“Pretty disappointed from the start” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Berwick PA
“Pretty disappointed from the start”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I came in to the Roadhouse by myself as I am away on business. The hostesess suggested the Bar Area and said I could seat myself. I complied and then proceeded to wait for 20 some minutes until I flagged down a hostess walking by. I asked her who would be waiting on me and she said the bartenders will be right with me. I said, it has been over 20 minutes and she did not respond to me but walked over to the bartenders (who were not very busy and had spent half of the last 20 minutes standing around and talking). One of the bartenders came over and asked for my drink order. No apology was ever given which was disheartening. I have no problem being by myself, but sitting 20 minutes alone before any contact with waiter staff was terrible. My salad came out and was very good. She never offered me rolls which are the best thing there! Finally, I asked her for one when she brought me more water. My food came out very quickly (too quickly as I just got my salad) and was good. I had the 10 oz Prime Rib. The service was much better once I got waited on, but first impression was not good. I am here for 7 days and won't be returning now or any other time I am in State College.

Canton, MI
“Pretty good for a chain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Ate here one night while staying at near-by hotel for business. Sat at the bar and the bartender was very attentive and polite. The food was tasty & hot, the beer cold, and the free peanuts were great.

Mc Lean
“Excellent Prime Rib”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Casual atmosphere, cozy booth, good food, good service. All the ingredients for a fun evening. My prime rib was perfect, sweet potato, salad and green beans were all great.

Hamilton, Canada
“ok for an inexpensive and quick meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

the food is typical roadhouse food, prices were good, delicious margaritas. I had not been to a Texas Roadhouse before, not sure if I would eat there again. Seemed like a great place to watch a game.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas
“A good meal nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food was ok however had too much salt. The server was annoying as she kept coming back too often. I have eaten at other of these restaurants and none of them have been above average and this one's food was on the lower end of average. Lots of other options in State College so I would not go back to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013