After reading reviews of this hotel, I called hotel directly and asked about negative comments I had seen on the internet, they were reassuring about cleanliness and smells. I asked if I could get 2 of the recently refreshed, non-pet rooms because we were traveling with 2 small children who touch everything and would most likely play on the floor (my mother was also with us so we had 2 rooms). They assured me that I would be assigned to nice rooms and be as far away from the smoking rooms as possible (they are considering going smoke-free). I asked about the best rate available and received lower than published rate - how nice! The hotel is easy to find - right off turnpike exit! Check-in was smooth and when I went to get more things from the car, they asked how I liked the rooms. The rooms looked very neat and appeared to be very clean including bathrooms. Breakfast was almost as advertised - waffles (excellent) they even have reg and lite syrup, cereal selection OK (only 2% milk), no decaf coffee available in breakfast area (no problem, just brew in coffee maker included with room), hb eggs one day only, no danishes but had bagels, bread for toasting, and doughnuts (one day), 2 juices. The covered parking was a bonus - we had cold weather with spring snow while there. Front desk and housekeeping staff were very pleasant. I was pleasantly surprised and feel that we got a good value for the money.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Somerset
- Americas Best Value Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn Somerset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Baymont Inn & Suites by "WYNDHAM", Renovated 2014. King Or Two Queen Size Room with 32" LCD, Free WiFi, Iron - Iron Board, Hair Dryer, Free Deluxe Breakfast Includes Hot Waffles, Yogurt, French Toast, Scrambled Egg Patty, Wheat-White Toast, 4 Type of Cereals, Tea, Coffee,Fruits etc. Our hotel is 3.9 miles from the Somerset Historical Center, 5 miles from the Miners Memorial, and 9 miles from the Great Allegheny Passage. Popular attractions like Jennerstown Speedway, Fallingwater, and Idlewild Amusement Park are all within a 30 minute drive of our property. Located in the beautiful Laurel highlands of Pennsylvania, we are within walking distance of many restaurants including Ruby Tuesday, Eat'n'Park Restaurant, Kings Family Restaurants, Pine Grill Restaurant/Catering, Rey Azteca Mexican Restaurant, and Hoss's Steak and Sea House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.