“Best B&B I've Had The Opportunity to Stay At - Ever” 5 of 5 stars

The Belsar Inn Bed & Breakfast
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   515 Felgar Road, Somerset, PA 15501   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Somerset B&B and Inns
Sacramento, California
“Best B&B I've Had The Opportunity to Stay At - Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I traveled alone, ahead of other family members. Brenda made arrangements to have me picked up at the airport so I wouldn't have to rent a car that I would not need once the rest of my family arrived. When I got to the B&B, I was the only guest for the first couple of days. Frank and Brenda and their little girl embraced me as one of their family. They took me to experience some of the local visitor attractions such as the Memorial for Flight 97, shopping at a local Amish store, etc. Brenda is an excellent cook, so the meals were delicious. I was allowed to use their kitchen, and baked some of my favorite cookies for them. I truly felt at home in their home. It is beautiful, in a beautiful setting. It is cozy, immaculate, and welcoming. I had no need for anything. I look forward to staying there in the future, anytime I may get to travel to that side of the country. It probably won't be too often, because it is quite a distance from California. That does not prevent me from visiting The Belsar Inn and the wonderful family within - very often - in my thoughts and dreams. I have been remiss in not letting them know personally. My good intentions quickly slipped by as the busyness of everyday life grabbed hold of me. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share the warm feelings and memories I do have regarding my stay there. Aside from the family wedding I attended as the purpose of my trip, my stay at The Belsar Inn Bed and Breakfast was the highlight of my visit to Pennsylvania.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dunnellon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Call me old fashion but i so enjoy coming back to the Belsar Inn.Frank and Brenda are so welcoming that I feel at home here.The rooms are just lovely and breakfast is amazing.Love the oatmeal casserole wow.
When you are traveling a lot you want to find a place that allows you the safe comfortable place to rest yourself after a long day on the road.
I am so grateful to find this wonderful place

Room Tip: Easy access of the Pa Turnpike but none of the noise yay
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Gap, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We will definitely stay again. Thanks Brenda, Frank & Family.

Mark & Kim

I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this hotel, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review. I understand that TripAdvisor has a zero-tolerance policy on fake reviews.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Waterford Works, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This little gem of a B&B is ticked away in the hillsides of Somerset, minutes from downtown, and close to Seven Springs resort. It offers both solitude and social time (if you wish) as the owners (Brenda and Frank) are engaging and pleasant, and good cooks as well. The rooms are well appointed and have a homey touch that is clean and not kitschy; the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on, and the whirlpool tub was fabulous after a whole day of hiking. I highly recommend the Belsar, and we will be staying there again for our next festival.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Minsk Mazowiecki, Siedlce, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Belsar Inn is a fantastic place to stay! Mr. Frank and Miss Brenda are so sweet and helpful. The Inn is located close enough to town to be convenient, but far away enough to be quiet and peaceful. The rooms are great and very clean, and breakfast was wonderful! We were able to have lunch on the porch overlooking the lovely lawn. I would definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Germantown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We looked at others before deciding on this B&B. It was certainly the right choice! We were immediately made to feel right at home and part of the family by Brenda and Frank. Our room was very comfortable and breakfast was tremendous! Brenda recommended a terrific massage therapist that was also excellent. We can't wait to schedule a return visit. Two-thumbs-up for anyone looking for a great place to stay in Somerset County.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at The Belsar Inn. Brenda went our of her way to make us feel at home. We even got to play wih the family dog. This gives you a home like feeling versus staying in a hotel. If Dave and I ever are out in that part of the state again we will make arrangements to stay at The Belsar Inn Bed and Breakfast again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to The Belsar Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!