“A Very Pleasant Surprise in Somerset” 5 of 5 stars

Budget Host Inn Somerset
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   799 N. Center Ave., Somerset, PA 15501   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
Washington, DC
“A Very Pleasant Surprise in Somerset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2007

I picked this place at random when it was time to stop along the Pennsyvania Turnpike for the night, and I am extremely glad I did. Years ago, I spent 4 years traveling about 25 days per month. As a result, I've stayed in well over 100 different motels across the US. This was the cleanest room I think I've ever seen. Amenities were nothing fancy, but included a nice bed, plenty of hot water in the shower, a microwave, a refrigerator, and HBO. There were restaurants less than a block away, and a gas station right across the alley with a 24 hour carry out. The heat worked great and was NOT near the bed, which is a welcome deviation from the norm. The only things missing: a box of tissues.

For the price, I would say this is probably in the top 1 percent of motels in America. My 75-year-old parents were with me on this trip, and they agreed wholeheartedly. Since it is about halfway between my house and theirs, we now plan to use Budget Host Somerset as our preferred stopping off point for future trips!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — For the money, nothing negative to say
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bethesda, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2006

In theory, I have no problem staying in cheap motels. After all, I am not high-maintenance and don't particularly need a fancy place, especially when I'm not doing much more with the room than sleeping in it at night. As long as it's clean and I can sleep okay, I'm fine.

In practice, most of the cheap motels I stay in are not to my liking, either because they're *not* clean or the bed is uncomfortable (usually way too soft).

However, the Budget Host Inn passed both those requirements with flying colors. The room was absolutely spotless - simple, but perfectly clean. And the beds were firm enough to sleep well in.

The room was not huge, but it did have a mini-fridge and microwave. Also, there was (thoughtfully) a space heater in the bathroom. If that hadn't been there, the bathroom would be too cold to use in winter!

This place definitely met my requirements for an inexpensive motel and I would certainly stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Budget Host Inn Somerset? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Budget Host Inn Somerset

Address: 799 N. Center Ave., Somerset, PA 15501
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Somerset
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
Hotel Class:2 star — Budget Host Inn Somerset 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Budget Host Inn Somerset reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Budget Host Hotel Somerset
Budget Host Motel Somerset

If you own or manage Budget Host Inn Somerset, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.