“Done with Them” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
West Berlin, New Jersey
“Done with Them”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

If you see a menu like a thick book having every kind of food you can think of, they do not make it fresh. It’s impossible to have that large of a selection, so we went to this diner for the last time. Sometimes you can have an off day, but three strikes and you’re out.

I ordered a Caesar salad for $8 and a small cup of soup for $4. I guess I should have gotten a “Special” for $12, but would have received a larger, more awful meal. The dressing was pink and vinegary with the cheese out of a shaker instead of freshly grated. I asked if they had anchovies and the waitress said it would be $3 extra.

My dad ordered beef stroganoff and the chunks of beef were rock hard forcing him to eat just the noodles. His wife’s $13 baked Virginia ham with pineapple was three see-through slices with that nasty neon sauce you get with sweet and sour pork at a Chinese restaurant.

When my son ordered a steak, he tried to substitute the onion rings it came with for fries. She said they couldn’t do that, but he could order a side of fries with it. We have always had an awkward time trying to order a meal there. I could continue with how we got burned with over pricing and their lousy attitude, but I hope you get the point. We’ve finally learned an expensive lesson: quantity does not equal quality.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I ate here after having a killer hang over. Me and my young girlfriend went here and the food was old and it totally blew. It's not worth the wait and I wanted to throw up from the food not the captain I drank last night

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“No good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Every Sunday me my brother go to breakfast after a good night out and we are trying to find a good dinner and this one was the worst. There is Long waits, the food sucks , drinks are horrible. Made my hang over worse.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Westchester County
“Decent food - amazingly fast service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Offering standard dining fare on the side of Baltimore Pike just shy of I-476, the diner represents a good option when traversing that thoroughfare. Breakfasts of 3-egg omelettes were uninspiring but satisfying as were pancakes, sausage and home fries. Like most diners, unfortunately, a standard-sized concentrated orange juice goes for $3 and no water is offered. Tea consisted of the usual Lipton and one presumes the coffee was similarly unremarkable. The big standout was service - breakfast appeared shortly after it was ordered. Perhaps getting quick turnover on a busy Saturday morning was the inspiration. In short, an uncreative but not bad family meal option.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia PA
“3rd time is not a charm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have eaten here 3 times and the food is OK. I've only tried a few things on the menu and never really had a problem with the food. It's just ok. I do, however, think that the people there are rude. You can just about get a smile from someone that seats you and I have had a miserable waitress every time that I have gone there. A hello would be nice from the person that seats you, geez! I feel that people who go here and talk about it and how much they love it just love that they give "big portions" there is more to a meal than just how much they pile on your plate. I would rather have a smaller portion of better food!

• Visited July 2012