“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Georgian Inn of Somerset

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somerset
The Georgian Inn of Somerset
You added The Georgian Inn of Somerset to your Saves list
800 Georgian Place Dr, Somerset, PA 15501   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Somerset B&B and Inns
Springfield, VA
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

The location is lovely, the building and rooms are beautiful. There is a nice patio that over looks the lake. You can sit out there and enjoy the view with your favorite beverage. We did not eat dinner at the inn. But the (included) breakfast in the sunroom was totally delightful. Paid $135 for room with clawfoot tub , no shower - but very roomy and lovely. Would recommend for romantic little getaway.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We wanted to stay here for our trip o visit the memorial for Flight 93. A first we were disappointed that they were booked. I decided to at least make a reservation for formal tea. I was fine with $20 a piece for tea. When we arrived the handicapped parking was on the opposite side of the building from the ramp. A minor inconvenience, but worth noting. I use a service animal to pull my wheelchair and help me with various other things. We were denied entrance to our reservation due to my service animal and told this was "state law". Funny, none of the other restaurants we ate in, or the hotel we stayed in, seemed to be aware of this state law that trumps the Federal ADA law. Thank goodness we didn't stay there. Could you imagine showing up to a hotel, and there are precious few in this area, and being turned away?

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our 5 weeks vacation began with an overnight stay at this delightful and impressive Inn. easy to find from highway. a bit lonely on a weekday. Very tasty supper. Not clear why we were charged for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
DuBois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

It's with disappointment that I write this review. Our first visit under new ownership was not good. I wrote a review a few years ago highly recommending the Inn and now feel that I need to warn you that a lot has changed. The service was poor, the food was not good, and we felt uncomfortable in an environment that we have spent many visits with. We have a family now and this is not a family oriented Inn...I would say maybe couples or singles only.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This B&B under the new owners, the Charrie's is one of the best we have ever stayed at..
Rooms wonderful,food excellant,and easy to get to off the Turnpike. Would drive back from Ohio just for a nice week-end.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Great place!! My husband and I stayed at the inn this past weekend and we had the most amazing time. It was their grand opening weekend, the room was great, the food was amazing, and they couldn't have asked for a better staff. The bartender had little to be desired for but our waitress, Lindsey was amazing (must request). Chuck the owner and his darling wife Stephanie were simply wonderful and very kind! I would recommend this place to anyone!! Tell your friends!!

• Stayed July 2010
Stoystown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the inn many times in the past. This was the best stay at The Georgian Inn of Somerset yet. They are under new ownership and the renovations are great. New paint and decor, that didn't take away from the age of the house. The atmosphere is great and you feel like your at home. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner and the food was awesome. I would suggest if you go to Somerset you need to check out the inn and check in and stay the night. The weekend of June 24 to the 27 is there grand opening, because of the new ownership. My husband and I are planning to attend. They have one of a kind creations coming out of the kitchen and also a new dinner chef.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Georgian Inn of Somerset? Share your experiences!