“I so miss the glory days of this place” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
“I so miss the glory days of this place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

When I was a college student, the College Diner was THE place to go for great food, especially their famous sticky buns. I can't believe what's become of this place. Dirty, poor service, out of sticky buns, worn out. This place either needs a complete makeover (Gordon Ramsey or Robert Irvine anyone?) or it should just shut its doors.

Visited April 2013

36% Recommend
Herndon, Virginia
“Stickies are still great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Breakfast at the Diner is the same as it's always been! Good eggs and home fries, and the grilled stickies are outstanding! Probably better to start with the sticky and go back to the main meal afterward! Our waiter, Beau, was totally chill and very friendly. When my first cup of coffee tasted off, he was happy to bring me a freshly made cup, and then checked back to make sure it was okay. Thanks Beau!

Visited April 2013
Beachwood, Ohio, United States
“Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Sunday brunch was a little craze. Fortunately we were there before the real mob began. Before 11am you can only get breakfast. A bummer if your with your freshman son who would rather have a hamburger or middle age husband who wants a BLT. Service was slow, Items were sold out even at 10 am. Food was just OK. But the stick buns were great

Visited March 2013
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“What happened?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

The Diner used to be THE place for breakfast in the area. On a recent trip, the food was lousy and undercooked. I'm not sure if we hit it at a bad time or if things have really gone that far downhill.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“People were nice... food was lousy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Sunday morning breakfast. Place was empty. A couple of the staff were doing various jobs getting ready for the breakfast rush.

I can't say the food was good. It was barely edible. My wife had a veggie omelette which came out terribly undercooked. My Greek omelette was OK but the potatoes tasted like they were leftover from the previous night.

To the staff's credit, our server was personable and tried to make it right. He checked with us frequently and kept good coffee in my cup. He took some off the bill for the omelette and had it remade right away.

There is some nostalgia about the diner and how it's a PSU tradition. But I am not sure I will be back until the food improves.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere