Many issues at this hotel. Stayed here for 2 nights, check in was ok, front desk guy wearing 'street clothes', no name tag, nothing. Somewhat helpful. He asked for manager to come & assist, again no name tag & street clothes. Room was not the best. Stained bedding, smoke detector hanging by wire from ceiling, hardly any towels, which from what Ive read on here is an ongoing issue, took several attempts to get additional. Vomit on staircase, looked like it had been there a while, really grosssss!!! Did not feel like a very safe place, doors to parking lot/outside were never locked. Didn't go near breakfast buffet. Friend of ours was staying in different room, his room overlooked dumpster, window was BROKEN, and tv did not work. He checked next morning for after sleeping in bed he woke with insect bites and checked in hotel right next door. Called hotel prior to arriving to ask if rooms had microwave and/or frig, was told they had neither. However, our room had both, friends room had just a frig. The morning we were leaving a housekeeper (again in street clothes & no name tag) asked for our room # because she needed to know what rooms she was suppose to clean, told her we had not check out yet, she asked us to let her know so she could clean it. Thought that was very strange. Only good thing about this hotel was there is a Ruby Tuesday's, McDonalds & Starbucks right next to hotel you can walk to. Other than that, this place is a dump. I strongly ugre you to stay somewhere else!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Baymont Inn & Suites by "WYNDHAM", Renovated 2014. King Or Two Queen Size Room with 32" LCD, Free WiFi, Iron - Iron Board, Hair Dryer, Free Deluxe Breakfast Includes Hot Waffles, Yogurt, French Toast, Scrambled Egg Patty, Wheat-White Toast, 4 Type of Cereals, Tea, Coffee,Fruits etc. Our hotel is 3.9 miles from the Somerset Historical Center, 5 miles from the Miners Memorial, and 9 miles from the Great Allegheny Passage. Popular attractions like Jennerstown Speedway, Fallingwater, and Idlewild Amusement Park are all within a 30 minute drive of our property. Located in the beautiful Laurel highlands of Pennsylvania, we are within walking distance of many restaurants including Ruby Tuesday, Eat'n'Park Restaurant, Kings Family Restaurants, Pine Grill Restaurant/Catering, Rey Azteca Mexican Restaurant, and Hoss's Steak and Sea House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Hotel Somerset
- Americas Best Value Inn Somerset