“Fine Dining in Delaware County” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Bala Cynwyd, PA
“Fine Dining in Delaware County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Porch at the Lamb is a "dining experience". Great food, good wait staff, nice atmosphere. The new restaurant fare is better than ever. The crusted brie, wonderful, quiche lorraine served with fresh fruit and a cluster of greens with balsamic vinegar. The crab cake was also delicious. All presented as though you were in a 5 star restaurant. We have been there several times and always loved the food. If you are in Delaware County, try the Porch at the Lamb.

Visited January 2013

Bala Cynwyd, PA
“Fine Dining in a Charming Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have visited Lamb's Tavern in Springfield over many years, but recently the Porch opened and the meals have improved 100%. It is the same Inn, all the rooms have been refurbished and the food is the best around. The encrusted Brie is wonderful, the Quiche Lorraine is served elegantly with fresh greens with vinegarette and a nice portion of fresh fruit. The crab cake is made with lump crab meat and presented atop thinly sliced fries. When you order drinks, they ask you what brand of gin or vodka you prefer in your drink which is not usuallly done at other restaurants. Considering the quality of the food, the quality of the wait staff, and the fresh new look, the prices are good. Our lunch for two (we split the quiche), drinks, tea and coffee was under $40. I really enjoy going to the Porch and if you visit that area of Pennsylvania, take an hour or two and enjoy a meal at the Porch at the Lamb.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“SHOCKING!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We decided to have a post Christmas dinner for 5.
Reservations and seating were fine. The drink order and apps were smooth. No problem ordering the mains as our server was very attentive, TO START WITH!!!
As our apps were just being finished the eager young lad bussing the tables rapidly attacked our table stacking the finished plates and clanging the Christmas cutlery directly in front of my wife before removal. I went and talked to our apologetic server about the lad not waiting until we were all done to remove the china and cutlery. She assured me that she would remind him to slow down. NOPE!!! He was right there asking for my parents plates BEFORE they were even done. My Mother had to ask for her calamari back as she still had half of it left! Then our server came over and tried to strike the dishes less then a minute later! I then went to find the manager and quietly explain what had transpired. Whilst assuring her that the food was very good and our server started out perfectly our server came over barging into our conversation. Snapping at me telling me her thoughts on our dining pace. RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!
Of course as our mains were close to end it seemed as if it was a staff joke to attack our table again and leave my mother with a fork full of crab cake and no plate.
Good food!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Pennsylvania
“Good Food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The Lamb Tavern has recently, been redecorated and has opened it's bar area with a new name, "The Porch". There is an outdoor porch and bar plus the indoor bar. My wife and I ate in the bar area. Atmosphere was nice, and the food was very good. The mushroom soup is fantastic. Our server was very was very efficient and attentive. We will be back

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worth the stop in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've driven by the Porch, formerly the lamb tavern, so many times, but never stopped in until recently. I was pleasantly surprised by it's relaxed clean autsmophere. My husband and I sat in the bar which has a decent wine and beer selection. The happy hour menu is one of the best in delco, with cheap delicious burgers, sandwiches and apps. My husband had the burger, which he said was delicious while I had the shrimp and mango salad which was fresh and tasty. We will definitely be adding the Porch to our list of restaurants!

• Visited November 2012