QUALITY they provide - in the lobby and actually seeing people with their dogs, I would not have known. There was no evidence of smell, noise or dirtiness because of pets. Another reviewer mentioned smokiness. I am bothered by smoke and did not have any problems. Actually some my co-workers smoke. I was only bothered by their smoke when I was with them outside and sitting in the direction that it blew. Inside no notice of it. It was great that they had a few places away from the building do that. There were several picnic tables located away from each other so that all the smokers in the building did not have to all go to one spot. We were able to go together as a group to study and sit. This was so nice. If there were other groups in the hotel, they would have been able to gather at one of the other sitting areas. I felt safe here. I felt my belongings would be safe. The breakfast was better than most inexpensive hotels, not as good as a Marriott. They definitely had more than the basics. Waffles and regular syrup - that's better than the usual donuts/ continental fare, but no flavoured syrups,whipped cream, nuts, strawberries or blueberries to go on top. I was impressed though that they had 2 waffle irons, not the usual one. They had scrambled eggs and sausage, there was ketchup packets if you wanted, but no salsa or cheese to sprinkle on top. I am not complaining or saying they need to do better, just pointing out why I say it was better than the average lower cost hotels breakfast. I felt that for the price of the room - the QUALITY of the breakfast was excellent. Not everyone want a big breakfast and why make everyone pay for it. If you need fancier - go across the street to the waffle restaurant, or bring some of your own condiments - there is a refrigerator in you room. I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this place to anyone. My stay here has made me rethink if I really need to pay to stay in Marriott on my next trip. I wonder if I would get this QUALITY at any Choice Hotel Location. They should all strive to be like this one. I was already very nervous about my first opportunity to compete in the state school bus safety competition, but your QUALITY INN at State College, PA provided me with the relaxation I needed to get calm, focused and drive well enough to place 7th. In fact everyone in our group finished in the top 20, three in the top 10. Our safety coordinator took 1st place and will go on to the National competition. Thank you.

Room Tip: I would ask the host/hostess which room(s) would accommodate your individual needs best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Congratulations to you and your entire group! Your review made my day! As the manager it is really great to hear that our entire staff is working together to make your stay the Quality experience that you should expect. I am always grateful to read reviews from guests who compliment our propery as well as our staff. Hoping to see you again very soon! Heidi
sparta, nj
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

got AAA rate which was reasonable. room was dated and rather small but neat. grounds were free of pet waste and hotel had bag dispenser for guests to use for pickup. not any grass on premises - all mulched beds but a big field across the street. staff was friendly. only had full size beds for four of us - two adults, 1 college age, 1 teen. a room with two kings would have suited us better. breakfast was okay and got us started for the day. overall - decent place to stay, close to restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago and found check-in uneventful. No cheerful greeting upon arrival which I have found at other hotels in the area. This hotel is lacking in the personal touch. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean. The included breakfast was fair. I've seen much better breakfast buffets. I got this hotel by chance on Hotwire. I would stay again but it wouldn't be my first choice in State College

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
HPischke, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear Corny, Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn Penn State. I appreciate you taking the time to give us valuble feedback. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience and pride ourselves in friendly and courteous staff service. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable, I am only sorry that our staff was not able to project a more welcoming first impression. We will discuss this situation with all the employees and try to embrace a more "welcome to our inn" attitude.
Regarding our complimentary breakfast, we are in the process of some interesting improvements. We are planning to expand the breakfast area to allow more and different foods, as well as a change in the counter area for ease of dispensing and traffic flow. Immediately, we have added two waffle makers to enhance the daily menu for our guests.
Again thank you for your comments. We strive to be your first choice when staying in State College and look forward to having stay with us again soon.
Sincerely, Heidi Pischke, General Manager

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!